Dangerously Chloe 6-12-18 You Really Hurt Her

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fluffy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 6-12-18 You Really Hurt Her

Post by Fluffy »

I'm going to guess 'no'. The writer has been trying hard to make Teddy/i come off as a well meaning individual going to great lengths to save his succubus 'girlfriend', and he was simply oblivious to the fact that how he was going about doing that was - by and large - wrong (so he'd get out of an eternity in Hell due to plausible deniability). Or, he was well aware that everything he was doing was wrong - but, the ends justified the means, as everything he did was for the benefit of someone he (supposedly) cared about; so he'd get a 'Get out of Hell free!' card because he was doing it out of 'twu wuv' - even at personal risk to himself.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Udyr

Post by Udyr »

Hmm im just wondering....Shouldnt Chloe be happy the contract is broken, the fact Teddy now is free from being damned to hell in the first place?
:-?
Its been some heavy hints on Chloe not liking the idea of Teddy getting a girlfriend before, but the relationship buildup between them has been suffering a bit in between the arcs of saving her and the virginity issue...
If it was shown Chloe was trying to find a way to get around the problem to solve Teddys issues as well as her falling in love with him in the meantime of the story arcs,it would be easier to see her hurt right now as being logical, though, right now it all sounds like she's sad out of selfish reasons for him not wanting to die for her.
Then again, dont know if there's a part of the story that's not been shown to us yet... It could helped if there is an arc showing what Chloe has been up to the time she's been off the pages in the story.
eeeek!

dmra

Post by dmra »

I think Chloe's sadness is genuine and comes from a real sense that Teddy was her true love and that she realises now that he has found somebody else.
Which would be more impactful if we hadn't seen Teddy/i shagging almost every one in sight over the last three years of comic strips while barely mentioning her.

There was always a fatal flaw with the Chloe/Teddy love story which was that to avoid fulfilling the contract they had to find somebody else who genuinely cared for Teddy to be his girlfriend. So by definition somebody was going to get hurt. Either Chloe because Teddy found somebody else or the other girlfriend if Teddy dumped her for Chloe.

And as for Teddy being damned to Hell that would only happen if Chloe fulfilled the contract not if it was broken by somebody else. But Chloe lives in Hell and fantasised about having a future there with Teddy so it's clear to me that going to Hell doesn't have the same meaning of automatic Hellfire and damnation that it would normally have.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Udyr wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:57 am
Its been some heavy hints on Chloe not liking the idea of Teddy getting a girlfriend before, but the relationship buildup between them has been suffering a bit in between the arcs of saving her and the virginity issue...
Was there ever any buildup to begin with? The most I noticed was a strictly physical attraction - and that was largely from Chloe's side more so than it ever was on Teddy's (the only time we saw Teddy think of Chloe in a remotely sexual manner was when he imagined he and a naked Chloe pressed against one another as he told the girl posse off for getting on his case about stealing their boyfriends). Even the kiss he shared with her while trapped in Hell was so he could pick the lock on her collar, freeing her from Torrid's control.

But that was it - and it came out of nowhere. We're just supposed to assume he - somehow - fell in love with her after everything she put him through. The only logical explanation to that is - because of their spiritual link to one another, Chloe's lust for Teddy was affecting how he felt about her. It's also because of that spiritual connection that I believe there is no dark forced controlling Teddy while he sleeps - that it was merely Chloe's spiritual connection with him taking over his unconscious body and getting herself some much needed 'vitamins', as she was - quite literally - starving to death because Teddy/i was too distracted becoming a God and all to 'feed' her.
Then again, don't know if there's a part of the story that's not been shown to us yet... It could helped if there is an arc showing what Chloe has been up to the time she's been off the pages in the story.
We know what she had been up to - moping around the house, feeling sorry for herself; allowing herself to get sicker and sicker because she wanted Teddy to be the one to punch her V card; even though she knew full well she would easily kill him in the process and condemn him to Hell, as a result.
dmra wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:20 pm
And as for Teddy being damned to Hell that would only happen if Chloe fulfilled the contract not if it was broken by somebody else. But Chloe lives in Hell and fantasised about having a future there with Teddy so it's clear to me that going to Hell doesn't have the same meaning of automatic Hellfire and damnation that it would normally have.
By a succubi's POV, though. Chloe's from Hell - so, to her, it's just a normal life.

For Teddy - it would be Hell. We've seen what it would actually be like for him when Chloe brought him there while she was enslaved to Torrid; and it was far from pleasant.

leann123

Post by leann123 »

Anyone tired of Teddy being a giant slut?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I'd personally have no issue with his/her sexual promiscuity if it wasn't for the fact that the majority of his lovers are supernaturally drugged into wanting him/her.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:41 pm
dmra wrote:
By a succubi's POV, though. Chloe's from Hell - so, to her, it's just a normal life.

For Teddy - it would be Hell. We've seen what it would actually be like for him when Chloe brought him there while she was enslaved to Torrid; and it was far from pleasant.
Not sure how realistic Chloe's daydreaming was and it did involve hiding Teddy in cave but her view of their possible future was quite low on pitchforks and pretty high on domestic bliss.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... Sweet_Cave

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

But, again - that's Chloe romanticizing the situation. What Teddy experienced is the reality.

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

I'm sure someone has already said it, but DID I MISS SOMETHING HERE?

The ENTIRE plot of this comic was to figure out a way for them to safely remove the curse. Yes, it has been all over the place since then and the hope was to somehow find a way to work around the curse to help everyone, but the original point was simply to nix the damn thing. That has been accomplished, I'm sorry Chloe is butthurt over it.

I mean if we should feel sorry for anyone, it is the Teddy's. Let's sum up:

1. Cursed to death by snu-snu from succubus
2. Repeatedly pranked by other succubus, to the point where she 'lol' married his dad and became his mom (who he then had incestuous sex with).
3. Sent to hell, tortured, managed to overcome
4. turned into a female, left home, forced to strip for a living
5. Killed, brought back, has a relationship with a REAPER
6. Turned into a Janus style deity, sharing mental thoughts, one good and one a succubus style entity himself.
7. I wouldn't say forced into multiple gender sex, but definitely not really given a choice per se
8. Sister is TURNED INTO A SUCCUBUS

So now that we have a chance for him/her to move on and be somewhat normal, it is time for a poor-me pity party from Chloe. FTFY is all I can say. ~X(
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Sorry, the moment Teddy used the jocks to find the perfect boyfriend/sacrifice for Chloe (without so much as discussing his plans on how he was going to accomplish that with her) and took advantage of the girl posse in order to get more snu snu, I stopped feeling sorry for Teddy.

The only one I truly feel awful for in this entire story is Naomi; who, by the sounds of it, had it far worse than Teddy ever had (a manipulative foster sister who Naomi's parents clearly prefer over her, a young angel who keeps getting Naomi is very troubling/dangerous situations, and entire school who thinks she's a loon because she's the only one who seems to notice/questions the strange happenings that are occurring around them. Hell, she herself was forced into switching genders so she could consummate the wedding she was forced into with a mermaid - among other horrific experiences).

Absinthe Green

Post by Absinthe Green »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:04 pm
I'd personally have no issue with his/her sexual promiscuity if it wasn't for the fact that the majority of his lovers are supernaturally drugged into wanting him/her.
By that logic, anyone slapping on a splash of aftershave, eau de toilette - hell, anyone who knowingly employs a deodorizing crystal - is by definition instigating Date Rape.</Reductio Ad Absurdum>
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Absinthe Green wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:59 pm
Fluffy wrote:
By that logic, anyone slapping on a splash of aftershave, eau de toilette - hell, anyone who knowingly employs a deodorizing crystal - is by definition instigating Date Rape.</Reductio Ad Absurdum>
Not to mention that Teddi herself was altered by the succubi blood and as much a victim as her so-called victims.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Difference is that Teddy/i was in full control of his faculties and was very much well aware that the people they were sleeping with were under the succubus influence (i.e. - wouldn't give him the time of day without it) - but screwed them anyway, because better they screw him than some random stranger?

We've already had that 'debate' - there is no justification for Teddy/i taking advantage of what was - essentially - roofied individuals.
Absinthe Green wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:59 pm
Fluffy wrote:
That isn't even the same thing - not even close.

I don't even know how you could make that comparison, as perfume/deoderants/after shaves don't cause people to lust after someone they normally wouldn't find sexually attractive.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

dmra wrote:

Except in those fantasies they are living in hiding and she's assuming Teddy will be cool with that.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:16 pm
But, again - that's Chloe romanticizing the situation. What Teddy experienced is the reality.
Exactly!

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:15 pm
I don't even know how you could make that comparison, as perfume/deoderants/after shaves don't cause people to lust after someone they normally wouldn't find sexually attractive.
Are you saying that AXE doesn't work the way it does in the commercials? Now this discussion is starting to get out of hand.
**== **== **== **==