Re: Dangerously Chloe 1-04-19 Liked Being a Woman

Post by bridgetvoid »

blackdaggr wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:29 pm
Devil Girl wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:37 pm
Cortez wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:56 am
See, there's nothing wrong with pegging or a guy enjoying being pegged.
Agreed! I realized it was silly I felt uncomfortable when Ma3 went in that direction, because every guy I've known who's admitted to trying it seemed to love it (and I'm talking hetero/bi guys). It's supposed to actually be beneficial for men's health, too—something to do with the prostate, I think?

I don't think there's a problem with Gary going that way or even exploring sex with other guys. It seems a lot of readers saw themselves in him, and maybe that's why it upsets them? Our society is so filled with boys being taught to hate/fear being perceived feminine/gay it's sad. I hope that changes some day, and I applaud Pixie Trix taking the direction it did with Gary's character—even though it took forever for him to learn to stand up for himself (it was quite satisfying when he finally did).
I think my biggest issue is not that Gary started exploring things in that direction, or that Teddy ended up the way he did. But every single male character in PixieTrix started exploring that direction with only one exception (the guy from MC):

Gary started enjoying pegging
Teddy becomes an androgynous, female-leaning deity
Ace (the werewolf) switches between male and female forms
Kade ends up female for a while too
The entire football team...

The only character who doesn't is Faith's boyfriend (from MC). It's just a rehash of the same thing, and it gets boring and predictable.
didn't ash (?) briefly think he was in love with layla's arranged marriage fiancee due to a spell?

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

bridgetvoid wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:40 pm
blackdaggr wrote:

The only character who doesn't is Faith's boyfriend (from MC). It's just a rehash of the same thing, and it gets boring and predictable.
didn't ash (?) briefly think he was in love with layla's arranged marriage fiancee due to a spell?
Yes, so much for that exception. I guess homosexuality is the basic running joke required for PixieTrix comix.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

blackdaggr wrote:
I think my biggest issue is not that Gary started exploring things in that direction, or that Teddy ended up the way he did. But every single male character in PixieTrix started exploring that direction with only one exception (the guy from MC):

That list oversimplifies things.

- I can't speak for Gary, since I dropped Má3 years ago.
- In Teddy's case yes, since the succubus DNA turned him into a horndog and he decided he liked it.
- Ace's transformation is involuntary and we saw that it disturbs since he doesn't why he keeps waiing up in girl's clothing. So I wouldn't count him.
- Kade was a horndog to begin with, so his transformation effect change much besides making him horny for guys.
- the football team is/was under the effect of Teddy's pheromones. Prior to that, they beat the hell out of him.
- and Ash (Faith's boyfriend) wound up cleaning Dio's tonsils on a regular basis, because he was zapped by the wand. Prior to that, he had no interest in other guys.
- You can also add Alex (from SotR), who's been duped into believing he's either gay or bi, thanks to Eloise and Nadine.

But, in all fairness, there are exceptions: Dusky (Tiff's brother), Paul (Faith's brother), Eugene (Layla and Nina's dad), Blair, Mr. Purvis, Mr. Delatorre, Domenico, Tristan, and Pierre.

Aside from that, turning straight guys gay/bi (whether by choice, compulsion, or circumstance) is a recurring theme in Pixie Trix comics.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Gotoh wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:46 pm
But, in all fairness, there are exceptions: Dusky (Tiff's brother), Paul (Faith's brother), Eugene (Layla and Nina's dad), Blair, Mr. Purvis, Mr. Delatorre, Domenico, Tristan, and Pierre.

Aside from that, turning straight guys gay/bi (whether by choice, compulsion, or circumstance) is a recurring theme in Pixie Trix comics.
Yes, exceptions. How many of them, other than Blair - who is a doll, and maybe shouldn't count, figured in a sizable number of comics?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

FuzzyFace wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:29 pm
Yes, exceptions. How many of them, other than Blair - who is a doll, and maybe shouldn't count, figured in a sizable number of comics?
Blair isn't a doll, the cast page plainly says he's a male who's spirit is trapped in Nina's doll. But if we're limiting things to only which males are/were plot relevant, then:
  • EC: Ace was a regular part of the main cast and central to several story arcs. Kade was a recurring cast member, but didn't contribute much to the plot. Dio mainly served as an antagonist to Ace, otherwise same as Kade.
  • DC may as well be renamed "Chloe Who..?' since the comic basically became about Teddy getting his rocks off with just about everybody.
  • SotR: Domenico is still Sandra's boss and runs the agency. Pierre was her boyfriend and emotional support, until she eff'd it up over Cammi. Alex was her gaming/geek culture consultant, until Eloise and Nadine got ahold of him.
So, out of that group, Domenico and Pierre have been the only exceptions... so far.

Devil Girl

Post by Devil Girl »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyqn8Wp6CoY

Boohoo, super vanilla straight guys aren't represented well here even though they exist in 99.9% of other genres. Boohoo. XD

It can never be overplayed. XD

Not until sexuality that doesn't fit into the "norm" becomes normalized and accepted at least. :)

I don't negate the higgly piggly and overused storylines, but some reactions about them have been over the top. Quite frankly, I am totally cool with the sexiness of dude exploration since there's been plenty of cheesecake played up in these storylines *for* hetero guys. Like, I love ladies, but I just don't find Didi to be sexy at all. It feels like she's 110% there for younger men (or ones with more "classic" tastes) to enjoy oogling, but that is fine. I have more fun watching the boys and some of the more...realistic-looking...ladies engage in sexy times.

Devil Girl

Post by Devil Girl »

And to be honest...I never felt any of the main characters in these strips (male or female) were portrayed as making tons of smart choices. It's all been about crazy hijinks and sexy misunderstandings. Even smart background characters seem to lose their wisdom in the foreground. It's not so bad as it makes them human but the silliness and sexiness has been over the top. When you realize that is part of Pixie Trix formula, it makes it more enjoyable. The only thing I was ever super bothered by was succubus sister storyline, and that actually turned out okay (though I feel like I need brain bleach from some of it). Probably could have done a bit without so much Pandora, too. The "mother f*cker" prank storyline could have totally been skipped.

But we got through it. Didn't love every bit of Ma3 either (though it has been stronger of a story than DC) but I love where it has ended up so far, and I'm very curious how this will all pan out in DC. I could see it going 400 different ways—including it all being a character's bad dream. XD

But I agree...the obvious trolling with Chloe and Teddy is genius! It's so stupidly funny!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Devil Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:05 am
Boohoo, super vanilla straight guys aren't represented well here even though they exist in 99.9% of other genres. Boohoo. XD
Actually, it'd be more like: 'here we go with more' a.) magical/supernatural compulsion or b.) mindf**kery to turn an otherwise straight character not anymore. As opposed to allowing such developments to happen without such outside influences.

Some posters here had the same issue with Ace hooking up with Nina for similar reasons, because he was pressured into asking her out before being given time to get over Brooke breaking up with him. And that was a *het* pairing.
Devil Girl wrote:It can never be overplayed. XD
Anything can be overplayed. Ever hear someone say, 'seen it a million times' or 'here we go again'? :-\

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Devil Girl wrote:
Huh? Have you read anything about what has most of us bothered? This is not about representation, it's about overused tropes. It's the same damn thing, over and over. Any Pixie Trix story eventually devolves into straight males enjoying sleeping with other men, whether via magical transformation, magical control, social pressure, etc. It's boring. It's lazy. And it's damned annoying, when what starts as an interesting premise just turns into the same old thing, over and over.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Faith's boyfriend too, he hooked up with Dio.

bridgetvoid

Post by bridgetvoid »

Devil Girl wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyqn8Wp6CoY

It can never be overplayed. XD

Not until sexuality that doesn't fit into the "norm" becomes normalized and accepted at least. :)

I don't negate the higgly piggly and overused storylines, but some reactions about them have been over the top. Quite frankly, I am totally cool with the sexiness of dude exploration since there's been plenty of cheesecake played up in these storylines *for* hetero guys. Like, I love ladies, but I just don't find Didi to be sexy at all. It feels like she's 110% there for younger men (or ones with more "classic" tastes) to enjoy oogling, but that is fine. I have more fun watching the boys and some of the more...realistic-looking...ladies engage in sexy times.
i'm all for representation but queerness is played as a joke across the board with these comics and it's insulting because it's clearly something the authors think is funny. quiltbag came the closest to trying to examine queer issues but stopped mid story

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Devil Girl wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:37 pm
Cortez wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:56 am
See, there's nothing wrong with pegging or a guy enjoying being pegged.
Agreed! I realized it was silly I felt uncomfortable when Ma3 went in that direction, because every guy I've known who's admitted to trying it seemed to love it (and I'm talking hetero/bi guys). It's supposed to actually be beneficial for men's health, too—something to do with the prostate, I think?
Well, let me break that statistics for you: I tried several times and didn't enjoy it at any point. No pleasure, only pain. Also, touching my prostate didn't generate the tiniest amount of pleasure at all, in fact, I felt like my breathing stopped, like I was having spasms.