Dangerously Chloe 21-02-19 Doing God Stuff

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Error of Logic

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-02-19 Doing God Stuff

Post by Error of Logic »

*facepalm* Annnnd Chloe's managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. =_=

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

What’s missing are about three strips between the last one and this one, demonstrating Ted getting drunk on godly power, and why that’s bad, and why Chloe ultimately chooses to put a stop to it. We got to “omg God Ted is out of control!” too fast, feels rushed.

(See? I can have criticisms too!)

What surprises me is the number of people here who seem to think Chloe would want Ilsa dead. Why would she want to let Ted kill her teacher? Or anyone for that matter?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:36 pm
What’s missing are about three strips between the last one and this one, demonstrating Ted getting drunk on godly power, and why that’s bad, and why Chloe ultimately chooses to put a stop to it. We got to “omg God Ted is out of control!” too fast, feels rushed.
That and why Teddy immediately resorted to attempted murder?

Or how is it that combining succubus blood with a reaper's and an angel results in creating a deity? What if someone swapped any of 'em out and substituted it with vampire or werewolf blood? :-\

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

lordoffiling wrote:

What surprises me is the number of people here who seem to think Chloe would want Ilsa dead. Why would she want to let Ted kill her teacher? Or anyone for that matter?
It's not like she's been all that nice to Chloe and Chloe is scared of her.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:23 pm
lordoffiling wrote:

She’s a tough teacher but hasn’t actually done anything that rises to the level of Chloe desiring her death. Not even close.

*Ted* might not have a problem with killing her after she mutilated his little sister, but not Chloe.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

dmra

Post by dmra »

Let's be fair. Teddy is killing somebody because they said "no" to him and he thinks it's OK because he can just create a more compliant version of them afterwards.

I wonder why somebody might think he needs stopping.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:23 pm
Actually, Slash Stab has been insanely nice to her - closest that she hadn't been to cruel was when she was tempting Abby with a contract that would take Chloe's breasts and put them on Abby (something Chloe herself had been willing to do).

Other than that, Ilsa has been as close to a strict disciplinarian mother as can be expected in this comic.
lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:53 pm
*Ted* might not have a problem with killing her after she mutilated his little sister, but not Chloe.

Correction - Teddy thinks Ilsa is the cause of Abby's new form. But Ilsa didn't mutilate Abby - Abby did that to herself when she injected herself with succubus blood in the hopes of turning out like Teddy/Chloe (blond and busty).
Last edited by Fluffy on Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

dmra wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:11 pm
Let's be fair. Teddy is killing somebody because they said "no" to him and he thinks it's OK because he can just create a more compliant version of them afterwards.

I wonder why somebody might think he needs stopping.
Ilsa has gone out of her way to ruin Teddy's life.

She gave Chloe the sole task of tormenting him.

It may have been Chloe that accidentally caused his parents to divorce, b7t Ilsa was the one who forbade her to fix it.

Ilsa also manipulated his baby sister and turned her into a demon with no idea how to control her powers.

Teddy has every reason to want Ilsa dead, and frankly, he deserves a bit of revenge after all she's put him through.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:58 pm
Ilsa has gone out of her way to ruin Teddy's life.
Since when? She wasn't the one behind the demonic pact Teddy made to score himself a girlfriend.
She gave Chloe the sole task of tormenting him.
No, she hadn't. She genuinely believed Chloe was trying to make Teddy's life Hell on her own and gave her student carte blanche, as a result of this assumption.
It may have been Chloe that accidentally caused his parents to divorce, b7t Ilsa was the one who forbade her to fix it.
When did that happen? The most she did was interrupt Chloe before she had a chance to make things right (I doubt she had idea Chloe was planning to fix things before scolding her for time hopping).
Ilsa also manipulated his baby sister and turned her into a demon with no idea how to control her powers.
No - she didn't. That's all on Abby. The most Ilsa did was unlock all the powers that Abby now held (instead of having to wait for them to come naturally) and the opportunity to attend Tartarus U. Abby didn't even sign her soul away, in that offer.
Teddy has every reason to want Ilsa dead, and frankly, he deserves a bit of revenge after all she's put him through.
He blames Ilsa for all the problems in his life that he caused himself. Teddy has zero reason to do what he's doing.

dmra

Post by dmra »

@Fluffy
thanks for answering those it'll save me a lot of time.

Just one last thing I'd say on the whole Teddy is justified in killing Ilsa thing.

Now that Teddy has all these divine powers - including the right to create better versions of people he doesn't like - why doesn't he just destroy the contract himself? Still gets revenge on Ilsa by frustrating some of her plans, still gets Abby off the hook for whatever price she paid in the contract and all without him indulging in some kind of egoistic power trip which just so happens to involve killing everybody who doesn't obey his every word.

Maybe next time Chloe, Pandora or Abby (all of whom have done things to make his life worse) piss him off he'll have a go at "improving" them too.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:53 pm
[

She’s a tough teacher but hasn’t actually done anything that rises to the level of Chloe desiring her death. Not even close.

We've seen her torture her students with a smile on her face and she manipulated a child.
dmra wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:11 pm
No, he's killing someone who is pure evil and deserves to be offed.

Killing demons isn't a sin.
Last edited by Cortez on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

All fair points, i suppose. I remembered a lot of those points incorrectly, as i almost never re read this comic. Frankly, i just hate Ilsa and was happy to see her suffer. But, reading the comic again, i agree that Teddy was too quick to go into 'a god am I' territory. Perhaps a comic with him torturing Ilsa a bit and getting frustrated by her refusal to cooperate. Then at least, his willingness to kill her would make more sense.

dmra

Post by dmra »

[/quote]

Killing demons isn't a sin.
[/quote]

So there'd be no problem if he killed Chloe, Pandora or Abby who are all currently demons? And presumably you think that Tandy and Gabrielle were justified in trying to behead Chloe.

And does it make any difference that Teddy appears to be planning to resurrect Ilsa after torturing her and killing her?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Cortez wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:59 am
We've seen her torture her students with a smile on her face and she manipulated a child.
The closest thing to torture was that itchy sweater. Everything else, though incredibly squicky (really hate having to think back on the most recent one :ymsick: ), didn't seem to have the students complaining/bemoaning their fate.

In their Hellish dimension - pain is play.

Ilsa also wasn't exactly twisting Abby's arm to sign that contract. The most she did was sweeten the pot by offering extra goodies so Abby would be less likely to change her mind about being a succubus - something Abby desperately wanted at that point.
Cortez wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:59 am
But this demon - literally - didn't do anything to him to deserve being killed for it. Teddy is killing her because he blames her for Abby's current situation. Would he be out to kill her if he knew how things had actually gone down?

MissMadness

Post by MissMadness »

For a person that just turned into a god, how Ted reacted was mostly normal infact, it was honestly nicer then what most gods would do.

But to be serious, this strip really falls flat for more reason then nomral. Cause I really feel like this is a call back to Doom panties with Chloe on the savior side of issue, but with little to no proper build up to get going and what build up it had goes out with a whimper.
Fluffy wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:26 am

Ilsa also wasn't exactly twisting Abby's arm to sign that contract. The most she did was sweeten the pot by offering extra goodies so Abby would be less likely to change her mind about being a succubus - something Abby desperately wanted at that point.
Also the point of a lot of demonic contracts (or contracts in general) is the rewards always seem to outweight the cons because no one reads the fine print. It's part of the who temptations of evil thing. Which children are really really weak against and Abby is dumb as all shit.

But more to the point and I will be honest. No Ilsa is the match the lit the fire that ruined Teddy's life, Chloe started the fire and teddies own actions made it worst but you really can't deny if Slash and Stab wasn't involved. We probably wouldn't have this story in the first place.

In the perceptive of teenage god who focused on Chloe and Abby, she given them more then enough reason to kill her. No one is the right here, Ilsa was just doing her job as Hell-spawn and Teddy is again, a god now. Gods don't need much justification to just off someone in general anyway especially newly born ones.