Adam's Room: Touring the Otaku's Den

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I'm not familiar with them, but some of their import DVDs look like bootlegs (especially if you consider true "from Japan" anime DVDs are upwards of $50+ a pop). Still, some of their domestic DVD prices are okay.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I was sooo tempted to buy an Xbox 360 yesterday, but I talked myself out of it. So, uh...I bought a new TV instead. Yay.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

No, I try not to ever buy extras...I'd have to have entire room just devoted to those! XD

For thoae Love Hina action figures I have still in the packages on that ceiling arch, I got those imported from some Japanese hobby shop. Can't recall where since it was so long ago (2002), but I got really mad when Diamond started importing them a few months later for 1/2 the prince. o_o

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I recall that I originally imported them from Nippon Export, but they can't get them anymore. AnimeCornerStore.com only has Kitsune in stock, so I'm guessing eBay.com might be the only place to find Shinobu. BTW, Mutsumi is "said" to be the rarest of the figures.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Trust me, EVERYONE has been screwed over by eBay at least once. It just comes with buying stuff from other people.

Me? I've had comics not packaged with a damn and been outright ripped off by a comic art dealer that skipped town and never sent a whole slew of people artwork (yeah, it would've been really nice to actually have full pages of Emma Frost in my collection...but *sigh*).

Anyway, sometimes eBay really is the only place to buy stuff. Just don't spent a crapload of money (over $100) unless you know the person is legit.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I went into more detail about places I buy stuff in my latest Aoi Notes. So feel free to ask any questions you might have...
http://www.gomanga.com/webmanga/index.p ... i&page=127