2019-07-01 The End

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Mandy

Re: 2019-07-01 The End

Post by Mandy »

Thanks Eisu, Dave, and T! This comic has been a cute little journey, and I'm sad to see it go.

nottere

Post by nottere »

A very nice ending, though I do wish that there had been a few more strips before this. I'm still curious about what happened to Lavali, who really seemed to be a big part of the story for awhile there. Alex too of course, but I get that he really wasn't a big priority to Sandra, and it is her story, so I guess it's not really against the rules to only focus on her people in the final pages. It's a shame though, I'd really enjoyed Christophe's appearances before the time jump too, and would have liked to have seen where his mini storyline was going. Overall though, this is a good ending for SANDRA, and I am happy to see her and Cammi together at the end.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Like I said, they remind me of Riko and Miyako from Yagate Kimi Ni Naru

https://s3.mkklcdnv3.com/mangakakalot/y ... l_4/10.jpg

Anyways, thanks for the fun ride!
Last edited by rogermart on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

rogermart wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:48 pm

https://dynasty-scans.com/system/releas ... 139/09.jpg

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

The only ending I've liked, so far. Conglaturation.
**== **== **== **==

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

I liked the ending. Nice for Sandra.

But I’m sad I didn’t get to see Alex and Christophe getting together. I’m sure they’re still in Paris, in college, sleeping together and playing video games naked until Penelope barges in.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

RConrad wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:28 pm
rogermart wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:48 pm

https://s3.mkklcdnv3.com/mangakakalot/y ... l_4/10.jpg

Fixed
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

amikael

Post by amikael »

Love it. Good job. <3

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

@rogermart:

Reminds me of the Archer episode where Archer's friend Luke explains that he has a singular same-sex attraction to the show's titular main character.

WizzarTheRed

Post by WizzarTheRed »

That was... incredibly rushed, but I suppose there are worse ways the series could have ended. I'll just assume that Eloise abandoned her plans to ruin Sandra's career in favor of more threeways with Alex and Nadine. And that Lavali had a threeway with Aaina and Aania. Aaaand Christophe had a threeway with Penelope and Pierre. Threeways for everybody!

In all seriousness, Sandra on the Rocks has been my favorite of the Má3-verse stories, to the point where I prefer Esiu's drawings of Sandra over Giz's (heresy, I know). So, yeah, it was rushed, but I enjoyed the ride up to this point. Goodbye, everyone! I'll remember you all in therapy!

JediMB

Post by JediMB »

I would have loved more, but this ending was definitely good for my heart. Thanks!

Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

This was a bit abbreviated... I would have liked to hear more about Lavali, Aaina and Aania, but what was here was pretty great. This was my favorite comic of the bunch, with the most appealing cast... I’m sad to see it end, but thanks for the ride!

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Poor, Ingrid.

No, seriously - poor Ingrid! She seemed to really be into Cammi and was genuinely worried about her. To see that she lost Cammi to Sandra - a girl who played with Cammi's emotions before being shipped back to Montreal; a girl who never got in touch with any of her Paris friends and only happened to chance upon them when she headed back to Paris to throw her success into her former mentor's face - is rather disheartening.
ven wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:27 am
A, standard ending, two girls get together, we don't talk about the males in this comic anymore since we don't like them anyway. Pierre who? Alex what? On top of that, this is rushed like hell, but whatever.

I feel like I'm done with this, the menagea3 followup was really unappealing for me so far,
Glad I'm not alone on this.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Probably my last post on the forum since I dropped off awhile ago

Wanted to say thanks to eisu for this comic - was a lot of good laughs over the years and this ended up becoming my go-to on Pixie Trix once I know the series were all ending. I really do wish we could of seen more of Sanda and the gang, and its a real shame this is the end, but it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for putting the ship together at the end that I really wanted and I hope all your future prospects look great.

Thanks for all the good times you all - it has been a fun 10 years

:x
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Yawn...

I wish I could say I was happy about this ending but I'm not. I've nothing against Sandra or Cammi but I'm not invested in them as a couple and this ending is painfully, obviously rushed. Reminds me of Avengers: Endgame, ironically enough, in that the ending of that movie had a few things about it that I wasn't cool with, and one moment in particular stank of the film-makers just wanting to end on a certain shot slash note, and nuts to everything else as long as they could have it.

Oh, and I'm not sure who you think you've been fooling by posting these strips with phony dates of release. This strip has had severe schedule slip and I'd have more respect for you if you would be upfront about that.