Aoi House Icons?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

quarteni

Aoi House Icons?

Post by quarteni »

Okay. I'm kind-a nervous about this, but… I was making icons for my computer and…well… one icon lead to another and now I have a bunch of Aoi House icons that I thought would be fun to share! I made three sets… (only a slight icon addiction…). :sweat:

#1 – Circle Set [View Snapshot] [Download]
#2 – Heart Shaped Set [View Snapshot] [Download]
#3 – Random Set [View Snapshot] [Download]

Tell me what you think! :happyhappy: (and if they work...*) :saaad:
*They should work for both Mac and Windows!
Last edited by black rabbit 1 on Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

quarteni

Post by quarteni »

Sorry I haven’t replied until now… Busy day... :dizzzy2: Anyway, I fixed the links in the previous post (for got the “/â€
Image Image Image Image

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Wingus wrote:Curious, though, how do you make them? I see no option in Photoshop to save a picture as such. Do you just make a picture within a certain dimensions and change the filename manually?
Though several image editing programs will provide you with the means to save images as icon files I'd recommend using a dedicated program. They're usually much easier to use than general purpose image editing programs, because they provide only the specific subset of features that is needed to deal with icons. My favourite (on Windows) is Microangelo. It's not free, but the price is reasonable, and it's a complete toolbox for dealing with icons and cursors.

cu
59cobalt
Last edited by cmgviking on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

quarteni

Post by quarteni »

Well, the way I make icons they’re completely free, but I run on a Mac (sorry Windows people). My sister knows more about Windows and probably has her own little icon program that I don’t know about… I’m not sure… but the way I make icons is.... I take an image and make it 128 x 128 pixels. The programs I use read Photoshop files so I don’t have to export as a .gif. I then use Easy Bake Icon to make a .icns file (Mac's icon format) and IconDroplet to make the icon image for the Mac. To make them .ico for a Windows (so I can share ‘em :happyhappy: ) I take the .icns file from Easy Bake and use Iconverter. It may not be a simple drag and drop with one program, but it works! There are plug-ins for Photoshop you can buy so you can export directly, but these programs worked for me so... yeah...

I wish I knew more about customizing a Windows. All I really know about a Windows is what I learned in college (which didn’t have anything to do with desktops, icons, or screensavers…everything else, but that…). I can make almost anything for my Mac... just not for my sister's Windows... :R
Image Image Image Image

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Those are pretty darn cool. ^_^

quarteni

Post by quarteni »

Yay! I’m glad people like them! If I make more I’ll be sure to show ‘em! :happyhappy:
Image Image Image Image