Re: Dangerously Chloe 8-04-19 The End

Post by Alarikun »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:52 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:50 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:54 pm
Pixie Trix (who owned the story and the characters within) is closing.
Has that been announced anywhere? I know that all the current comics are coming to an end, but Giz has now tweeted about a forthcoming new Ma3-universe comic, and also there’ll be Kickstarters to run for various print collections.
Maybe I'm wrong? But it seems odd that all the comics are coming to an end all around the same time; so I just figured they're closing shop.
I'd say you're not the only one who though tthis, and I'm still not unconvinced. Literally all of their webcomics are coming to an end around the same time, and it definitely looks suspicious... especially with how some were obviously rushed to the end (SDB Anyone?).

They might be switching to a new model (paid comics) or something, but until we actually hear from them... we won't know.

jish55

Post by jish55 »

So we went through all of that just to have Teddy return to his original body in the last 2 pages of the comic? This honestly felt like a waste of time and feels overly complicated just to reach this conclusion.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:27 pm
Ah. The end. The satisfying-no-loose-ends-or-unresolved-plot-points-end. Well, except for Teddy's Mom, his dad and Pandora, the price Abby paid for being a succubus, what Alchemy will do now that she's been stood up, how the other angels react to Charity's new look, if Naomi and what's-her-face from MC will ever get a room, if Pandora and Zachuriel continue their affair, if Teddy goes back to stripping, what will happen now that Teddeity is free again, how Abby's friends and family will react to her being a demon, and why Chloe's mom never showed up. But other than that, bliss. True bliss.
You can cross Naomi and Gaby off your list since both of them are straight.

My list would be:
- Will Lance remain Pandora's thrall/sex slave and does Teddy even care anymore?
- Is Abby enrolled at AA, or is Gaby tutoring her privately to keep an eye on her?
- Has the AA faculty been notified of the DeCarlo situation, or did Gaby and Tandy change their minds about reporting it?
- Is (this version of) Heaven aware that a new god exists? If so, how are they gonna handle it?
- Will Daisy and her friends remain under the control of Teddy's pheromones and will he continue to plow them, regardless?

Now that I think about it, Teddy's basically doing what Blair would do if his spirit wasn't trapped in a plastic doll.

renmei

Post by renmei »

Fluffy wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong? But it seems odd that all the comics are coming to an end all around the same time; so I just figured they're closing shop.
It was announced on Giz's facebook in November of 2017. Essentially financial pressures, due to artists not exactly getting paid much and websites not pulling in the ad revenue they used to, forced her to reconsider the future of Pixie Trix. At the time she had a new paid gig called Exor-sisters, so that was were she was going to put her focus. That does appear to have changed, but I haven't seen any formal announcement except the site getting revamped.

I can't find the original, but here's an article about it with her post copy pasted: http://needlessessentialsonline.com/pix ... cs-to-end/

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I did say my curiosity would be the death of me...

But not today. Today it has set me free. I am finally rid of this comic and its wretched cast of characters. Maybe some day I will return to it in order to write a critique of it for the Bad Webcomics Wiki. I'll let you all know if I do.
vampire hunter D wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:10 am
I'm worried now for Fluffy Ollie and Kroc. What will they do now with the extra 17 hours a day they'll have now that they dont have this comic to comlain about?
You're such a funny man. That's why I'm going to kill you last.

Just kidding, of course. I'm not going to kill anyone. But I am certainly glad to not have to deal with the assholes of this subforum anymore. I'll find things to do without wasting time on this webcomic.
brasca wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:29 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:01 pm
vampire hunter D wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:10 am
I'm worried now for Fluffy Ollie and Kroc. What will they do now with the extra 17 hours a day they'll have now that they dont have this comic to comlain about?
Breathe a sigh of relief knowing I never have to read another childish reply from the likes of you and Brasca.

Honestly, nothing wrong with disagreeing/debating on plot points; so long as people keep it civil. But you and Brasca (as well as folks like FGF/Rosa and Vitocap) seemed to love throwing in condescending insults - as if it somehow made your arguments more valid. What was up with that?
You didn’t have to read anything I or Vampire D wrote much less this webcomic which you hate so much. Don’t blame us for your masochistic reading habits.
Y'know, Brasca, maybe you should take your own advice. Because if this bothered you that much you could always just leave the forums wholesale. Or, as Fluffy said, just add us to your ignore list. Your refusal to do either betrays you.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

How about that.
The ending was pretty decent. Not every issue resolved, but still okayish.
And hey, potential for a sequel. *shrug*

dmra

Post by dmra »

lordoffiling wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:06 pm
One of the chief complaints about Dangerously Chloe is thatthe titular character didn’t actually appear in it all that much in later chapters. Many decried it as poor writing, but really it was just symptomatic of having a larger cast of characters to work with. The story grew into being not specifically about Chloe, and turned into an ensemble thing.
It really was bad writing.

Firstly most of the larger cast of characters were people who interacted with Teddy - many of them after Chloe's virtual disappearance. So taking her out of the comic to introduce them was a deliberate choice by the writers and one which fundamentally skewed the story and not an incidental event.

Which is my second point.

The official end of the comic was Chloe and Teddy opening up a world of possibilities together in their grand romance. Except the romance felt shallow to many readers because Chloe had virtually disappeared and we never really saw her and Teddy together. Instead we saw Teddy having an incredible number of sexual encounters with humans and non-humans while barely sharing a word with the girl he "loved". So there was no reason to see their relationship as important because we weren't shown it as being important or special.

But then suddenly out of nowhere in the last few pages this is again presented as the defining relationship of their lives.

I'm sorry but no matter how entertaining some of Teddy's adventures may have been as part of telling a love story they derailed the story and undermined the importance of the central relationship so in that sense they were indeed badly written.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:50 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:54 pm
Pixie Trix (who owned the story and the characters within) is closing.
Has that been announced anywhere? I know that all the current comics are coming to an end, but Giz has now tweeted about a forthcoming new Ma3-universe comic, and also there’ll be Kickstarters to run for various print collections.
That's a bit of a relief. In spite of some of the wrinkles, this place has become part of my week, be it for better or worse. ^^; It'd be a shame if it just went quietly into the dark.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Chloe is about freedom not enslavement. And I like the title's reference. Good ending! :)

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Fluffy wrote:
Well, Giz said that all Pixie Trix properties running (Ma3, SDB, DC and SoTR) were ending, Ma3 ended because she planned to end it with Vol. 10, SDB because she didn't have the time to continue with the story, and DC & SoTR ended because of money issues, and they're ending around the same time for Kickstarter's sake.

Now, Giz also said that she assumed everyone was planning for what's next. Right now she has Exorsisters, and in April 5 she surprised us with an announcement: Pixie is launching a new comic set in the Ma3-verse that updates twice a week. Also, a whole revamp of the sites with the help of Hiveworks.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

jish55 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:36 pm
So we went through all of that just to have Teddy return to his original body in the last 2 pages of the comic? This honestly felt like a waste of time and feels overly complicated just to reach this conclusion.
More like he can shapeshift.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:10 pm

You can cross Naomi and Gaby off your list since both of them are straight.

No way Gaby is straight and she has an obvious crush on Naomi.

And we saw Naomi talk about how she had sex with a mermaid.
brasca wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:29 pm

You didn’t have to read anything I or Vampire D wrote
No offense, But you do realize that the same could be said about you?

And criticism of a work isn't a bad thing.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:36 am
No way Gaby is straight and she has an obvious crush on Naomi.
Based on...? :-\

Fair point about Naomi: I forgot about the mermaid incident, since we only heard about it.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:10 am

Based on...? :-\

You've read the strip, it wasn't exactly subtle.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:23 am
You've read the strip, it wasn't exactly subtle.
It must've been, 'cuz I saw nothing that supports it.

If you're referring to Tandy's wisecracks about Gaby allegedly having a thing for Naomi, that's no different than what Tiff said about AJ and Rain and nothing happened between them either.