Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fluffy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 31-01-19 Nothing Left to Say

Post by Fluffy »

Mordhaus wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:47 am
All aboard! Next stop, Bone town!
Which is all kinds of squick, when you think about it (considering Teddy's other half can feel everything her male counterpart feels - and is currently in the other room with an audience that includes their baby sister).

Let the probable outcome sink in. :ymsick:
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Balancer

Post by Balancer »

:YMDAYDREAM:
Valkog wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:14 pm
"Chloe, look at how deformed I am. Does this look like the torso of a reasonable man?"
Thank you, thus gave me the chuckle I needed after reading the comic.

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

I find it just hilarious that the Succubus is a virgin and the MC has slept with nearly everybody, male and female, in this strip. As for everybody dissing on the last panel, I see his face as exhausted yet relieved. Not feeling the same vibes as you guys.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'll at least acknowledge Chloe seems to have gotten the idea through her thick skull that Hell is NOT a safe place for Abby, no matter what the little idiot thinks herself.

If Chloe and Ted do have sex, it'd hurt Naomi's feelings at the very least, and she's currently one of the more likeable characters in this comic... To me, anyway. YMMV.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Derfman wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:34 am
I see his face as exhausted yet relieved. Not feeling the same vibes as you guys.
I'm glad one of us can read something out of Ted's weird, gawp-eyed stare. That's not sarcasm, either. I have no idea what emotion he's meant to be expressing, and him standing there like a complete goober isn't helping.

Not that I'm complaining, of course. That pose and face are hilarious and exploitable.
**== **== **== **==

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Nah, probably wouldn’t do much more than annoy Naomi a little.

She knows the whole story at this point, and she is no stranger herself to this weird supernatural sex stuff. She has bedded mermaids and suckled at the tip of her own enormous penor. She understands.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Derfman wrote:
I find it just hilarious that the Succubus is a virgin and the MC has slept with nearly everybody, male and female, in this strip. As for everybody dissing on the last panel, I see his face as exhausted yet relieved. Not feeling the same vibes as you guys.
He's not even looking at Chloe - the one he busted that window open to get to. It honestly looks like he's observing the shocked lines coming out of her head instead of her face. His frame doesn't reflect exhaustion; and no, the sweaty chest /shoulders don't count (why would those be the parts that sweat and not his face? You know, the thing that would no doubt strain as he pried open padlocked steel bars. And what is with those legs? They look like they're melting.

Seriously, he looks like dimwitted meathead confused as to where he's found himself.

If he's meant to be bravely standing there, willing to face certain death by deflowering Chloe, the artist failed to express it properly.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I've thought on this.

Teddy has a girlfriend now, however, what we have here is Teddy still trying to save Chloe.

Save Chloe from what? From killing her first time of course.

If we go with the idea that Chloe really doesn't want to kill people, she needs someone who can survive her first time, since after the first time, she's supposed to be able to control herself.

Also, agreed. Teddy's face looks dumb in the last panel.

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:49 pm
Derfman wrote:
He's not even looking at Chloe - the one he busted that window open to get to. It honestly looks like he's observing the shocked lines coming out of her head instead of her face. His frame doesn't reflect exhaustion; and no, the sweaty chest /shoulders don't count (why would those be the parts that sweat and not his face? You know, the thing that would no doubt strain as he pried open padlocked steel bars. And what is with those legs? They look like they're melting.

Seriously, he looks like dimwitted meathead confused as to where he's found himself.

If he's meant to be bravely standing there, willing to face certain death by deflowering Chloe, the artist failed to express it properly.
I'm going to guess that you are an amateur artist. Last time I checked this is a bi-weekly comic, not high art. Save the critique for your art classes please.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

And yet, other bi-weekly comics artists manage...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:13 pm
Mordhaus wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:47 am
All aboard! Next stop, Bone town!
Which is all kinds of squick, when you think about it (considering Teddy's other half can feel everything her male counterpart feels - and is currently in the other room with an audience that includes their baby sister).

Let the probable outcome sink in. :ymsick:

One thing I learned about this comic near the beginning is just to not think too hard about the weirdness. Ninety percent of the plot has either been retconned or just thrown out the window. The protagonists have almost nothing in common with what they were supposed to be. Sex changes abound and more, ad-nauseam. If you put too much thought into what is actually going on in this thing, you suddenly start to realize that what was supposed to be a comic about a 'normie' accidentally roped into a contract with a succubus has basically become a rehash of the Ace story line mixed with the evil panties bit involving Chloe from Eerie Cuties. Toss in the godhood bit from Magick Chicks and you have a steaming pile of reheated leftovers.

I basically read this to see what stupid, f-ed up thing they are going to do to Teddy next, the rest of the stuff is background noise. Heck, let his sis grow up a bit and I bet we will see some wacko plot where she wants to bang him or vice versa.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Derfman wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:11 am
I'm going to guess that you are an amateur artist. Last time I checked this is a bi-weekly comic, not high art. Save the critique for your art classes please.
Or put it another way because it's not "high art" we shouldn't pay the artist the respect of commenting when they've got something wrong. Just out of interest how do you think they're going to improve if nobody says "that bit wasn't good" or "might be better if"?

And it's not as though they have to listen to what anybody says.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Speaking of squicky ramifications of Teddy and Chloe doing the deed... isn't her own succubus blood one of the ingredients of Teddy's and Teddi's cocktail?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Derfman wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:11 am
I may not be a comic artist, but I've been doing commissioned artwork for the last 18 years (largely consisting of erotica content), so I have a fair idea on how a body should look; but, thanks for the assuming I'm talking out of my ass. 8-|

And just because these are comic strips and not 'high art' doesn't mean it's immune to criticism. Any form of media that is presented to a broad audience is open to criticism - including this comic. If the artist can't handle hearing anything but praise for their work, they're in the wrong kind of business.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:40 am
Save Chloe from what? From killing her first time of course.

If we go with the idea that Chloe really doesn't want to kill people, she needs someone who can survive her first time, since after the first time, she's supposed to be able to control herself.
It takes takes more than one time before a virgin succubus learns how to control themselves, which is why they get sent to our world to get a few "practice corpses" under their belts.