Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

PTC 04-06-19 X-ray vision

Post by Giz »

Eleithrit

Re: PTC 04-06-19 X-ray vision

Post by Eleithrit »

Wait, Tracy is his sister? I guess they don't necessarily have to resemble each other or be blood related but I remember Tracy was supposed to be fairly dark skinned and this guy looks about as pale as everyone else in the strip.

Itrogash

Post by Itrogash »

Eleithrit wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:18 am
Wait, Tracy is his sister? I guess they don't necessarily have to resemble each other or be blood related but I remember Tracy was supposed to be fairly dark skinned and this guy looks about as pale as everyone else in the strip.
He does? Looks like he has exactly the same skin tone as Tracy to me

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

He's also Tracy's brother? Small world.
Last edited by Cortez on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

Really, Zadie? Jealous about a compliment from someone you met 5 minutes ago? What are you? 12? Maybe Aaron is the perfect age for you after all...

Eleithrit

Post by Eleithrit »

Itrogash wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:47 am
Eleithrit wrote:
He does? Looks like he has exactly the same skin tone as Tracy to me
Mostly that there's a lack of shading done to show a difference in skin tone versus when Tracy was drawn http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/Lean ... nd_say_ahh which you can see in both the face and the arms/hands versus Felix where it doesn't look like the same approach was made so he looks like he's supposed to be the same skin tone as the rest of the characters.

gormadoc

Post by gormadoc »

Eleithrit wrote:
Siblings don't have to have the same skin color. My kids have had different shades of brown. It could also just be a less sunny part of the year or he spends less time outside. In any case, he looks the same shade to me but flat, because he's missing the texturing.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I have this female friend who’s a little on the heavier side, and she has been telling me for the last couple of years that it’s a good time to be a thicc girl. That’s what’s hot right now apparently.

Evidently she’s right.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Eleithrit wrote:
Actually, Felix appeared to be Caucasian-pale when the previous strip first went up, but then Giz caught herself and corrected the art. I thought that seemed a bit arbitrary at the time, but if he's meant to be Tracy's brother, it was obviously a jarring mistake that needed fixing.
Cortez wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:05 am
He's also Tracy's sister?
Nope.
Chantaru wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:30 am
Really, Zadie? Jealous about a compliment from someone you met 5 minutes ago? What are you? 12?
Giz character, so functionally, yeah... Well, maybe more like 14. Puberty but no maturity.

Anyhow, I guess that one question now is whether this strip will see guest appearances by Tracy, whose relationship with James was left hanging a bit.
lordoffiling wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:45 am
I have this female friend who’s a little on the heavier side, and she has been telling me for the last couple of years that it’s a good time to be a thicc girl. That’s what’s hot right now apparently.

Evidently she’s right.
Or Felix reckons that ladling it on a bit with a prospective employer is a smart move. But Ramona is drawn as more than cute enough in her way.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Nice bit of exposition dropping as to how successful Gary has been as well as Felix's sibling connection to Tracey. Hopefully, he's more level headed, but then again you're only as sane as the person next to you which is why Zadie seems like a boy crazy teen.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

The, let's say, "colour correction" does make Felix's design work a bit better now; still a bit '90's, but I suppose it is a style still common for a few people.
Playing a bit of a stereotype with him showing more interest in the thicker Ramona, albeit that could simply be my own assumptions - the less judgmental interpretation being that Ramona was the one talking to him like a person, rather than Zadie's vapid gaze that amounts more or less to eyeing a piece of meat.

My heart did drop hearing he is related to Tracy because I'm worried idiocy is hereditary. I guess, since we have the differences between sibling characters Ruby and Amber, then there is hope that Felix has the brains in the family... or, at the very least, doesn't end up revealed as obnoxiously selfish and stupid.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Cute. I like how Ramona is portrayed here. Zadie... not as much... but we'll see. I am curious to see more about Gary & Felix, and perhaps even getting more into Tracy's current affairs. I wonder if Felix knows about her sister's webcam affairs too.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:05 pm
Playing a bit of a stereotype with him showing more interest in the thicker Ramona, albeit that could simply be my own assumptions - the less judgmental interpretation being that Ramona was the one talking to him like a person, rather than Zadie's vapid gaze that amounts more or less to eyeing a piece of meat.
Given that he carefully acknowledges that Ramona already has a partner, this looks to me more like generalised flirtation than serious interest in her. Either he's the type who flirts with every woman he meets while respecting boundaries, or he knows that Ramona has the hire-and-fire authority here and reckons this improves his chances of being hired.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:05 pm
My heart did drop hearing he is related to Tracy because I'm worried idiocy is hereditary.
That depends on whether plot function is genetic, doesn't it? Though idiocy is pretty much universal in the setting anyway.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

“Everyone in a sitcom is a bit of a dumbass.” - Source Unknown
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The origin story of the term "Idiot Ball" is pertinent here.
---------
Spidrift