Survival: Game Thread

User-created and driven forum games for your entertainment.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Survival: Game Thread

Post by Lighthawk »

Time: ***classified***
Objective: Beta testing of experimental unit #425, code name ***classified***. Testing will be directed by ***classified***. All data will be processed at ***classified***. These orders have been approved by ***classified***. Unit testing has Rank Omega Priority. Soylent Approval has been granted by ***classified***.

-All clearances green, testing may commence immediately.-

-------------------------------------------
Test Subject Jason Black

The rushing of wind past your ears greets you back to consciousness, followed by a tinny, electronic voice.

"Good, you're awake! I was beginning to think you were among the 12% of people who are unfortunately immune to the anti-tranquilizer serum, and let me tell you, I was not looking forward to repeating my last testing experience."

As your eyes open you find yourself in a wide metal shaft, down which you are falling at an alarming rate. You notice a sky blue arm band on your left wrist, a small red LED flashing on it in time with the voice.

"So, ready to get started?"
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

mac2

Re: Survival: Game Thread

Post by mac2 »

*shouts at the armband, partly to be heard over the wind, but mostly due to panic*

What the hell am I supposed to do?
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

"If you want my advice, I would learn how to use me within the next...45 seconds. Oh duh, introductions, hi! I am a model 184 Kinetic Energy Sink. Let me walk you through the basics...actually, maybe you better just start pressing buttons, my introductory speech time is a minute and 32 seconds."

A panel on the arm band slides back, revealing three color coded buttons; blue, green, and purple.
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

mac2

Post by mac2 »

*presses the purple button*

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

A faint blue glow surrounds you, and your rate of fall decreases from 'alarming' to 'probably safe'.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

*looks down to see how far it is to the ground and what the landing surface looks like*

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

*Wisdom roll made in order to judge distance, results hidden to prevent out of character knowledge.*

It looks to be another few hundred feet down by your best guess, probably another minute or so of falling at your current rate. The shaft looks like it opens up a few dozen feet above the floor, indicating a wider room. Your current view point mostly shows you a darkened pit directly below you, with a slowly rotating fan set in the opening. The fan blades are at least a dozen feet in length and two or three feet wide.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Thinks: I wonder if I can control direction with this thing, too

*presses the blue button*

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

*Which direction is your left arm pointed?*

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Left arm is pointing right. Elbow bent, hand in front of body, like I'm checking the time on a wristwatch.

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

The bluish aura about you suddenly flows down your left arm and erupts from the collar of the K.E.S. in a brilliant azure beam. It strikes the wall of the shaft with a thunderous impact, denting the metal inward as if dealt an enormously powerful blow.

Your rate of decent begins to accelerate.

"That was really cool," the unit's voice says in a giddy tone.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

*presses the purple button again, hoping to slow back down*

Did the beam have any recoil?

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Once again the faint blue glow surrounds you, and your rate of decent slows. You note the complete lack of any recoil from the energy blast.

"Push the blue button again!" the unit says eagerly.

mac2

Post by mac2 »

"I think we'll save that for a last resort."

*checks the distance to the floor again, and scans the walls looking for someting to grab on to*

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

"Aww man..." the unit pouts.

The walls of the shaft are unfortunately smooth and devoid of any obvious handholds. You're about 15 seconds from passing out of the shaft and into the room below at your current rate, and then a few seconds more after that until you reach the pit and the fan.