Dangerously Chloe 28-03-19 Where I was Happiest

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 28-03-19 Where I was Happiest

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:04 am
Side note: Who else is bothered by the fact Teddy - of all people - said he'd happily remain enslaved so long as Chloe and Naomi were his masters?
Bothered, yes. Surprised? No.

He said was happier being a girl and called it a liberating experience. Then added that he hoped Abby could experience the same thing. From that point onwards, he's been down for whatever (excluding Abby becoming a succubus, which contradicts what he said earlier). :-??

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I can buy his answer.

As a stripper he got attention he never had before. Before he was picked on constantly by the jocks and ignored and/or picked on by the girls.

As the girl, he felt more adored and more in control. As the girl, he likely felt closer to his sister, who he had basically been taking care of by himself.

Then I'd say there was his time with Al. Al imo treated him the best and loved him in both genders, though I'd say Al liked the female form the best.

Yup. I buy it even if it's setup as a joke.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:52 am
I can buy his answer.

As a stripper he got attention he never had before. Before he was picked on constantly by the jocks and ignored and/or picked on by the girls.

As the girl, he felt more adored and more in control. As the girl, he likely felt closer to his sister, who he had basically been taking care of by himself.

Then I'd say there was his time with Al. Al imo treated him the best and loved him in both genders, though I'd say Al liked the female form the best.
I'd find that pathetic, if that's his reasoning, 'cuz it'd mean he has such low self-esteem that he'd readily adopt a new body and an entirely new persona in order to gain popularity and sex.

Ace was in the same boat, but he had enough self-respect to want his own body back, regardless of being unpopular.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:15 am
....... no. I reject this. I reject this reality and all that it contains.
You want a good fix for this? Here: have god Teddy sleep with Chloe until she can control herself. Done. Chloe's deflowered, plot point concluded. Then, use the key to order Teddy to remove his own godhood and all non-human contaminants in his blood, remove his female and god personas, and return to being normal Teddy, the human male. Done. Teddy's normal. Then remove the collar. Boom. Teddy's Teddy again, he and Chloe can be with eachother safely, comic concluded.
Given that Chloe is far from a genius at managing her own powers (remember the 'kissing lessons'?), they'd never be safe unless Chloe was transformed into a human.
Screw it, they'd need to erase themselves from all the demons' memories, and even then they'd still be at risk!

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Is Chloe still gonna die of virginity? I thought that was a thing, at some point. The only reason she hasn't done the deed, is that she's apparently gonna be the most powerful being in existence during her first lay, judging by how people talk about her on this forum. Is she really that dangerous?
**== **== **== **==

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I stand by my theory. Chloe’s specific question was, “What do you truly want, deep down?”

I think Ted doesn’t know.

But, he was ordered to answer, so what they got was a weird response from somewhere in his undermind. Note how he was shocked and embarrassed to hear the words come out of his own mouth.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

meps98

Post by meps98 »

lordoffiling wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:52 am
I stand by my theory. Chloe’s specific question was, “What do you truly want, deep down?”

I think Ted doesn’t know.

But, he was ordered to answer, so what they got was a weird response from somewhere in his undermind. Note how he was shocked and embarrassed to hear the words come out of his own mouth.
He may not know what he wants but it's also possible he told the truth. A person can desire something that both family and society frown upon or condemn. The revelation of that desire could cause embarrassment and shame but it doesn't change the truth.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

As a complete sidenote.

Concerning the various comics on Pixie Trix comic system. (these three, ma3, sdb, sandra, school bites etc)
Some of these are connected and such. Some I've read for a long time. but I've decided to reread several of these soon..
What exactly would folks say is the best narritive reading order?
I'm not entirely sure what connects to when anymore, its really muddled together over the years.
The obvious reading order feels like
MA3, SDB..no clue what Sandra on the rocks is about actually.
EC....is magick chicks between? I haven't read that one yett, then DC I guess is fine once Chloe leaves EC?
No clue on several others. I've generally only really read MA3 and EC the most. then switched to SDB and DC later.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:59 am
Ace was in the same boat, but he had enough self-respect to want his own body back, regardless of being unpopular.
And remember what they did to him? Making his female body have a separate personality (who claimed to be the real Ace, the nerve) and making her a nymphomaniac.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

LarsenSan wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:00 pm
Gotoh wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:59 am
And remember what they did to him? Making his female body have a separate personality (who claimed to be the real Ace, the nerve) and making her a nymphomaniac.
Sad, but true, which is why I prefer to pretend that particular short never happened.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Yeah and his "friends" took full advantage.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Cortez wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:05 am
Yeah and his "friends" took full advantage.
Which is why I think it's odd/funny that - despite both cases involving supernatural influence making people do things they're either not aware of or not in full control of, and others taking advantage of those influenced people - readers will get into an uproar over Kade and Dio taking advantage of Ace's cluelessness over what's actually going on, but come to Teddy's defense when he does the same to the jocks/girls in his school.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

@Zellgato:
Excellent argument about Teddy's choice, especially given the bizarre twists of DC in general.
As far as reading order: there really isn't one. The comics all run on their own timelines and only the most dedicated (or OCD) is going to sort them out.
This is the closest I can come up with (some folks will probably come up with a different/better reading order).
MA3-Verse:
1) MA3: Obviously, it starts everything off and introduces the majority of characters.
2) Sticky Dilly Buns: Even though it starts after SotR, it's story intertwines with MA3 with a large number of main character appearances (except for DiDi-- thank goodness). The long hiatus does bring up questions of where parts of it fit into the main continuity, but overall it seems to dovetail nicely into the MA3 story.
3) Sandra on the Rocks: AFAIK Sandra leaves MA3 sometime in 2010 and her series starts in 2011, 2 years before SDB. Other than an arc with Gary, however, it has virtually no connection to MA3 after that. So its almost best to read the "main" storyline in MA3 and SDB first, and then read this spinoff.

The C-Verse
This is both easier and less satisfying. Eerie Cuties, followed by Magick Chicks and finally Dangerously Chloe. The series have very little crossover and the timeline is a complete mess. MC more or less fits into the EC timeline (sort of) but as far as DC goes, I've no idea whatsoever. Either several years have passed before DC starts or time runs differently in Hell or Chloe is still 15 and her shapeshifting allows her to look 17-18 and her succubus teachers have screwed with her mind so that the memories of her time at Charybdis (and her association with Nina et al.) is extremely fuzzy. Take your pick, unless someone else has the definitive answer.
*Edit: I totally forgot about the boyfriend stealing crossover in MC/EC which involved Dio and Ash and the mind-rapey in-comic slash fic between them. There's probably a good reason for that.
I hope this helps.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Fereshte wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:46 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:37 am

Yes, rant ahoy, sorry.
Perhaps it is wrong to judge, nevertheless, I will - it is a rather unfulfilling narrative when the protagonist actually wants to be a stripper because they are so vain and get off on attention, then believe they will be able to "retire" to a relatively normal Nuclear Family. Typically, when stripping is used in a story, it is usually as a means to an end (pay for university, just make ends meet until one can find a more sustainable occupation*), but making stripping the main goal? Here it doesn't come across as subverting tropes, rather following the laziest and less likeable route.
I hate to be that person, but rant ahoy, sorry too.
So what if a stripper is vain and gets off on attention. So does a ballet dancer, for example. Or an artist. Or a writer. We all have an art and get off on showing it off and getting a reaction (attention) from audiences. Why is a ballet dancer legit but a stripper isn't? And while yes, ballet is very technical and hard work, pole dancing is both difficult and a skill set (to the point that there are pole dancing competitions. It's hard to do and takes lots of work, strength, and dedication). So then the issue is that she's naked? Is it because her body is the piece of art? What if said stripper works hard on her body to keep it lean and strong, and on her music and dance music to keep it interesting and unique? Can it be art then?

That's not to say every stripper is an artist, but some are, and to say that "they're so vain and get off on attention" is to deny that a HUGE part of the population does exactly that everyday. That's a very loose definition of every artist. Or even the rich businessman. Or any politician. You just don't like that stripping involves sexuality, which is fine, but recognize thats your personal hangup. There's nothing inherently wrong with stripping. It just has a bad stigma due to it being a part of sex work. And yes, many strippers can and do retire to become normal, functioning members of society and families. There's nothing wrong with stripping as long as its done by choice, and even better if the person genuinely enjoys it and finds an outlet for creativity and attention.

Do I want that for Teddi? I don't really care. If that's what she/he loves, and does it for enjoyment while also making good money to retire on, then so be it. Granted, like any dancer or athlete, its a job that has an early expiration date and she'll have to figure out what to do with her life after said expiration. Teaching pole dancing classes is always an option, I suppose. That's a legit exercise trend now.
I do see your point.
I didn't mean to generalise all strippers. I don't deny there is an atheletics skill involved with pole dancing. Though, I wasn't using "real world" stripping as a basis for judgment, rather the strip club we've seen in the comic, which seems to be the furthest thing from art (albeit, using offensive stereotypes could count as the art of acting?); nevertheless, the fictionalised version of stripping shown in the strip is purely titilation and sleaze, with the idea of it being "artistic" being quite farcical in this case.
So, to reiterate, I'm not judging real world stripping, only the version that has been used in the comic.