01-06-09 It's gonna eat me!

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Giz
Site Admin

01-06-09 It's gonna eat me!

Post by Giz »

And so we begin! http://www.eeriecuties.com/d/20090601.html

Man, sorry for the delay. The auto-update wasn't working and I had to manually update this. Let's hope I can get the bugs fixed soon!

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Re: 01-06-09 It's gonna eat me!

Post by Kamino Neko »

Ah, so that's why...I thought you were just being evil by posting the link to the new site before the comic went up. >_> (Seriously, I was sitting here for half an hour refreshing and whimpering because the comic wasn't up yet. <_< I think I might need a life.)

Not much to comment on yet, save that the art's real nice, and I think I already like the purple haired girl. (Vampire?)

On the art, though, one thing's really interesting... I can easily recognize it as your art, yet the style isn't really similar to P&A or Ma3 at all. I'm not sure what that means, other than 'damn you're good', but...it's what really strikes me.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

mayhemeffect

Post by mayhemeffect »

Yah for purplr hair!!

that is all

**this has been a public service annoucement from 'pro purple body traits!"(pptb!)**
Hugs & Curses

Eight

Post by Eight »

He doesn't even have wheels though...... :-o

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Ooh, color. I like color. Odd, though, making your horroresque comic in color, and your comedies mostly in black and white. You'd think it would be the other way around.

I can see what you meant by allowing your art to grow. I see the familiar style in the guy running away, and in several of the characters on the banner. But I'm seeing manga influences as well (purple haired girl especially). I'm interested in how this story is going to get started.

And on the banner, the white haired guy looks really cool. He probably won't make an appearance for at least a week, but he's already my favorite character.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I like it :) Its cute, they styles very manga, and you've picked a great colourist in Miguel (Kudos Miguel if your reading this! :-bd ).

I love seeing Giz's art and storytelling develope and this seems to be a nice departure from everything we've seen before. Can't wait to see how it continues.(Even though I know more about this project then some people, Giz still kept me in the dark on things too so its my first time seeing everything as well! )

Seems to me that its going to be more of a continuous story style like P&A, rather then the punchy 'This happens, get a laugh, something new but related next strip' of Ma3. All I'm going to say about the plot is that, as Giz said on the strips homepage its about Teenage Monsters in Highschool, soo.. yeah, the two girls in this strip are Vampires... hope I've not given that away for some people.

Gredinus

Post by Gredinus »

I think someone has been watching/reading to much of "Rosario + Vampire" ;D

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Not all of the characters will be vampires ;) . The two girls in todays strip are though.

EerieSausage

Post by EerieSausage »

Aw, Penny's mom cutie and Charlotte cutie!

Anyways, will be following with interest, like to see how this one works out, especially with the writing.
Luck with you.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yay for new comic!!! :ymparty:

Things I observed:

- Purple Vampire Girl has only one tooth! Seems she is a desanguinationally challenged vampire.
- PVG is also not immune to exhaustion.
- Black-Haired Girl With Rucksack is good at hiding in plain sight, and she seems to have strength - probably not easy to hold a stick out like that and actually trip over a big guy.
- BHGWR has a very cute doll (?) in the banner.

Ag, oberanalyzation, how I love you so! :x
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

thats not a one tooth.

thaqts the anime long sharp tooth. Excel saga had it.

A few real people have it as well.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

zoom

Post by zoom »

Purple Vampire Girl has only one tooth! Seems she is a desanguinationally challenged vampire.
So you're saying she only drinks Blud Lite?
SIG229

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

zoom wrote:So you're saying she only drinks Blud Lite?
#-o

Nah. It was funny. :)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Looking good so far Miss Gisele, am looking forward to seeing where you will take us from here. :D :ymapplause:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

HotlyContested

Post by HotlyContested »

A new comic! This is exciting!

I have a feeling the purply-girl is trying to give him back his wallet or something. She doesn't have an "I want to drink your blood" expression on her face. If she did, I think she'd look more like this:
7933753_7df11f8171.jpg
7933753_7df11f8171.jpg (44.14 KiB) Viewed 14801 times