Dangerously Chloe 24-12-18 My Special Sausages

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Cortez

Re: Dangerously Chloe 24-12-18 My Special Sausages

Post by Cortez »

FuzzyFace wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:38 am
What will this do to Naomi's "it was aliens" explanation?
Nothing, she's been in hell before.

dmra

Post by dmra »

rpr

Post by rpr »

BioYuGi wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:19 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:35 am
Prudence apparently cares about Abby more than her actual brother/sister. I don't dispute it happening, but I cannot remember when or for how long Prudence and Abby actually met; ...
Yeah geez I literally can't remember them ever interacting.
I remember an arc where they left with Abby saying "see you again when you are around" and Prudence "I am not supposed to mingle with mortals, but... I will be glad to" (citing by memory, but the feeling was this). Too lazy to search for the strip right now...

brasca

Post by brasca »

rpr wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:15 am
BioYuGi wrote:
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Prudence apparently cares about Abby more than her actual brother/sister. I don't dispute it happening, but I cannot remember when or for how long Prudence and Abby actually met; ...
I remember an arc where they left with Abby saying "see you again when you are around" and Prudence "I am not supposed to mingle with mortals, but... I will be glad to" (citing by memory, but the feeling was this). Too lazy to search for the strip right now...
Don’t forget Abby’s rescue mission to heaven when she thought Prudence was in trouble. It ultimately accomplished nothing, but it’s the thought that counts.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

MrsKytro wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:48 am

She's not a jealous person, I can dig that
She isn't? This is the same girl who pulled out an angelic sword in an attempt to beat up (kill?) Gabrielle after catching her with Teddi so many chapters ago (which also implies Naomi was starting to develop interest in Teddi way back when).

Now we're supposed to buy the fact that she's super cool with - not one - but two strippers fighting over Teddy, right in front of her? Even with knowing what kind of screwy life Teddy/i (as well as herself) has been leading this entire time; her lack of reaction to two women fighting over the guy she sees as her boyfriend is rather baffling.
brasca wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:11 am
And Teddy doesn’t look like he’s all that into them.
There's no indication what Teddy thinks of these two women in this strip - his sick expression is no doubt coming from how much food those two dunderheads have been shoveling down his gullet in a childish attempt to win his favor via food.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Naomi wanted to kill Gabrielle for having sex with Teddi in her own bed. It was just another outrage perpetrated by her foster sister not jealousy.

I just noticed Charity has her jacket zipped up. Good thing because if she’s going into battle against demons she’ll need to keep her cupcakes from spilling out. 😉

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

BioYuGi wrote:
How about the time Pandora turned Chloe into her own clone so that the angels would arrest Chloe instead of her?

Long arc starting around here

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

brasca wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:11 am
MrsKytro wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:48 am
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:25 am
Speaking of Naomi...what's up with her? There are two strippers hanging all over her 'boyfriend' and she says squat all about it?
She's not a jealous person, I can dig that
And Teddy doesn’t look like he’s all that into them. Naomi is a very observant girl and can see that as well as knowing about his crazy life.
If anything, he looks like he's having a severe case of indigestion.
brasca wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:19 pm
Naomi wanted to kill Gabrielle for having sex with Teddi in her own bed. It was just another outrage perpetrated by her foster sister not jealousy.

I just noticed Charity has her jacket zipped up. Good thing because if she’s going into battle against demons she’ll need to keep her cupcakes from spilling out. 😉
Don't forget this strip, where she accuses Gabrielle of "taking everything from her". That could be read as her having feelings for Teddy and being angry about that too.

ven

Post by ven »

Fluffy wrote:
Speaking of Naomi...what's up with her? There are two strippers hanging all over her 'boyfriend' and she says squat all about it?
He really looks annoyed about them, with all the crazy stuff happening to Ted I don't think two strippers feeding him breakfast is even worth blinking. As for the sausages...
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Prudence apparently cares about Abby more than her actual brother/sister.
No, but she knows how to get to hell, that's something Ted does not, and if he knew he could just ask one of the angels to beam him down there, he would have asked. You are really trying to hate the guy don't you?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

ven wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:56 am
Fluffy wrote:
He really looks annoyed about them, with all the crazy stuff happening to Ted I don't think two strippers feeding him breakfast is even worth blinking.
Take another gander at the strip - Teddy is holding his stomach and looks like he's about to be sick. Considering how much food has been prepared and how those two idiots keep trying to shovel more food into his mouth, it's pretty clear Teddy's been indulging them. (No, I'm not buying the fact that being so distraught over losing Chloe would rob him of the ability to say 'no' or 'stop').

So, yeah - Naomi has been sitting there, unperturbed, as two (presumably sexy) strippers are fighting over her 'boyfriend'; and he's done nothing to stop either of them.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Fluffy wrote:
Remember, she understands a lot of what's happening, in the sense that she's gone through similar things. So easily explained away as her realizing Teddy can't stop it right now.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Hey, crazy thought: Maybe this comic should have been about Naomi and Prudence. Frankly they're far more likable and interesting than any of our would-be lead characters as is. Maybe we could have seen some of those "adventures" she had off-screen; they sound far more interesting than the existing plot.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, y'all!

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Crazy thought: If the comic was about Naomi and Prudence, you could be complaining about them right now.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Actually, that's probably true, a lot of people here probably would - but not for quite the reason you imply.

Coming up with cool ideas for comics and stories is relatively easy; the difficult thing is actually writing and completing them without messing up. Look how many movies and TV series have great one-paragraph descriptions but are actually a bit pants. So a one-paragraph teaser for "Dangerously Chloe" that doesn't actually tell any lies could surely be made to sound great, and an insufficiently engaged writer could doubtless bollix up "The Adventures of Naomi and Prudence". It may be just as well that we'll never see it.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:37 pm
Crazy thought: If the comic was about Naomi and Prudence, you could be complaining about them right now.
Probably. That being said I’d still like to see it.