Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

brasca

Re: Dangerously Chloe 7-02-19 A Bad Idea

Post by brasca »

Zellgato wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:22 am
....So. Question.
Did I miss some detail somewhere about Chloe being absurdly and astronomically powerful? WHy exacly does Ted need to ascend in order to bed her?
Didn't they state it was basically only humans who would absolutly die? Swear he was told (and another reader mentioned recently) that incubi could survive it, just less than enjoyable.
Also.. subcoinciously prepping. So he just randomly knows that? That seems unlikely.

I'm really thinking Dark Ted is using Chloe as an excuse to gather power. Teddi seems invested in helping but Dark Ted just seems like a power grab.
I hope it ends up being all a damn Ego Trip for Ted. He was a normal idiot, and randomly he became wanted, and then he became the "traget hero/ine" in his own story. And, by all reckoning I have, seems to act more to preserve his own wanted narritive than anything else. Mostly doesn't seem intentional, but it seems to be the driving influence to me, more than any potential romantic inclination for Chloe. Feel like the Dark Ted is just a stronger manifestation of that, wanting all the control, all the power, and wanting his outcome, not anyone else's opinions involved. Light Teddi, acts, thinks, and tends to speak, far more like the original Ted. Original Ted who hadn't dealt with things.

I honestly sort of want Dark Ted to be a driving problem force. ALl his balled up negative emotions or something spawning Dark Ted. Would be a nice way of explaining various oddities.
Though if they did that, it would sort of revert to "angels good devil bad" Which while a norm in concept. The comic is built on a central point of how supernatural creatures are neither really good nor evil. It is more a learned culture thing. So it would seem odd to just make Evil = creating dark ted.
It seems odd that a demon who was captured by 2 students from Artemis Academy who lack super powers could be so lethal, but her power may increase exponentially when she’s horny.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

brasca wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:55 am
It seems odd that a demon who was captured by 2 students from Artemis Academy who lack super powers could be so lethal, but her power may increase exponentially when she’s horny.
That was established some time ago - that virgin succubi become so passionate their first few times that they kill their partners, if they are human.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Yep. Humans are killed 100% of the time, save for possibly men of legend, demigods or some such. But that may just be a myth according to Pandora.

Fully supernatural creatures, such as demons and angels, can survive. But even they evidently risk some severe maiming, in places they really don’t want to get maimed.

The strong implication is that a virgin succubus is a pretty unstoppable force. You’d need... Well, you need what Ted is doing.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well, not maimed as such. They do heal up afterward. But the memories linger…

And I imagine they especially linger if they manage to fertilize the succubus in question and she passes her little gut-burster on to them.
Even if you can reliably survive and heal from such an experience, you'd probably not want to risk it.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:39 am
Or Teddy's surprise when it's revealed what Abby signed away on that contract (we still have yet to find out what that was. Maybe Slash Stab had assumed something was up and arranged a fail safe).
You just reminded me of a scene from 8bit theater.
Black Mage had just been killed, but a dark projection of him returns. He explains he's usurped the King of Hell and is now nigh-omnipotent.
Thief suggests that all the contracts he tricked Black Mage into signing -- as well as all the ones on which he forged BM's signature -- still apply, meaning he can now order the new King of Hell around.
BM: "An argument could be made that that's true. On the other hand, I could just use my boundless evil power to make myself exempt from all mortal law, like so."
*lame sound effect*
Thief: "Ah. I see. In that case, I'll be over here, focusing on not drawing your ire."
BM: "You do that."

It'd be great if ascended Teddi/y did something like that to Slash-Stab by making Abby immune to infernal law, preferably by vaporizing the contract while she's still holding it.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:40 pm

Even if you can reliably survive and heal from such an experience, you'd probably not want to risk it.
I mean.. Isn't he currently risking entirely winking out of existence, and or killing Chloe, his Sister, his new GF, his new mom (doubt he'd mind much), 2 angel (sorta friends), 2 random girls he was going to hook up, and most if not all of hell (probably doesn't mind but I assume would have serious ramifications that would affect his family).
The angel gal basically said he was going to nuke the entire state during the attempt ascension thing. I assume that Dark Ted has been consuming and stockpiling energy with the intention of using it to... not explode? but that is literal guess work estimations on his part. about powers he hasn't a real clue about. (as evidenced by both versions of Ted/di being surprised about various power reveals)

I feel like having the memory, of a seriously horrible painful first time might be less of a risk over all than.. not existing or murdering the two folks they supposedly want to rescue

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I was referring to angels and demons in general being unwilling to have carnal dealings with a virgin succubus in the post you quoted (and snipped), not to Teddy or the current storyline in particular.

Ophidiophile

Post by Ophidiophile »

Oh, great. Now there's going to be four of them. You may have noticed that plans never seem to go right with this group. There'll be an incubus for Chloe, a human male for Naomi, a female angel for Pru, and a human female for...everyone else?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

For Alchemy, perhaps, who has had Teddi identify their male side as her boyfriend.

But I think a fusion is more likely than a fission.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Ophidiophile wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:27 pm
Oh, great. Now there's going to be four of them. You may have noticed that plans never seem to go right with this group. There'll be an incubus for Chloe, a human male for Naomi, a female angel for Pru, and a human female for...everyone else?
For Pru? All she wants is cake Charity is the one who’d tap Angel Teddi.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:02 pm
Yep. Humans are killed 100% of the time, save for possibly men of legend, demigods or some such. But that may just be a myth according to Pandora.
I'd find it unlikely to be just a myth, given there's been solid evidence that humans can become abnormally powerful and resilient.
lordoffilling wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:02 pm
The strong implication is that a virgin succubus is a pretty unstoppable force.
Not necessarily. It sounds more they simply lack proper control of themselves when they first have sex. You wouldn't call a feral cat "unstoppable", would you?

dmra

Post by dmra »

On the resilient point Ash was meant to be a source of energy and to be fed on. http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/Football_field

We've seen Chloe "eat" before so feeding and having sex aren't necessarily one and the same thing. How he would have coped with a crazed succubi trying to tear him apart is obviously hypothetical but since he didn't exactly perform too well against Brooke I wouldn't rate his chances of being "legendary" too high.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:00 am
On the resilient point Ash was meant to be a source of energy and to be fed on.

We've seen Chloe "eat" before so feeding and having sex aren't necessarily one and the same thing. How he would have coped with a crazed succubi trying to tear him apart is obviously hypothetical but since he didn't exactly perform too well against Brooke I wouldn't rate his chances of being "legendary" too high.
According to Chloe, Ash should've been dead. Which is why she had Cess buy a shovel, so they could hide the body after they were done with him. Yet, not only was he still breathing, he wasn't even winded and said it was nothing a couple of burgers couldn't fix.

There's also a huge difference between fighting and bedding someone. Ash only lost to Brooke because he didn't realize what he was up against until it was too late. But he was adapting to her quickly, which made Brooke wonder why she suddenly couldn't touch him anymore.

As for the actual fight, he did alright for himself, to say it was his first time against a cryptid.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Ash was doing OK when he was fighting Brooke in her human form. Once she switched it didn't go quite so well. Or at least I'm not sure that requiring CPR because you've stopped breathing is doing "alright" but your opinion may differ. http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/Do ... _breathing

The point about feeding versus sex is that Ash had more than enough energy to survive being drained by a succubus but that's a lot different from being physically attacked by one while you're having sex with them. When he came across a proper "monster" it didn't work out that well for him even though he thought he knew what he was doing. I could see him bringing that same arrogance to an offer to help Chloe only for it to turn out just as badly for him as picking a fight with Brooke did.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

dmra wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:30 am
Ash was doing OK when he was fighting Brooke in her human form. Once she switched it didn't go quite so well. Or at least I'm not sure that requiring CPR because you've stopped breathing is doing "alright" but your opinion may differ. http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/Do ... _breathing

The point about feeding versus sex is that Ash had more than enough energy to survive being drained by a succubus but that's a lot different from being physically attacked by one while you're having sex with them.
Not to mention that Cessily and Laura weren't succubi proper - but magically imbued ones (outside of larger breasts and elemental wings and horns; they really had no other succubi attributes to them); so, they may not have fed as much off of Ash's essence as a full blow succubus (like Chloe) would have; which would explain why Ash would have survived the makeout/feeding frenzy encounter as well as he had.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.