Adam's Room: Touring the Otaku's Den

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Do you have any secret place that you get good deals on for your figures, anime, and manga? I've found some places to get cheap DVD's and unopened cheap figures, but maybe you know more?
There really isn't any method I use. I generally buy anime from either Best Buy or AnimeCornerStore.com.

Figures...I haven't really bought many anime figures lately, but I tend to get them at whatever place I see them...no matter the price.

Manga? Waldenbooks/Borders. That's the only place I shop for manga.

Comic Books...I have a local comic shop that I've been going to since 1993.

what would you say is the most expensive item you've bought of anime, manga, and figures? Just curious.
The Advent Pieces box set for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It was like $320 plus another $50 or so in shipping.

Everything else hasn't been nearly that expensive. My Nekokeneko plushie (i.e. the stacked cats from Azumanga Daioh) was about $80 and I have two animation cels from Sailor Moon that were over $50. But really, my most expensive things tend to be import video games. I bought my Japanese PS2 back before the price drop when it was still full price (close to $400 due to import rates) and none of those music game controllers come cheap. My custom built Pop'n Music controller (it's a Ransai) was over $200. AND I owned DDR pads back before the craze happened and the only real way to get 'em were off eBay for crazy $50+ prices for third party controllers.

kidoairaku

Post by kidoairaku »

OH... MY... god....... O____________________________O""""

i want your room ... TT__TT that's soo much stuff. i have never seen so much stuff in one place in my life except for at a convention
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/jeyoriginal/siggy.jpg[/img]
http://kidoairaku.deviantart.com
[i]just another dreamer...[/i]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

All three of the action figure sized X-2 figures are still in the boxes by my entrance door (3rd picture).

You can't see if from the pictures, but I also have an entire shelf dedicated to FF action figures. It's the second shelf up by my desk.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ha ha!

Thanks. ^_^

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

About the Magical DoReMi stuff?
Nope. She was too busy ignoring me and talking on the phone. I got off scott free.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

sherman wrote:Adam, I am going to make it my quest to find you something
that you haven't gotten yet. ^_~ Hehe. Let's start with Asuka
Summercasual Version model. Got that already? ^_^

I've actually slowed down buying excessive amounts of action figures like I used to. Now, I really just focus on buying stuff that really catches my eye.

Now, DVDs, anime and comics don't have that same rule. I buy those are a break-neck pace. Video games...depends on the title.