Not A Final Fantasy 9 Fan?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

GoggleHead

Not A Final Fantasy 9 Fan?

Post by GoggleHead »

Hi everyone just reading Aoi for like the 4 time :shy3: and noticed that when Elle and her friends were cosplaying. Elle didn't want to cosplay in a FF9 costume for very long. i was just wondering if some of the people that help makes the manga like Mr Arnold or Shiei or anyone else not like that Final fantasy game or something. just something i was a little curious about. :?:
Adventure Awaits

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I actually explain the problem in the Aoi Notes on the page after the FFIX cameo:
http://www.gomanga.com/webmanga/index.p ... i&page=162

But here is the jist...
I've played and beat Final Fantasy IX and I have action figures from the game. It's not my favorite Final Fantasy (I love VI and VIII), but it's not the worst. It's just that I had a clear vision for how I wanted Fruit Cake Fantasy to play out and IX's contribution was always meant to be just that short gag transition. And by that point in the story, the goal was to build towards a fun conclusion...not go overboard with another spoof. That's basically it. ^_^

GoggleHead

Post by GoggleHead »

Adam Arnold wrote:I actually explain the problem in the Aoi Notes on the page after the FFIX cameo:
http://www.gomanga.com/webmanga/index.p ... i&page=162

But here is the jist...
I've played and beat Final Fantasy IX and I have action figures from the game. It's not my favorite Final Fantasy (I love VI and VIII), but it's not the worst. It's just that I had a clear vision for how I wanted Fruit Cake Fantasy to play out and IX's contribution was always meant to be just that short gag transition. And by that point in the story, the goal was to build towards a fun conclusion...not go overboard with another spoof. That's basically it. ^_^
Cool thanks for the info
Adventure Awaits

shiei
Cookie Angel

Post by shiei »

Adam Arnold wrote:. It's not my favorite Final Fantasy (I love VI and VIII), but it's not the worst.
*fwaps adam* I wuv FF 9 , alexander's wings are so pretty and the characters are all chibi like XD
>> then again....im biased on all things cute..>_< :sweat:

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Real_AirCooledMan wrote:
shiei wrote:*fwaps adam* I wuv FF 9 , alexander's wings are so pretty and the characters are all chibi like XD
>> then again....im biased on all things cute..>_< :sweat:
Du und deine Süßheit!
You and your cuteness! :)
"Süßheit" is not really a word. "Cuteness" would be better translated as "Niedlichkeit".

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Too... much... german! XD

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Adam Arnold wrote:Too... much... german! XD
There's no such thing. :dancemove:

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

59cobalt wrote:
Adam Arnold wrote:Too... much... german! XD
There's no such thing. :dancemove:
But there is such a thing as too much German.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Left myself wide open for that one.

Okay, here's some Engel...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PVQaixvlMwo

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Adam Arnold wrote:Left myself wide open for that one.

Okay, here's some Engel...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PVQaixvlMwo
*hmph* Rammstein have made better songs than Engel (e.g. Asche zu Asche or Heirate mich). I'll admit that it's kinda fitting for an Evangelion-AMV, though.

cu
59cobalt

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Yeah, the Engel AMV is one of Kevin Caldwell's best AMVs. I personally like his Battle Athletes amv called "Believe" (which is the theme from Run Lola Run) and also the Memories amv he did with the "Phantom of the Opera Remix."