Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

PTC 08-10-19 Does not ring a bell

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: PTC 08-10-19 Does not ring a bell

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Perhaps Gwynn's "goody goody" image isn't as true as it seems, in that she may have a level of egocentricity that makes her ignore or forget the *lesser* rivals?
I know it doesn't need saying but I'd still like to note how sublime the art is; from Maura and Tess' wrestling outfits, to the nuance and humour of their body language.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Well, being face in the ring doesn't mean you're face in real life, same with being heel in the ring doesn't make you a heel in real life.

When I met Triple H almost 2 decades ago, he was the nicest person in the world, until I said to him (just for fun) "The Rock is going to take the title", in that moment he switched into his heel persona and went into a rant, I wish I had a camera back then to film that.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:39 am
Perhaps Gwynn's "goody goody" image isn't as true as it seems, in that she may have a level of egocentricity that makes her ignore or forget the *lesser* rivals?
I know it doesn't need saying but I'd still like to note how sublime the art is; from Maura and Tess' wrestling outfits, to the nuance and humour of their body language.
I doubt it's egocentricity so much as just not remembering one pair of opponents out of who knows how many. They may not be part of the main roster, and so Gwynn may not have had enough time together to form an impression.

SlightlyMostly

Post by SlightlyMostly »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:39 am
The only previous indication of Gwynn's own personality (separately from her wrestling persona) is from this strip where Lynn is talking to her, calls her "loudly morally centered", and asks her for ethical advice. Based on that, I'd guess she does not seem actively egocentric at least to her coworkers.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Fair point, she is the biggest female star in the WW3, so she has to fight a lot of people in a lot of shows, they even said that they lost to her in a house show, If the WW3 is the Ma3verse equivalent of the WWE the amount of house shows are massive... Maybe if they faced her in a televised event or a PPV it would be different.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Nah. She was just keeping the pecking order in place. Workin it.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

What Maura said "Just look at all these unsold toys.."
What she should have said: "Just look at these biceps..."
;)

pcj

Post by pcj »

I'm probably pointing out the obvious, but her bragging about how many are unsold is just proving Gwynn's point. The fact that nobody wants to buy them.... means they're nobodies.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Having action figures, no matter how unpopular, does imply that the WW3 has plans for them. The real nobodies in wrestling are the ones that show up for untelevised matches in order to lose to more popular wrestlers. They don't get fancy outfits and certainly not action figures.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Gosh. Maura is a master at shooting herself in the foot, isn't she? ^^;