Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

21-03-19 Compromise is possible

Post by Giz »

KaedeKisaragi

Re: 21-03-19 Compromise is possible

Post by KaedeKisaragi »

Predictable really. The whole problem is happening because she didn't bother asking Gary what he wanted. And likely all of her woes will be solved the moment she gets her head out of her ass and TALKS TO HIM.

Maniax

Post by Maniax »

Aaaand it finally happened, I'm sorry but I downright hate Peggy now. Hope Gary won't end up with her, she doesn't deserve him after all this.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I can appreciate "that's the joke" of the fact that Peggy is finally thinking with her usual rational mind, except it is just as she is phantom balls deep in some dude's backside... Neverthleless, not a fan of it - neither the activity (sorry, don't mean to kink shame if that's your thing) nor the fact she found a meat slab to work over.
Still, it is frustrating she is thinking the right things, "can't know Gary's limits until I ask," as well as finally acknowledging that Gary never made any demands or pressure on her. It is good that her mind has become clear, but not exactly through thinking it through, nor actually talking to Gary, instead going on this butt hunt. Yeah, pages to fill, gotta to spin those wheels, but I'd prefer if it didn't have to reach a moment of clarity during this sort of encounter. As noted before, I'm beyond bored of seeing guys getting pegged. Aha. A too long trek, particularly if the destination is some random (maybe volume one or two originated, but basically random) man's arse... Maybe that's the added joke? She had her head up her own backside, so needed to be up someone else's to clear her head?

Anyway, I wonder where this is taking place? It seemed like they were leaving Matt and Yuki's (yuck, that pairing will never feel right) vicinity to somewhere different. Doesn't quite look like a hotel, so I wonder if she and what's his name went back to her place? Gary or even Zii walking in on this seems like the same old shtick that would have been done before, and judging from the "classic" style of the arc, it seems likely to happen again. Granted, perhaps it is his place and next will just be a scene change to entirely different situation and this is the current end of Peggy's "emotional turmoil" plot.

To end on a positive, I'm glad to see the regular Peggy reappear, even if a bit too late for my preference, but she does her characteristic self-analysis and pragmatic look at the situation. And the art is beautiful - even semi-nude Peggy is gorgeous. As for the more nuanced aspects of the art - her body language and expressions helps compliment the return of her normal emotional standard; especially excellent are the cute thinking pose in panel 2 and the Peggy-esque light-hearted exasperation in panel 3.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Maniax wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:03 am
Aaaand it finally happened, I'm sorry but I downright hate Peggy now. Hope Gary won't end up with her, she doesn't deserve him after all this.
There's not really any options in the time we have left unless Peggy returns to see Gary with a girl we've never seen before. The only option I could see is a bookend finale where she returns and Kiley is pegging Gary in the same positions we saw Matt on Dillon in the very first strip.

Seriously though she's really the only viable option because they're both willing to broaden their horizons, but not afraid to settle into a relationship. And I'd really like to see her again before this strip ends.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh dear, poor Adrien. It's a very old visual gag, but putting it into this exact context is very Ma3.

And of course, the fact that she's doing this should tell Peggy that, yes, she's taking a wrong approach to all this. Except possibly to Adrien's butt.

Anyhow, I'm guessing we get Peggy's return to the apartment on Tuesday. Just for the hell of it, if anyone was running a book, I'd put a couple of quid on her finding him in bed with Zii, followed by a flashback from next Thursday on.
Maniax wrote:
I honestly wish that I understood what people find so hate-worthy about Peggy's behaviour in this sequence of strips. I mean, sad, or relatable, or face-palm-worthy, or hilarious -- any of those I could get. But what she's doing in this strip is really the worst thing she's done so far, and even Adrien doesn't have that much to complain about -- except possibly her leaning both elbows on his back in panel 2, which must be kind of uncomfortable for him.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:21 am
Anyway, I wonder where this is taking place?
I'm sure that Matt's place has more than one room. (In fact, we know that it has.) And Matt and Yuki were going at it in the lounge, which faces the front door. So I assume that these two have borrowed the bedroom.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Spidrift,

Maybe to find out why some people find Peggy hate worthy in these last few strips (I don’t get it either), it would be helpful to look at the demographic of posters who do. I am guessing it’s a fairly young group.

Also, in case it’s not coincidence, thank you creative team for bringing Adrien back at my request! 😁😘. viewtopic.php?p=602800#p602797
Last edited by christopheftw on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blood_and_cocopops

Post by blood_and_cocopops »

Why is everyone hateing on Peggy for sticking it in someone who isnt Garry. Peggy and Garry are not in a relationship, and since peggy and Garry have been sleeping with eachother, Garry has also slept with several other people, so clearly he's not treating it as a monogomous relationship either, so why are peoples expectations that she should be even if Gary isn't held to the same expectations?

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Peggy's about-face seems a little awkward, considering how much she was wanting some sex with someone other than Gary. Like, vehemently so. I'm not sure how much of this is her feeling some level of guilt and how much of this is her coming to her senses. I feel a bit sorry for Adrien, but then only a little as I can't ascribe too much respect for him since he is listed in Matt's 'black book'. Sleep with dogs... get fleas, I guess. I did chuckle on the second read through as Peggy was leaning on his backside/back in panel 2; I don't think it would cause him any more discomfort or pressure than the position she is already placing him in prior to leaning on him. It might even tickle more interesting places... no idea. Either way, that jacket has got to go. Talking about other guys during sex and outer wear have to be breaking etiquette. ;)

As to an age demographic, I don't think it has as much to do with age as it does with how one values love and compromise. I don't hate Peggy for her actions, but rather, find it sad. She isn't doing anything technically wrong or immoral, although the argument could be made that she was acting selfishly and possibly being manipulative to Jane and Vince. Gary did not make a formal declaration of love or intent to Peggy. He told her rather sheepishly that he would't consider it settling down to be with her. That being said, it is a hefty thing to come out of Gary's mouth in terms of relationship growth. And as we've seen, receiving the compliment is also a lot for Peggy to handle too. The humor is that she's finding wisdom by staring at another guy's ass and being reminded that monogamy can be hot. And that she needs to ask Gary what he would feel comfortable with - opening dialogue - has always been the weakness of the characters in this web comic.

Give Adrien a good time and have fun, Peggy. He deserves that much at least. Then go home, take a breath and a shower, and talk with Gary.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

so I guess this means we will never see Gary and Zii hook up :(

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I'm not so sure about that. I'm guessing the final panel will be of Peggy heading back to the apartment and walking in on Zii, Gary and Didi involved in a Ménage à 3.

EPIC CLIFFHANGER!

To be continued in the book! Sold separately. :))

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Well the creative team has something coming set in the Ma3verse so I could see a cliffhanger of some kind happen and it will be continued in the new comic project. I'm predicting their new project is a monthly issue type comic set in the Ma3verse but you have to pay for it just like regular comics since the ad revenue model isn't economically feasible anymore.

As for Peggy's continuing dilemma, it's pretty obvious she still wants an open and therefore exciting relationship but Gary wants monogamy and romance. I'm thinking Gary will have to be the one to compromise on his end and accept the fact that monogamy and romance is for other people. I'm predicting the bookend being Gary and Peggy in bed with Peggy talking about inviting a third and possibly fourth person into their bed with the reaction of the third and possibly fourth person in the last panel. Comic as we know it ends. To be continued in "Ma3 Monthly" only $4.99 a month plus tax or a yearly subscription for $49.99 plus tax. :p

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:09 am

Maniax wrote:
I honestly wish that I understood what people find so hate-worthy about Peggy's behaviour in this sequence of strips. I mean, sad, or relatable, or face-palm-worthy, or hilarious -- any of those I could get. But what she's doing in this strip is really the worst thing she's done so far...
From what I can see, it’s from a demographic that feels “women having casual sex is bad!” and that she’s dirtied in some way for having or enjoying casual sex. She’s literally doing nothing wrong, but some people just can’t stand it when a woman has unattached sex. Not much you can do about it except roll your eyes at them. Maybe they’re young or maybe they identify with Gary and feel cheated, despite the fact that Peggy IS NOT CHEATING.

As for realizing what she has with Gary while mid-sex with someone else, that’s very relatable and common. Sometimes you need to find out that what you think you want isn’t what you want at all, and you can only find that out once you have it.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:06 am
There's not really any options in the time we have left unless Peggy returns to see Gary with a girl we've never seen before. The only option I could see is a bookend finale where she returns and Kiley is pegging Gary in the same positions we saw Matt on Dillon in the very first strip.
As much as I would like to see Kiley in the comic one final time I don't think it's in the cards. And since the creative team is working on another comic set in the Ma3verse maybe Kiley will become a recurring character in that comic but I'm not going to hold my breath.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

blood_and_cocopops wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:55 am
Why is everyone hateing on Peggy for sticking it in someone who isnt Garry. Peggy and Garry are not in a relationship, and since peggy and Garry have been sleeping with eachother, Garry has also slept with several other people, so clearly he's not treating it as a monogomous relationship either, so why are peoples expectations that she should be even if Gary isn't held to the same expectations?
It's likely because everyone knows Gary wants the relationship, but Peggy doesn't.