Two Truths and a Lie

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Two Truths and a Lie

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, time to resolve mine...

The lie is...

#2!!! :D

So T2B was correct, just for the wrong reasons.

#1: Yes, I was singer in a metal band, together with my best friend, his brother and rotating other people. But we never even got to the point of recording a demo, just wrote a few songs, and never performed live. :P The two brothers then joined another, death metal, band, and actually recorded two CDS, one of them even under an official recording contract!!! Their band: Doomstone

#2: The best lie is almost the truth. We did have a huge cherry tree (as I told T2B later). I actually did fall out of it, like a 10 foot drop, but I landed on my back, and except having my wind knocked out of me, I was unhurt. I've never broken anything in my entire life.

#3: During Uni, the German physics nobel prize winner Mössbauer (one of those people who have a physical effect named after them) held a talk about the discovery that neutrinos have mass. We had to switch to the main auditorium because so many people attended.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Teacher2B wrote:What you did was the least we could expect from our Ebilest forumite. :D
Then I need to do better...

One day.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

#-o
I just realized I didn't resolve mine. The first two are true, number three is wrong. I really hate Barry Manilow :))

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Even though I've already done one, I like this game... it's curious to see what other people think about you. So, here's round two for me. :D

1. - I'm a published author, having printed several short stories in a local Tampa magazine when I was 19.
2. - I've met and shook hands with George Steinbrenner, long time owner of the New York Yankees.
3. - I'm a skilled left handed archer who considered entering the olympics for archery until I was in my mid-teens.

I'm reallllly interested to here which of these people think is the lie. :p
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

:-?

I guess number 2. I have no specific reason to guess it, I just do.

EDIT: oh, and should we let each one resolve before the next person has a go? I got very confused in the last round.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I say #1, because you've said you grew up in/around Philly.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

And the lie is... #3!

1. - While I did grow up until I was roughly 14 in Philadelphia, I moved to Tampa for my later teen years. Working at a convenience store, I befriended a fellow co-worker who was involved in publishing a magazine called "Time Out Tampa Bay". I only got paid $75 a story, but it was some of the best money I'd ever earned!

2. - And when I was a senior in high school, I participated in a school program called the executive internship program. It placed different students in businesses around Tampa Bay as interns at an executive position. I interned with the Florida Orchestra's Marketing and Public Relations department. George Steinbrenner was a huge donator to the Florida Orchestra, and while there he came by for a visit and shook my hand.

3. - I am a left handed archer, but I never was that good! ;) It sounded like a good lie, though!
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

zgwortz
D.O.M.

Post by zgwortz »

1) This statement is the truth
2) This statement is a lie
3) The other two statements are both lies

What? Not what you were asking for? Okay, try these on for size, then:

1) I'm an expert at contra dancing
2) I'm an expert at using a flogger
3) I'm an expert at writing device drivers

@T2B: I'm going to guess the lie is #1 - it's too obvious.
-->Steve
D.O.M.

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

zgwortz wrote:1) I'm an expert at contra dancing
2) I'm an expert at using a flogger
3) I'm an expert at writing device drivers
Hmmm.

#1 should be the obvious lie from what you've told us before, AFAIK at least.

#3 is obscure and with your background I would say you quite possibly are, so I'm going to go for #2 because it's the least obvious. Or something.

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

i will go for #1 with zgwortz
Last edited by Ithilion on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

Teacher2B wrote:Ok, 3 more of me.

1- I have been using glasses since I was a teen.
2-I was in the highschool chorus for a year.
3-I was in my highschool volleyball team and we went to play against other schools.
I don't know, but for some reason #2 is jumping at me.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

For T2B, I'd go with number 2, since we know she wears glasses and has done for some years, and we also know she plays volleyball.

For zgwortz... I dunno what a flogger, or contra dancing is, so I'll go for nubmer 2 again. The flogger.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

@zgwortz: I'm guessing 3, simply because I'm assuming your expertise lies in something else, not because I don't think you can do it.

A trio for me.

1) There's a sculpture of me in one of the exhibits at Madame Tussauds of New York, although I'm not specifically named.
2) I only attended one year of high school, and graduated with honors.
3) My first girlfriend would've been arrested for dating me.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Pneu: My guess is number 3
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Hm, Pneu once mentioned that Pneu's first NISE was very illegal, so maybe Pneu was still very young back then...

I say 2.
ImageImage