Dangerously Chloe 6-12-18 You Really Hurt Her

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Devil Girl

Re: Dangerously Chloe 6-12-18 You Really Hurt Her

Post by Devil Girl »

Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:23 pm
Nnno, an evil shapeshifter would probably have been more efficient.
Maybe, but we would still at least be able to love our Chloe as we knew her...versus being stuck with this unlikable Bizarro Chloe who's behaviors and actions make completely zero sense.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

brasca wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:51 pm
Master of 7s wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:22 am
This strip literally makes no sense. What the hell does Teddy/i have to be sorry for? After the few months of comic time this story has taken place in, are we expected to believe that some kind of emotional bond has taken place?

The contract has been fulfilled despite Chloe's unyielding incompetence. There is no justification for this reaction other than lazy writing.
Teddi has done a lot to save Chloe’s life. Now if she was reacting this way about Pandora I would agree with this assessment.
Exactly. It may have to be a bit of the reader realizing it, more than just spelled out for us, but I thought they had something for each other. Maybe not meant to be for each other (I preferred Teddy with Al anyways) and hey, I don't like Abby at all either, but Teddy seems to have cared for Chloe imo.

brasca

Post by brasca »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:54 pm
brasca wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:51 pm
Master of 7s wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:22 am
This strip literally makes no sense. What the hell does Teddy/i have to be sorry for? After the few months of comic time this story has taken place in, are we expected to believe that some kind of emotional bond has taken place?

The contract has been fulfilled despite Chloe's unyielding incompetence. There is no justification for this reaction other than lazy writing.
Teddi has done a lot to save Chloe’s life. Now if she was reacting this way about Pandora I would agree with this assessment.
Exactly. It may have to be a bit of the reader realizing it, more than just spelled out for us, but I thought they had something for each other. Maybe not meant to be for each other (I preferred Teddy with Al anyways) and hey, I don't like Abby at all either, but Teddy seems to have cared for Chloe imo.
Thank you! It’s refreshing to have someone agree with me on this. And I also agree Teddy has more chemistry with Alchemy. But, I think he cares for Chloe like a surrogate sibling even if she’s been as unintentionally bad for him as Gabrielle has been for Naomi. He was willing to risk his life and soul to transform into this hybrid to save her life. A lesser man would let her starve which would cancel the pact.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

Devil Girl wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:15 pm
Geez, I adored Chloe, but she's become such of shell of the cute and clever (though yet to be street-smart) character from the beginning of the strip. The only thing that would make sense is the Chloe we see turned out to be an evil shape shifter the whole time, and the real one is shipped off somewhere moving on with her life (preferably back at the Eerie Cuties high school).
Omg, please don't talk about Original-Recipe!Chloe I miss her so much ToT The excitement was p high for me when this thing first started cause I love Chloe...now I'm like.....why is she just...moping....and not like...doing ANYthing to save her own life....

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:11 pm
A lesser man would let her starve which would cancel the pact.

He was starving her! The only way she was getting any energy at all was through that spiritual link they shared - feeding off the fumes of his sexual escapades. And Teddy had no way of knowing that was even a thing until Pandora filled him in on the fact. And,even then, they were the equivalent of vitamin supplements - not a proper meal.

If Teddy truly gave a damn about her well being, he would have been encouraging her to find some poor schmucks to fornicate with while they worked on breaking the contract together (which would have provided them ample opportunity to develop a close friendship/possible romantic attraction that would explain their mutual loss in this last update). But, no - Teddy didn't want anyone to die; so it was better to have Chloe literally starve to death while he took his time trying to figure out ways to save her - and leaving her out of his plans, altogether. (getting side tracked/distracted various times along the way, where he always needed someone to remind him what he was 'supposed' to be doing).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:29 pm
brasca wrote:

He was starving her! The only way she was getting any energy at all was through that spiritual link they shared - feeding off the fumes of his sexual escapades. And Teddy had no way of knowing that was even a thing until Pandora filled him in on the fact. And,even then, they were the equivalent of vitamin supplements - not a proper meal.

If Teddy truly gave a damn about her well being, he would have been encouraging her to find some poor schmucks to fornicate with while they worked on breaking the contract together (which would have provided them ample opportunity to develop a close friendship/possible romantic attraction that would explain their mutual loss in this last update). But, no - Teddy didn't want anyone to die; so it was better to have Chloe literally starve to death while he took his time trying to figure out ways to save her - and leaving her out of his plans, altogether. (getting side tracked/distracted various times along the way, where he always needed someone to remind him what he was 'supposed' to be doing).
Then everyone would be all "That Teddy is a dick for letting those poor schmucks die."

Teddy, the human teen, was doing all he could think of to help Chloe, while not getting killed himself.

In doing so, he got injected with DNA that was not his own. Messed with his own brain and gave him abilities he didn't even realize he had for quite awhile.

Meanwhile, you have Pandora who knew more than she let on, but wasn't speaking up. Chloe, a succubus herself, should've known somethings about being a succubus herself, as she has always been one.

Teddy was just an innocent stuck in a pact he didn't even realize he was making, all because he wanted to see a museum exhibit.

Let's also not forget, that his sister, didn't help matters at all, purposely doing things she knew weren't the best ideas, but thought they might be cool.

And none of this ever would've likely happened if Chloe never traveled to the past and screwed everything up. Not just messing with Teddy but messing with the Magic Chicks too (so she basically brought the teasing upon herself as a child).

Point? Don't go back in time and mess things up! :p

brasca

Post by brasca »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:29 pm
brasca wrote:

So you're saying that Teddy should've deliberately found people to feed to Chloe? Commit murder? And if you're now justifying murder in the interest of saving Chloe then I suppose that also justifies her having sex with all those girls that got dosed with pheromones which is strange since you never hesitate to call her a rapist. :-o

And in retrospect I don't think Teddi can be held accountable for the actions with Daisy and her friends since the succubus blood which wasn't his choice, but Pandora's was injected into him followed by Alchemy's ectoplasm also without consent The blood altered him more than he realized. It's not unlike people who've suffered brain injuries, but think they are fine. Teddi never had much of a sex drive until becoming a succubus. Compare the time he was confronted by Naomi hopped up on Angel Wings. He ran from her, but with Daisy she let her do whatever she liked because Teddy's reasoning was altered by demonic hormones, but let's get back to the latest accusation.

While I don't complain nearly as much as half the people on this board the one part of this story that bothers me is the lack of communication. Yes, this is a farce and poor communication is necessary for such things to function, but Teddy never discussing what Chloe needed to survive seems very far fetched. If they did have that tet-a-tet I suspect Teddi would've paid Ash a visit and took him home to meet Chloe and that would be the end of that arc. However, since that's not how things played out the only source of information was Pandora and we all know how reliable she is. Teddi was actually willing to move more quickly in dating boys to find a candidate until Pandora discouraged her. http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... tle_Sister
Teddi didn't want to set a bad influence for Abby because throughout this whole story he and later she and now they have tried to do the right thing.

Now let's go back to the very beginning. If Teddy wanted to get out of the pact he could've let the angels keep Chloe, but he mounted a rescue mission to get her back. Throughout his transformation he tried to find a way to help Chloe and the only time she strayed from this is when Abby was transformed into a succubus partially because of her actions. Strangely enough Teddi cares for Abby more than most brothers or sisters would considering everything she's done. Perhaps incubus Teddy could've gone down to the basement sooner to do the deed, but given the transformation there was no way of knowing if he'd survive the encounter or if he needed to get stronger. Speaking of which Teddy went around visiting all those boys he dated which of course brought upon another uproar, but if that was in the interest of getting strong enough to save Chloe do you now justify that too? :-?

Given the reason capicoli listed it's amazing that anyone would go the lengths they have to save Chloe and I personally don't hate her. She's a succubus who fights against her nature for all the good that does, but Teddy would certainly be better off if she never entered his life.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:28 am
Sorry for what? The plan was always to break his contract.

So if anything, she should apologize to him since she sabotaged his efforts when it seemed he would hook up with Triana.
This. I'm so terribly confused with this plot twist. Why should Teddy be sorry? He was trying to save his life and soul.
DocMesa wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:56 am
You know, given the amount of highly manipulative/exploitative sex Teddy/i has had over the past few months, it wouldn't surprise me if he/she ended up roasting in the fires of the afterlife even without the pact. At least Chloe has the excuse that as a sex demon, she abides by sex demon morals, whereas Teddy/i still has a human soul with the human morals that tend to go with it.
The problem is that Teddi didn't know about her own pheremone ability. She couldn't know she was manipulating those girls into having sex with her Is she really the culprit there? If a guy had sex with a girl that was drugged by another person and he didn't know it, does that make him the culprit there?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

LarsenSan wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:37 pm
The problem is that Teddi didn't know about her own pheremone ability. She couldn't know she was manipulating those girls into having sex with her Is she really the culprit there?
Yes, absolutely.

Teddy may not have known that he was the one controlling them; but he did know they were being controlled by some kind of supernatural influences and that, if he put on the charm, he could make them do whatever he wanted them to - and he still took advantage of that and had sex with them, anyway.

There's also the fact that - despite being told that mortal men would not survive having sex with a virgin succubus - Teddy was still lining up one of his former bullies to be the sacrifice (sorry - 'boyfriend') in his place; thinking he knew better than a sexually experienced succubus on what kind of person would suffice for the task.
If a guy had sex with a girl that was drugged by another person and he didn't know it, does that make him the culprit there?
Again, yes - because if it's obvious she's not in her proper state of mind, and he takes advantage of that - it's still considered sexual assault/rape; whether he was the one who drugged her, or not.

blood_and_cocopops

Post by blood_and_cocopops »

brasca wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:27 am
Given the reason capicoli listed it's amazing that anyone would go the lengths they have to save Chloe and I personally don't hate her. She's a succubus who fights against her nature for all the good that does, but Teddy would certainly be better off if she never entered his life.
Define 'better off' I mean since chloe entered his life Teddy is now a buff sexy guy, he's rich, he's super popular at school, he's no longer bullied, he gets all the sex he wants and he's literally becoming a god.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

blood_and_cocopops wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:37 pm
Define 'better off' I mean since chloe entered his life Teddy is now a buff sexy guy
...and a supernatural sexual predator.
he's rich
...by working illegally at a strip club (he's underaged + using a fake ID)
he's super popular at school, he's no longer bullied

Thanks to putting out and enthralling Daisy and her friends to act as his personal goon squad.
he gets all the sex he wants and he's literally becoming a god.
See first section again. None of which would have happened if he had stayed home instead of breaking into that museum.

brasca

Post by brasca »

blood_and_cocopops wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:37 pm
brasca wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:27 am
Define 'better off' I mean since chloe entered his life Teddy is now a buff sexy guy, he's rich, he's super popular at school, he's no longer bullied, he gets all the sex he wants and he's literally becoming a god.
All good points, but such things came at a high price. Teddy takes it in stride, but if Chloe was never in his life his family might still be intact.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

If their parents stayed together, the DeCarlos kids would have been living in a broken home where the parents hated each other; being exposed to their constant bickering. Not a good environment to be raised in. Not that the situation they got due to Chloe's tampering was any better. Their parents split up and they were happier because of it, but not only does their mom abandon them, Teddy is forced to play surrogate parent to Abby while their dad races cars to make a living - popping in on the rare occasion to make sure they're okay; only to leave them in the care of a young woman he barely even knew outside of how good she was in bed (I know, he was mind whammied; but you'd think the pheromones would have worn off at some point to where he'd wonder wtf was he thinking).

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:36 am
If their parents stayed together, the DeCarlos kids would have been living in a broken home where the parents hated each other
Who said that...? :-\

We only saw their mom once, but she didn't appear to be unhappy until she ran into Chloe. And we saw what happened from there.

Teddy may have said his parents were happier apart, but it looked (to me) that he only said it so Chloe wouldn't try to "help" any more than she already had, 'cuz she was on her way out the door again. We won't really know what their parents marriage was like until we either hear it from them, or the creative team.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

If they're happier apart, it doesn't take a stretch of the imagination to think they didn't get along when they were together. Whether they spent their home life in separate rooms, spent time in the same room in largely, uncomfortable silences or were constantly bickering - any one of those would have had a negative impact on Teddy and Abby.

The point is though, whether they stayed together for the kids or split up due to Chloe's interference - Teddy and Abby were going to end up in a broken home, regardless.