[COUPLES] Alex and Elle - Will they or won't they?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Kumquat21 wrote:I think Onee-san (is that the spelling? I know Oni means demon, so . . .) and Morgan are going to end up together.
Lesbians.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Translation:

Oneesan = big sister
Oniisan = big brother

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Kumquat21 wrote:Ah, one more thing. I just came across the idea that the Elle and Alex pairing is cliche - because they're in denial. You're obviously right, after all, it does happen terribly often in manga.
I must then come to the conclusion that life, is, in fact, horribly cliche because denial and childish expression of love happens dreadfully often in life. I nominate that we go off in search of some omnipresent god-figure and point this painful flaw to him, and then demand a rewrite. The idea of real love has become so boring, everyone should be mindless fangirls now, that's TRUE affection!
Besides, I've obviously been living in a lie my entire existance - forgive me, I thought the purpose of art and writing was to mimic and express life. but if life's cliche, what am I to do?

Also - I do not, in truth, think Morgan's a sue. She's characteristic of fanbrats everywhere on the internet - she is perky and sugar-obsessed and immature, and nice in a simple way, though also fairly annoying. There is no denying this, because this is the way she is written. I do think, however, that a majoridy or Morgan fans (actually not really most of the ones on this thread, there are all sorts of lovely mature arguments on here) are these sort of trivial fanbrats, or, for reasons unfathomable to me, want to be them. They project all the charactaristics they value and want to possess on to her, in fact, they turn her into a sue. And obviously, because Morgan is sooooo much like me (speaking here although one of said fanbrats) and is sooooo cute, and soooo perfect she has to end up with the bishonen boy, of course. Why would Elle end up with him? Elle's a meanie-pants! Yes, she is mean and snobby and cruel. It's called character. Morgan's got quite a bit of character too, she's in fact just as flawed as the so called 'thing,' Elle.

Haha, I really am getting into this! Fun! ^___^ Flame me, please. I could use a laugh.
You want flaming, Fine, here's some for ya'.

For one thing, you've completely messed up the idea of art. Art is not intended to mimic life, art is a way of expression. It is the artists way of expressing himself/herself. Art can be anything you want it to be, and could be as far out from normal as you want it to be. If your sole purpose in art is to mimic life, then I can not say you are a true artist.

Sure, life is cliche. That's why we all fall in love with a blond with a large chest and tear at each others throat until a random kiss or walk under moonlight brings us to realization. Yup, that's EXACTLY how my life went. Cause fighting with someone means that one day you'll truly love her.

You completely missed the point where you tell us why YOU think elle X alex should be together. You took a psychological approach to why you think Morgan fans want her to end up with Alex. Now, you may not have noticed this, but for a while now, Morgan fans have been having VERY mature and deep Morgan defense, while many of the Elle fans still say, "They should be together because they were meant for each other." The way I see it, right now, the Morgan fans are more mature than the Elle fans.

You want more, I've got more!
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]