Dangerously Chloe 6-12-18 You Really Hurt Her

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 6-12-18 You Really Hurt Her

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Teddi rushes to the basement to check on Chloe only to find she has broken free of her chains and is now gone!

OllieOrOlly

Re: Dangerously Chloe 6-12-18 You Really Hurt Her

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I feel the expression, "too little, too late," only barely begins to describe the callous carelessness and apparent apathy of Teddi. It is actually quite amusing that the audience is presumably meant to sympathise with Teddi as they collapse in remorse in the final panel, as if she or he has ever done anything to counter (screw it) xir hedonism, arrogance, and failure to keep focus on what is xir supposed main goal of "saving Chloe."
It is almost hilarious that the Teds had a seemingly supernaturally induced blackout and it never occurred to them to check on the person with whom their spirits are linked. Hell, even if nothing peculiar had happened, it is impossible to care about the Ted's apparent strife when they don't bother to simply call to check on Chloe once and a while; but no, guess banging Al and going on superfluous spontaneous dates clearly matters more to the "hero."
A character can be flawed yet still sympathetic, but when they make the same mistakes repeatedly and never show a slightest true sense of insight nor proactive intent to become better, then that character is tedious at best and repulsive at worst; the fact that Ted seems incredulous at any of the consequences he/she wrought makes them that much more obnoxious.

Also, I think that "you really hurt her" has been said to Ted before, but that only made them make more dumb decisions without even considering they should consult with someone with actual knowledge.

For fans and people who get annoyed by nitpicking: completely necessary butt shot in second panel. Though, it is somewhat clouded by shadows, so it is hardly the most overt showing of tonally jarring fanservice.

An unrelated to the update amusement was seeing an ad for Slipshine in the Twitter feed. If perhaps, the comic went through that medium, rather than being forever stuck between two worlds, then perhaps it could've delivered on being relatively entertaining if simple smut?

brasca

Post by brasca »

I'm somewhat surprised that Teddi returned to the house instead of the hotel. It seemed more convenient than walking all that way home in vomit drenched clothes and I would've thought she'd notice something was amiss since I don't think there was time to shut the door when Abby went after Chloe. However, with all the craziness that usually goes on as well an inebriated angel to attend she probably never noticed.

I'm not entirely sure if Abby is speaking freely since she and Chloe are likely guests of Ilsa's after teleporting to hell and really don't have a choice about their stay. Perhaps that actually was Ilsa impersonating her since she has that ability. If not then the only reason I could look past this is youthful stupidity which we know she has in abundance. Teddi gets blamed for a lot of things, but the pact disappearing was purely by accident so neither Teddi nor Teddy have anything to be sorry about especially since Chloe was supposed to be finding a girlfriend for him until her need to lose her virginity took precedent.

Well I predict everyone is going to hell on a rescue mission which should be fun. Charity likely doesn't have the power to open a portal so they'll have to get Prudence which means Naomi is going to have a very memorable first date. I can also see Alchemy, Gabrielle, and Tandy tagging along since the more the merrier. Personally I think Teddy and Teddi should make the best of their godhood, but as much as I'd love the fanservice involved with that it would probably get dull.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Sorry for what? The plan was always to break his contract.

So if anything, she should apologize to him since she sabotaged his efforts when it seemed he would hook up with Triana.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Am I meant to feel bad for someone, here? If so, who and why? Nobody in this situation has a reason to be upset. Boo-hoo, the pact is gone, cry me a river. Waaaah, the title character isn't chained up in the basement anymore, call the police.

You know those videos of people scream-crying in a baby's face to mock them? That's basically my reaction to these buffoons.
**== **== **== **==

brasca

Post by brasca »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:28 am
Sorry for what? The plan was always to break his contract.

So if anything, she should apologize to him since she sabotaged his efforts when it seemed he would hook up with Triana.
Other than weeping at the realization the pact is broken we don't know how Chloe really feels. I'm fairly certain she's not happy, but perhaps when she gets over this she'll realize it's for the best since it really couldn't work out between them.

I still have a feeling this is Ilsa's ploy. After all the work Chloe has done I doubt she'd want Teddy's souls to escape like this so she's going to keep Abby and Chloe there knowing that Teddy will find a way to see her. Or she might appear to them to make the same offer as before with some new conditions.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

What? Yeah. He hurt the one who was trying to kill him. Pffft It's like people forget that very important fact. Her life was not only about killing him, she was trying to do so in her sleep.

Mesmer7

Post by Mesmer7 »

Actually, now that the pact is broken, Teddy and Chloe could have sex without him dying. So technically it could work out between them, if Chloe could get over the hurt.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

This response to the breaking of a contract which would have condemned Teddy/i to eternal torment lacks any trace of rationality.
Then again, given succubus biology, so did Chloe's desire to "save herself" for Teddy.

Tako

Post by Tako »

Abby keeps being an idiotic jerk... let her stay in Hell, she belongs there...

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:14 am
What? Yeah. He hurt the one who was trying to kill him. Pffft It's like people forget that very important fact. Her life was not only about killing him, she was trying to do so in her sleep.
Doesn't matter to them; Chloe's fee fees were hurt - that's more important than Teddy's life/soul being saved, apparently. 8-|

Teddy/i has been an insufferable jerk since his gender swap; so I don't feel in the least bit sorry for him - but I sure as Hell could care less about Chloe being upset over losing him, either.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

You know, given the amount of highly manipulative/exploitative sex Teddy/i has had over the past few months, it wouldn't surprise me if he/she ended up roasting in the fires of the afterlife even without the pact. At least Chloe has the excuse that as a sex demon, she abides by sex demon morals, whereas Teddy/i still has a human soul with the human morals that tend to go with it.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:23 am
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:14 am
Doesn't matter to them; Chloe's fee fees were hurt - that's more important than Teddy's life/soul being saved, apparently. 8-|

Teddy/i has been an insufferable jerk since his gender swap; so I don't feel in the least bit sorry for him - but I sure as Hell could care less about Chloe being upset over losing him, either.
Admittedly, I did forget the danger, or rather, disregarded it since it didn't seem to factor much into Teddy/i's loathesome activities; perhaps moving into a hotel, but sure as hell not the stripping nor endless cycle of ultimately nonconsensual screwing.

I think I misinterpreted Chloe's sadness - I thought maybe she thought the seal fading meant the "contract was fulfilled," thus meaning Ted had died or faced some sort of doom; even when that was the case, her sadness was hollow due to it being over that ass-hat Ted. However, if it is because she "lost" him, then she clearly hasn't been *reading* the same comic as us. Ahaha! Being freed from him and even him from her couldn't hurt; at the very least, there is no emotional investment nor narrative reason for them to be together as couple or at all, with her being an absentee in most of her own series (after she did accidentally ruin everything before being banished to off-panel land), and with him/her having the loyalty and focus of a rapid dog.
True, Romeo & Juliet began with Romeo lamenting over some recently lost love before he and Juliet discovered one another, but once they meet, Romeo doesn't go off to bang every other Capulet cousin and random associates of the Montague.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

DocMesa wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:56 am
You know, given the amount of highly manipulative/exploitative sex Teddy/i has had over the past few months, it wouldn't surprise me if he/she ended up roasting in the fires of the afterlife even without the pact. At least Chloe has the excuse that as a sex demon, she abides by sex demon morals, whereas Teddy/i still has a human soul with the human morals that tend to go with it.
I don't want to give credit to what is most likely laziness on the part of the writers, but devil's advocate (no pun intended), perhaps there is some intentional irony with a person accidentally getting damned to Hell and then through their actions to escape, eventually becomes more than deserving of being cast down to Hell.

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

That thought just occured to me as well after I typed that. Great minds, etc. Whether we actually see Teddy being turned into a pitchfork pinata remains to be seen, I guess.