Dangerously Chloe 14-02-19 Need to Get Out

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

FuzzyFace

Re: Dangerously Chloe 14-02-19 Need to Get Out

Post by FuzzyFace »

Of course, the whole "being a god" thing is likely not in keeping with most religions anyway...

Ordra

Post by Ordra »

Well, before this was going to be so catastrophic that it was going to cause tens of thousands of deaths.

Either they got enough control over themselves that that isn't a factor anymore, or their apotheosis is going to nuke Hell.

meps98

Post by meps98 »

Zellgato wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:48 am
brasca wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Considering the only other succubi he's met aside from Chloe is Ilsa, Pandora, and Torrid I don't think he has a very positive impresion of them and why should he? They're all quite terrible. I can at least give vampires like Layla a pass since she doesn't actually kill the people she drinks from, but succubi are all about sucking the life out of people and ultimately dragging souls to Hell. Even if Teddy dies in the process he's likely to get a ticket out of there since nuking Hell seems like something that would score a lot of points in God's book.
While true. It is a bit.... I dunno. beyond what I would expect from normal Ted to up and want to nuke and murder anyone-good or evil. Though with the sister in the mix it certainly is possible. More so with the whole dark/light adjusted ted/di
Hmm i'm not sure that would be a get out of jail card.. it is alos suicide. Depending on defintions and religion sect anyway. So not sure that would be an auto ticket. Plus the whole not actually human anymore probably is asomething
Teddi did warn Slash/Stab and gave her the option of avoiding conflict. She wasn't specific about the potential response should they not be allowed to leave peacefully, perhaps because she wasn't exactly sure herself of the end game. Slash/Stab made her choice. We'll eventually see the results.

Balancer

Post by Balancer »

To all the people saying Teddy is going to nuke hell or Slash'n stab is going to try and kill him/them, come on be real this comic isn't anywhere near the right genre. Remember this is a comic a comedic/fan service vehicle, not berserk or warhammer.

The writers aren't interested in going down that road and ignore the darker implications of their own work to focus on the lighter side of things, because I suspect that's not the story they're interested in telling. My personal gripes aside with the quality of the writing we can all see the rails by now, I'd wager that Slash'n Stab going all undertaker on Teddy is about as violent as it's going to get.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

As dark as the Teds nuking Hell would certainly be, at least something INTERESTING would be happening. I know that's a low bar to set but this comic is an argument for setting low expectations in any context.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Dangeriously Chloe, and the other "magic" stories up to this point, all are relative shades of dark. Chloe, I would argue, is the darkest (but I haven't touched one series yet.. the witch one? ) that I know of. Threats of death, thematically dark resolutions to sexual misadventures, torn apart families, forever altering of a middleschooler?'s life. OD near death. Underaged striper. forced out of his/her own home child. Replaced by another-who his family seemed to enjoy that version of ted more.
It isn't hard dark but it certainly isn't fluffy light. Its just a dark story told with fluffy emphasis.

Sure. not direct on camera permi deaths.. But honestly nuking hell, or the Instructer gutting Ted/di, wouldn't be that much of an extra step. Likely neither would result in anything long term though. Arguably, most of hell would respawn in some fashion, ghost form or reformed. Or hell has a reset effect as its a cosmic balance thing. Ted/di could be killed but not die, because of the power and that would also be a method to effectively reset the power balance/story element. Resulting in not cosmic powers, but an unkillable body.

Though, in most liklihood. They'll have the flash, and nothing, later Chloe coming to tell them they can't find Ted/di. and flash forward a small bit of time, he'll show up after having had a chat with god/devil/whatever.
=============

regardless of whatever path it takes. I enjoy all the series up on pixietrixcomix. Its a facet of webcomics for there to be slower or "feels too long" arcs. Which makes reading harder. Just how release schedules go.
Reading it all again, it smooths out a bit better,depending on your individual taste for story elements.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Zellgato wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:26 pm
Dangeriously Chloe, and the other "magic" stories up to this point, all are relative shades of dark. Chloe, I would argue, is the darkest (but I haven't touched one series yet.. the witch one? ) that I know of.
That's 'Magick Chicks'.

On that note: MC is still the darkest of the three (and the most ambitious one in terms of narrative and plot/character development). I won't spoil anything in case you decide to read it. Suffice to say, that one garnered lots of forum discussion during its run and it still does, every now and then.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Gotoh wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:10 pm

That's 'Magick Chicks'.

On that note: MC is still the darkest of the three (and the most ambitious one in terms of narrative and plot/character development). I won't spoil anything in case you decide to read it. Suffice to say, that one garnered lots of forum discussion during its run and it still does, every now and then.
It certainly is on my list. It is just a matter of finding the time to read it in chunks compared to opening a bookmark nightly of 1w ongoing upkeep comics.