Dangerously Chloe 21-03-19 Beyond Human

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-03-19 Beyond Human

Post by Gotoh »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 pm
I believe the DC forum has been the most negative/angry/disappointed/rude/snide/upset of them all for definitely the longest period of time.
Not even remotely true. I remember the Má3 section being far worse during the time that I was lurking here. It was so bad, that posters got added to "foes" list just for saying they liked certain characters. And even mentioning characters like Zii, Senna, and Yuki lead to flame wars and locked threads.

Compared to that, the DC forum is lukewarm.
TwoWayStar wrote:I'm just sad for Teddy, his sister, and everyone else impacted by hurricane Chloe.
I honestly fail to understand why anyone feels sorry for Teddy, since he had a hand in his own misfortunes. The sympathizers are saying, 'if only he hadn't met Chloe'. When it should be 'if only he hadn't broken into that museum', 'cuz that's where his problems started.

MissMadness

Post by MissMadness »

You know what let me get into the whole thing of him breaking into a museum thing. Teddy did not do that to steal or do some vandalism. He did it for the dumbest nerdest reason ever of wanting to look at some weird duck. Yes a crime but not a heinous one in the least.

So yeah the "if only he hadn't met chloe" thing still stands, it wouldn't have turned into such a mess for EITHER OF THEM. Do you understand that, meeting chloe and by extension other demonic/supernatural beings put him on this path. You know what would have happen if he hadn't met chloe that night. He probably would have just spent a year in Juvi and that's about it. But sure keep throwing him under the bus and calling him the worst being incarnate and the most evil of creatures compared to actual demonic beings whose real goals in life are to cause as much human suffering as possible.

If you dont' like teddy and what they done fine, the ways you some of you guys act about Teddi, its like he killed your first born child in front of you and shot you in the bloody knee afterward. I'm pretty sure that's the type of negativity that TwoWayStar was talking about.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Or maybe just community service.
lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 am

I have rebuttal but honestly, I just don’t care anymore. Y’all clearly get something deeply satisfying out of whining about webcomics, I guess there’s no sense in standing in the way of that.
So you are saying criticism is not allowed? Because that is not how forums work.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

MissMadness wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:25 am
If you dont' like teddy and what they done fine, the ways you some of you guys act about Teddi, its like he killed your first born child in front of you and shot you in the bloody knee afterward. I'm pretty sure that's the type of negativity that TwoWayStar was talking about.
I don't know, sleeping with a slew of jocks with the intent of choosing one poor dude to be the sacrificial joy stick for a virgin succubus to bone (despite being repeatedly told by an experienced succubus that the first few lovers would die horrifically), and making a personal harem/body guard troupe out of the jock's girlfriends (girls that Teddy himself acknowledged were under some kind of supernatural influence that made them lust after him - specifically saying, out loud, 'you're not in your right mind' after subjecting one of the girls to a test to see how far he could push her) is pretty damned evil.

And these decisions, Teddy made of his own free will. With that in mind, it's laughable to think people would still deem him an innocent victim in this whole mess.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

MissMadness wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:25 am
You know what let me get into the whole thing of him breaking into a museum thing. Teddy did not do that to steal or do some vandalism. He did it for the dumbest nerdest reason ever of wanting to look at some weird duck. Yes a crime but not a heinous one in the least.

So yeah the "if only he hadn't met chloe" thing still stands, it wouldn't have turned into such a mess for EITHER OF THEM. Do you understand that, meeting chloe and by extension other demonic/supernatural beings put him on this path.
Alternatively, he could've stayed home that night, or looked up information on the clockwork duck online. Then he wouldn't have to worry about spending time in juvenile detention ahd there'd be no demonic pact. Meaning, he'd get to live a relatively normal life.
MissMadness wrote:If you dont' like teddy and what they done fine, the ways you some of you guys act about Teddi, its like he killed your first born child in front of you and shot you in the bloody knee afterward.
I don't hate Teddy, I'm actually indifferent towards him and most of DC's cast. What I do hate are the things he's done and strongly disagree with the ways the comic and some posters try to give him a free pass for it. Teddy isn't the victim.

The girls he's been taking advantage of and whatever poor schmuck he was gonna choose to sacrifice to Chloe - they're the victims. I'm not ignoring the damage Chloe's done to his family, but Teddy is hardly little orphan Annie. He's done his share of dirt.

MissMadness

Post by MissMadness »

You know what, I'm not going to go into this any more then I need too and please don't put words in my mouth assuming that I think Teddi is innocent. Teddi and Chloe shouldn't have met is all I have to say then we wouldn't have this mess of a comic and I wouldn't be here trying to talk to any of you point.

If you saw what I said before this edit, oh well it's already out there. I'm just done

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@MissMadness: Yes, I saw your other post and no worries. I actually got a chuckle of it, in a good way.

All I'll say at this point is, I neither like, or hate Teddy. And no hard feelings.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

This is hardly the most critical comic forum - you should have see the "Red String" forum near the end of that story, after the author had set up the typical boy meets girl; boy loses girl; boy gets girl story (where the whole point of the story was how fate led to such relationships) - and then decided that she would rather have her heroine marry somebody else.

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

@Fluffy, I could see reading a little while after one started hating a comic, and I can understand reading now that the comic is almost over anyway, but it seems a little odd to spend three years and over half of the comic's length reading it mostly due to commitment or habit.... I guess that I waste time a lot on YouTube videos so, eh *shrugs*, I can't exactly pretend that I'm precious with how I spend my time. I do wonder how long some people would read this series while hating it based on liking the first volume: five years? Ten years?
------
If we're gonna spend this update assigning blame for various things, Chloe breaking up the date with Triana likely extended the contract, and it didn't help her story that Chloe refused to even consider sleeping with an angel to save her own life and remove the risk of her savagely murdering Teddy.

I don't entirely hold it against Teddy that becoming permanently part succubi (against his will) made him into a nymphomaniac... I do have some complaints over that plot strand being for nothing though. Even dark Ted's more recent sexcapades with the jocks was apparently for nothing, because Teddy still deemed that he needed to ascend to be powerful enough to sleep with Chloe...

Soo... did Chloe sleep with mindless slave Ted... Or maybe the 50/50 gender split is throwing things off so Chloe isn't going nuts over being around Teddy?

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

ven wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:32 am
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:24 am
'I'm not his girlfriend; you are!'

...oh, bullsh*t! :-Q

And that's all I got to say about this joke of an update.
I agree

It's like magic chicks all over again, started with a good idea, over the course of the story some stuff worked, some stuff tanked and at the end, we get something really stupid and annoying.

The last person Teddy should end up with is Chloe, then again the last person Zii should end up with is Didi, the last person anyone should end up with is Matt and...ah this is such a lost cause.
So what you're saying is that Chloe should end up with Matt and Pandora should end up with a red hot bundle of razor wire?

Onyx

Post by Onyx »

So how long has passed between Chloe clapping the collar on Teddy and now? If what I've read is right, Chloe's cast some kind of spell that made Teddy an afterthought or rumour that sounds like it's taken time to set in.

sparky

Post by sparky »

Onyx wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:15 pm
So how long has passed between Chloe clapping the collar on Teddy and now? If what I've read is right, Chloe's cast some kind of spell that made Teddy an afterthought or rumour that sounds like it's taken time to set in.
Maybe they are in one of those places in Hell that time moves slowly in. She said something about that at some point, I just don't remember where since it was ages ago. I think Teddy was still totally male at that point.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

sparky wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:36 pm
Onyx wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:15 pm
Maybe they are in one of those places in Hell that time moves slowly in. She said something about that at some point, I just don't remember where since it was ages ago. I think Teddy was still totally male at that point.
Yeah, happened in the second chapter (Chloe considers this when Jacqui mentions Chloe has changed quite a bit in the span of a few months).

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

That would be time moving faster in Hell, wouldn't it?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Yup, it would be.

But the point is that time moves differently between the mortal plain and Hell; and while Chloe thinks a tremendous amount of time has passed, it really hasn't been anywhere near as long as she seems to think.