Zombie Survival Sim: Discussion

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: Zombie Survival Sim: Discussion

Post by 'J' »

so, any thoughts on what to do for day 3? we're pretty well stocked on food and water, and most of the basic gear, but i am still concerned about ammo.

i was hoping to do a scouting mission to check out the police station, but with jay otherwise occupied that is going to have to wait for day 4. i'd suggest sending a team to the hardware and camping stores, and jay can link up with them on site. might be worth it to hit the bookstore too and see if we can improve morale with something to read.

another team might look for the rv that belongs to those keys, but i think that's also a job for scouts.
Yet still, I live...

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Map updated. I've added street names, as well as how many floors each building has, as indicated by a number by the name. Any building without a number can be assumed to only have 1 floor. A number that has a percentage attached to it indicates how well looted that building is, with 100% meaning totally empty of useful items. A green boarder to a building means it has been secured in some fashion, a red boarder means it is wide open. Buildings lacking a percentage or colored boarder fall into the "unknown" category. Finally the red X is Jay's current location.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

How bad is my mobility right now? how long for me to heal gamewise if i stay off it? Was it twisted or sprained [if theres a difference here]?

An instigated sprained ankle can take months to properly heal if well taken care of :<. If its just twisted, well instigitating [such as through mad rushes from death across multiple blocks]an injured ankle can still be bad but not as bad as with a sprain.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

You can limp along, say about as fast as a moderate jog. As for how long, I'm treating injury and healing in a less than totally serious manner, as keeping with the nature of table top RPGs that this is sort of based on. Basically, you heal a point of health every game day.
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

ah good, i was thinking along the line of status affects.

wait do we have those?
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

As of this point, the game only has one status effect...

Duration: Permanent
Effect: Victim becomes one of the undead, mindlessly shuffling about in a never ending search for living flesh to ease the suffering of being undead
Cure: Death

And I've gotten back all the surprise phase responses save one, once I get Miss V's I'll get the results up for you all.

'J'

Post by 'J' »

oh the suspense
Yet still, I live...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

is it the same surprise phase as my team giong out had or a new one/other one?
ImageImageImage

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

I'm not sure I'm following you on that one Ten. We have two surprises going on at the moment, one for J by himself, one for the rest of the party back at HQ. And as I'm still missing that final response, I'm just going to go ahead and get the results done without it at this point. I should have it all up and done sometime tonight after classes.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

say will the grocery mission team's recent posts and interactions with the team at HQ cause trouble?
ImageImageImage

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Not at all.

Also, apologizes for not having the results done last night like promised, things got busy and I didn't have the time or energy for it. It'll be done tonight, I swear.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

And Surprise Phase results up. Apologizes for the delay, real life imposed itself upon my time unfortunately.

'J'

Post by 'J' »

so is it morning now then? has the activity in the streets calmed down? what can jay see from his rooftop?

also, did we get no xp for the surprise phase?
Yet still, I live...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Hope you dont mind my char seeming to take charge Vavavoom. He see's yours as a peer and isnt commanding,
ImageImageImage

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

'J' wrote:so is it morning now then?
Yes, new day starting
has the activity in the streets calmed down?
Yes, the zombies calmed down a bit before dawn
what can jay see from his rooftop?
Very little actually due to the thick morning fog
also, did we get no xp for the surprise phase?
Ah, crap! Sorry 'bout that, I don't know where my brain has wandered off to. 20 XP for everyone, +5 to Kevin for being heroic nearly to his death.