Adam's Room: Touring the Otaku's Den

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

EternalCollector.com asked me if I'd do one of their collector interview profiles and showcase my room on their site, so I did. You can check it out here:
http://eternalcollector.com/adamcoll.html

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Matt wrote:That's not enough. No. I want, nay, demand that you take more pictures of your stuff. Just systematically walk past your shelves, and *click*, step, *click*, step. "Film is expensive" is not an excuse when you have a digital camera. Would love to actually see what you have, and not just see a bunch of books blurred together by evil resizing.
Actually, I'd need to borrow the digitial camera I bought for my mom a couple of months ago if I wanted to take any close up photos. It has better megapixels and zoom.

Still wanna see your new TV, too.
It's actually sitting on my desk because I can't ever seem to leave my desk...so I end up watching a movie and pausing it to answer IMs most of the time.

BTW, what happened to the Toy section of the forum? I had more stuff to post... drat.
It wasn't getting enough posts, so I merged the remaining topics into either the Pub or one of the other sections.

Speaking of that, any new figures? I just ordered a set of Cloud Strife and his Fenrir motorcycle from Advent Children. Should be here shortly, can't wait.
I bought just over $150 worth of Superman Returns merchandise...action figures and such. That's the last collectibles aside from older DVDs that I've bought.

One last thing, ever checked out the anime "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"? Pretty interesting, and beautiful animation. Maybe you guys could secure the rights to the novels it is based off of? Eh?
Not yet, but It's on my list.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

DEATHBERRY wrote:do you have any bleach stuf?
No, I actually tend to avoid a lot of the bigger titles from recent years.

how you never talk about any shonen titles?
How come I never talk about any shonen titles?
Well, my tastes tend to skew all across the board when it comes to anime and manga. But I do have a natural tendancy to shy away from a lot of action titles and focus instead on comedies and dramas. But again, my tastes are all across the board.

do you buy anime games?
Not actively. I do have some anime games, though. The problem with a lot of them is that they just aren't that good. Gundam Side-Story 0079 for Dreamcast is quite good...the import only Gundam Char's Counterattack for PS1 was okay, but a tad easy...the last Love Hina game (can't recall the title) for the PS2 was the first to let you "kinda" roam around Hinata House and it was decent... and the Initial D: Special Stage for PS2 is a port of the arcade game, so what's not to love?

Ocion wrote:I envy you with that room so much.....
I AM GLAD WE HAVE ANOTHER DC FAN HERE.
I have an inheritance of over 4000 marvel and dc comics.
I love DC stuff. I don't know what it is...I just like the characters more.

[note: i do read all of Marvel's Ultimate titles, Runaways, Y: The Last Man, Fables, and a few others.]

How long did it take you to get all of these things?
25 years...so never throw away any of your toys or sell anything...and always try to spend your money on stuff you love.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

ilovepinkhair wrote::shock: Whoa and i though i was bad with my collection of anime and manga XD lol. I know there is other people with more then me but the people i talk to don't have as much as me and they think i'm crazy XD lol. :happyhappy: your room is soo amazing though. :O
Thank you very much. ^_^
where are the cash registers ?? XD hehe
They're in the previous room as you go to leave. ^_-

But seriously, I never sell anything. I might way later on, but right now...I like being inspired by my room. It's a nice environment to work in.

your room looks like the comic book stores i walk into :happyhappy:.
I was actually going for a book or video store quality when I designed my shelving. So the whole comic book store feel is purely intentional because it's quite functional!

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

On a side note, I know Draco and I have at least 430 manga volumes a piece. Not up to stuff with Adam, but there are other mongers here.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Thenks. ^_^

But don't sweat the money thing. Really, just buy what you like and enjoy what you get. That's really all you can hope for.

Don't do like me, though, and spend ever cent you get on DVDs. That's a bad habit. XD