The "Lets-Get-To-Know-You" Quiz

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

seanmccarthyuk

Re: The "Lets-Get-To-Know-You" Quiz

Post by seanmccarthyuk »

when were you happiest?
Unfortunatley, i cannot answer this one! :ymsigh:
what is your greatest fear?
Heart attack from bad diet and lack of exercise
what is your earliest childhood memory?
watching an episode of Ghostbusters :-bd
what living person do you most admire and why?
Stephen Fry, so learned, witty , articulate... everything i'm not! ^:)^
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Always trying to be funny, and failing at it! 8-}
What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Drunkedness :ymsick:
What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought (not including a property)?
Nintendo Wii
What is your most treasured possession?
My new laptop!
Where would you like to live?
Anywhere in Canada, or the USA **==
what would your super power be?
Time Travel, Hiro style (YATA!)
what makes you depressed?
Being single (STILL) :((
who would play you in the movie of your life?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Cera
what is your favourite book?
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
what is your favourite smell?
BBQ food :x
what do you most dislike about your appearance?
big nose, chins, curly hair :-q
what is your guiltiest pleasure?
Staying on the internet too long (unfortunatley, not on here as much as i'd like to!)
what do you owe your parents?
grandchildren (i'm working on it, solo unfortunatley!)
what does love feel like?
? =((
who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
Kevin Smith, Stephen Fry, Michael Stipe, Cameron Diaz, Billy Connolly and Larry David :ymdaydream:
which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Snootch To The Nootch \m/
if you could edit your past, what would you change?
DO NOT DO IMPRESSIONS OF POKEMON IN SCHOOL! It leads to failure! :-B
when did you last cry, and why?
Can't remember, too long ago
how do you relax?
watch tv, play games
how often do you have sex?
Never :( :-s
what's the closest you've come to death?
Over-eating
what do you consider your greatest achievement?
Winning best-newcomer at my first Stand-up gig :ymapplause:
what keeps you awake at night?
Heat, and loud foxes outside
what song would you like played at your funeral?
R.E.M.: Everybody Hurts
where would you like to be right now?
Onstage, headlining at the Comedy Store

:-@

lone_lady_wolf

Post by lone_lady_wolf »

when were you happiest?
umm... this summer... when I was a child... IDK.

what is your greatest fear?
of being alone.

what is your earliest childhood memory?
building my house when I was 4.

what living person do you most admire and why?
umm... my family members? IDK.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
My temper.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Liars. Procrastination.

What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought (not including a property)?
my laptop

What is your most treasured possession?
My dog.

Where would you like to live?
Ireland

what would your super power be?
mind reading

what makes you depressed?
Umm... alot.

who would play you in the movie of your life?
Rachael Leigh Cook

what is your favourite book?
Pride and Prejudice

what is your favourite smell?
baked goods

what do you most dislike about your appearance?
how round my face is.

what is your guiltiest pleasure?
Nerds. The candy.

what do you owe your parents?
my mom? My respectfulness. My dad? My independence.

what does love feel like?
Overwhelming happiness. Butterflies. Excitement.

who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
Johnny Depp. The two brothers from Boondock Saints.

which words or phrases do you most overuse?
I'm Fine.

if you could edit your past, what would you change?
Nothing, because it brought me to where I am today.

when did you last cry, and why?
A couple days ago, because my boyfriend and I were fighting, and he kicked me out. But he changed his mind so it's all good.

how do you relax?
Reading, and listen to music.

how often do you have sex?
Once a week. Not often enough.

what's the closest you've come to death?
when I was 5.

what do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting into college.

what keeps you awake at night?
thoughts.

what song would you like played at your funeral?
Nananana, nananana, hey hey hey, good bye.

where would you like to be right now?
In bed. Sleeping.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

*stalks*

*leaves note on his love of the smell of backed goods too*

i forgot about this thread. Ill prepare a proper post
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

lone_lady_wolf

Post by lone_lady_wolf »

Baked goods are definitely the best smell in the world.

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

Since the pantheon of elders have all participated in this, I'd better also before I am 'encouraged' with 'friendly persuasion.' :p

When were you happiest? The day I got married the first time. I didn’t think anyone would marry me before then, and what made it worse is that several of my buddies got married to their HS sweethearts (All of those marriages are still going strong.)

What is your greatest fear? Failing. I made such epic failures when I was young and was so ridiculed for them that I probably overprepare for any attempt, especially if I am in front of a crowd.

What is your earliest childhood memory? My mother doing housework while watching “The Doctors” (a long defunct American soap opera.) I was home in the wintertime because I was too young to attend kindergarten, and the concept of pre-school never entered my mother’s mind.

What living person do you most admire and why? A teacher! :D Two of them, in fact: Mrs. Dusbabek from HS, because of her oft quoted line: “Make good use of your time.” That has driven my work life to where I work so efficiently that I have been taken for granted. That comes to a swift end when I go on vacation…or leave.

The other is Scott Kuntz, who taught me Adobe Illustrator and much about art and music. I have dozens of out-of-print art instruction books and dozens of bebop jazz cds because of him.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Making inappropriate comments to people. I’ll beat myself up for days, even after an accepted apology.

What is the trait you most deplore in others? Hypocrisy and double standards. That will raise my ire without fail.

What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought (not including a property)? I’ve spent far more on education—learning what and how to skills--than anything else.

What is your most treasured possession? Good question. I don’t really have any family heirlooms.

Where would you like to live? Ashland, WI, in a cozy home overlooking Lake Superior.

What would your super power be? Spider powers. I was born about the same time Spider-Man first appeared in Amazing Fantasy #15.

What makes you depressed? I’ve fought depression for most of my life. I approach it the same way recovering addicts use a 12-step system: one day at a time.

Who would play you in the movie of your life? Will Smith.

What is your favourite book? I have several: 1)Watership Down, which I have read many, many times 2)The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (part of the Chronicles of Narnia) and 3)Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Everyone should read Part One, which deals with how to truly live.

What is your favourite smell? Fresh-cut wood.

What do you most dislike about your appearance? The spare tire I can’t get rid of no matter how many sit-ups or step aerobics I do.

What is your guiltiest pleasure? Reading romance novels. Yup, the big man that does blue-collar man’s work likes reading chick books (but not viewing chick flicks, aka Projected Travesties.) So sue me, all those of you who think I’m betraying the “Real Man” code.

What do you owe your parents? My life.

What does love feel like? True love? Like that old pair of jeans with rips and frays, but you keep putting them on because they feel so comfortable and any new pair simply doesn’t fit correctly.

Who would you invite to your dream dinner party? I don’t dream of dinner parties.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Yup.

If you could edit your past, what would you change? Outside of what I learned in class, I would blink out my entire HS experience. Unlike George Bailey, I didn’t save my brother from drowning, helped people keep their homes or rescued Mary Hatch from living as a spinster librarian.

When did you last cry, and why? I will cry when music of films happen to strike a certain chord within me, but I won’t let anyone see. The last time anyone saw me was when middle management ganged up on me over a health issue back when I was a graphic artist. That was beginning of the end of my working white collar jobs, for a growing hatred of office politics festered within.

How do you relax? Watching NFL (American Football) games and Goddesses of the Hourglass.

How often do you have sex? Oh come on! A gentleman doesn’t copulate and tell.

What’s the closest you've come to death? While working on the third floor of an unfinished building, I drove a man-lift to a ledge where there was no railing. After performing the required work, it was only then I noticed the ledge curved inward at the extreme end, and one tire was within two inches of falling off. With my weight, the momentum would have surely carried me and the lift over the edge to plunge three stories.

What do you consider your greatest achievement? Changing careers in my forties from graphic artist to welder/machinist.

What keeps you awake at night? Worrying.

What song would you like played at your funeral? I’d like two of them: the sonata “Pathétique - 2. Adagio Cantabile (second movement)” by Beethoven (but in C minor and a string section added) and “Sheep May Safely Graze” by Bach (but with the pipe organ replaced with a piano and the strings allowed to play, with a cello added.)

Where would you like to be right now? In Ashland, WI, in a cozy home overlooking Lake Superior.

Recca
Hokage Ninja

Post by Recca »

when were you happiest? when I went to Otakon in 2005

what is your geratest fear? failure.

what is your earliest childhood memory? trying to fish a penny out of a sewer.

what living person do you most admire and why? my mother. because no matter what has happened in her life. she always has a smile for her children and does whatever she can to make their lives better.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? my sometimes short fuse, or that I sometimes don't think with the right head lol.

What is the trait you most deplore in others? lack of wanting to better themselves. Rudeness

What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought (not including a property)? My Car? besides that...um..not sure. My Wii?

What is your most treasured possession? My plush panda bear that my poppy gave me.

Where would you like to live? Right here in Newfoundland.

what would your super power be? flight. and if not flight healing.

what makes you depressed? upsetting people or when people are mean to me when I don't know why.

who would play you in the movie of your life? um......I honestly don't know :p

what is your favourite book? Now that's hard. I like Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, but there's a book I can't remember the name of I read long ago that I adored.

what is your favourite smell? damn forrest. I ADORE the smell of damp forrest.

what do you most dislike about your appearance? probably some of my body hair :(

what is your guiltiest pleasure? spending an entire day naked, playing video games, eating what I want and...you know :x

what do you owe your parents? Dad? nothing except how NOT to act. Mom? everything. I wouldn't be who I am or where I am without her support and guidance.

what does love feel like? it feels like the rest of the world melts away in a warm rush of joy and bliss.

who would you invite to your dream dinner party? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles....and all my friends, including all you :)

which words or phrases do you most overuse? "Crap in a hat", "It's a true story", "I approve of that message".

if you could edit your past, what would you change? There are many things I'd be tempted to change....but I wouldn't. I am who I am because of all those experiences. good and bad. And I like who I am now.

when did you last cry, and why? a few weeks ago. Just so many stressful things at once that I broke down.

how do you relax? video games. well...and other things.

how often do you have sex? not often enough hahaha. I try to at least once every few days...hopefully.

what's the closest you've come to death? when my car hit a patch of black ice (ice on the road invisible to the eye) and I spund 2 and a half times across 3 lanes of highway traffic. ended up an inch away from the ditch. scary as hell.

what do you consider your greatest achievement? I don't think I have one set achievement that is the greatest. I've defied all odds by even functioning in society, accoring to doctors, so I consider my life is the greatest achievement.

what keeps you awake at night? Nightmares. I have them constantly.

what song would you like played at your funeral? I don't know....

where would you like to be right now? In a big cuddle-circle.