Dangerously Chloe 21-03-19 Beyond Human

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

lordoffiling

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-03-19 Beyond Human

Post by lordoffiling »

This update may set the complaint record from these forums. At least, we’re on course for it so far.

I have rebuttal but honestly, I just don’t care anymore. Y’all clearly get something deeply satisfying out of whining about webcomics, I guess there’s no sense in standing in the way of that.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

brasca

Post by brasca »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 am
This update may set the complaint record from these forums. At least, we’re on course for it so far.

I have rebuttal but honestly, I just don’t care anymore. Y’all clearly get something deeply satisfying out of whining about webcomics, I guess there’s no sense in standing in the way of that.
Yes, and the only positive thing I can see with these webcomics coming to an end is I won't miss how toxic the message board has become.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

I'll readily admit that early in the comic I really wanted Teddy and Chloe to be together, but after everything that's happened I feel like I don't really know the characters anymore or what I want for them. Still curious to see how this works out though.

otaku247

Post by otaku247 »

Valkog wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:45 am
Just because it's a work of fiction, that doesn't mean you have to flat-out lie.
But I think that's exactly the point She is lying and she knows it.

When I first read this update I saw the inset panel where Naomi pauses as she's about to use the key, to look back and think about Chloe, she decides to do the whole "Lying to be noble" Schtick like in Casablanca. I suppose if this is the case it could have been better telegraphed to the readers but as that was my gut feeling when I read it I'm going to think that this is what her intentions are - somehow trying to preserve Chloe's feelings at the expense of her own. That is until a future update clarifies things differently.

<edit> Just to add further weight to my interpretation, Naomi is smart enough that if she really believes that Chloe is his GF then she would have realised that as she took the key, and it could have been drawn with her looking down at the key then up at Chloe and then go into the "I'm not you are" speil. Her approaching God-mode Tedd* then pausing (and rubbing the back of her head in awkward thought - missed that first time around) is to me an indication that she's actually decided to do whats best for Chloe (in her mind at least) and give her the opportunity to release him.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:52 am
Zellgato wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:35 am
Chloe is not his girlfriend. He may or may not like her. same way he may or may not like Naomi. Except that he actually declared and accepted Naomi.
I still swear that Chloe is more like, and is better as, his "awkward idiot big sister" character. (except for the whole sexual nature of it all-which was not actually her control persay).
Teddy never declared and accepted Naomi.
Yes - he did. If he didn't see/accept Naomi as his girlfriend, he would have corrected Chloe in this case when she asked about her. I know they were pressed for time; but it wouldn't have been hard to say 'no, she isn't' - and go from there.

Or are we just going to assume that Teddy is pulling a Gary here and just going along with whatever the girls say because it's easier to agree than argue about it?
She broke the contract when she wanted to go beyond just another date
Again, no - she didn't. They literally only arranged having another date and shared a kiss - that's it.

Like others have pointed out, the only thing needed to break the contract was another girl genuinely falling for Teddy; there was nothing saying Teddy needed to feel the same about her. But the fact Teddy doesn't argue both Naomi or Chloe's assumption that Naomi is his girlfriend indicates he's accepted that she is.
Last edited by Fluffy on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:07 pm
brasca wrote:
Zellgato wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:35 am
Chloe is not his girlfriend. He may or may not like her. same way he may or may not like Naomi. Except that he actually declared and accepted Naomi.
I still swear that Chloe is more like, and is better as, his "awkward idiot big sister" character. (except for the whole sexual nature of it all-which was not actually her control persay).
Teddy never declared and accepted Naomi.

Yes - he did. If he didn't see/accept Naomi as his girlfriend, he would have corrected Chloe in this case when she asked about her.
Teddy acknowledges that she's the girlfriend that nullified the pact, but it remains to be seen how passionate he is about her. Like I said I think they have the potential to be a good couple and Naomi certainly feels strongly enough about Teddy that she was willing to search for him in other dimensions, but for Teddy she might just be a kindered spirit. Teddy has done a lot for Chloe, but would he do the same for Naomi? Naomi seems to think otherwise which is why she's giving her the key.

ven

Post by ven »

lordoffiling wrote:
Yeah, my 103 posts in total since 2012 show how much I must have loved that, but just brushing it off like that is way more easy than actually reading WHY people might not like the last few turns of events.
brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:08 am
Yes, and the only positive thing I can see with these webcomics coming to an end is I won't miss how toxic the message board has become.
Since I'm not here everyday I might have missed out on some of that, but I really don't see how it's toxic to comment about your dislike of the direction of the comic. Most people only complain about stuff they care about, well some just do it to complain because that what they care about, but still..

Granted it's always a little problematic to comment on a webcomic on day to day basis since we can't know if the "punchline" of one day is going to get negated the next day anyway.

Whatever, this turn of event is stupid to even bring up, and it raises a lot of questions. Most of them due to poor writing I would guess and based on what I have seen in other Pixie Trix comics. I don't know why it happens since I don't know the creators good enough to even make a wild guess, but in all the time I'm reading these comics I saw a lot of good ideas, and even more wasted potential and wrapping up the story in the end didn't prove to be their strong suit.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:57 am
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:51 am
The sweet boy is gone because of Chloe.

But, yeah, the curse ended with Naomi being Teddy's girlfriend, however I can see how Naomi considers Chloe, Teddy's real girlfriend.
No, a sweet boy is gone because said sweet boy did something criminal at the very beginning of the story (sneaking into a museum after hours to have a better look at a mechanical duck); which ended up causing him to inadvertently make a deal with the devil (because - guess what? He would rather sell his soul for a girlfriend than to be caught trespassing).

All of this nonsense that happened in Teddy's life is not due to Chloe (she didn't get a say in the contract; she was thrown into it, just as much as Teddy was) - it's due to Teddy's own reckless stupidity that brought Chloe into his life in the first place, making his own life a chaotic Hell, as a result.
Just going to have to disagree. It's not like he knew he was selling his soul. It said make a wish.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:34 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:57 am
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:51 am
The sweet boy is gone because of Chloe.

But, yeah, the curse ended with Naomi being Teddy's girlfriend, however I can see how Naomi considers Chloe, Teddy's real girlfriend.
No, a sweet boy is gone because said sweet boy did something criminal at the very beginning of the story (sneaking into a museum after hours to have a better look at a mechanical duck); which ended up causing him to inadvertently make a deal with the devil (because - guess what? He would rather sell his soul for a girlfriend than to be caught trespassing).

All of this nonsense that happened in Teddy's life is not due to Chloe (she didn't get a say in the contract; she was thrown into it, just as much as Teddy was) - it's due to Teddy's own reckless stupidity that brought Chloe into his life in the first place, making his own life a chaotic Hell, as a result.
Just going to have to disagree. It's not like he knew he was selling his soul. It said make a wish.
Actually it said Teddy formed a blood pact with it before demanding Teddy make his wish.

Booming voice coming from a demonic statue that referred to itself by a very peculiar name, demanding a wish from a mortal boy after said boy inadvertently made a blood pact with it. You're right - there was absolutely nothing foreboding about the situation that would have told Teddy that making a wish at the behest of an inanimate object would have been a very bad idea. :|

To be clear - it's not that I don't understand why Teddy made that wish (he's technically his sister's guardian in his father's absence and couldn't afford getting caught by the museum's security; so felt pressured into making the wish so as to avoid being detected); it's more of the annoyance that some forumites consider Teddy to be completely blameless in this entire adventure when he was - in fact - the catalyst that started it all by being in a place he knew he had no business being at.

Chloe (and everyone else) may have made Teddy's life a literal Hell; but Teddy is far from infallible in this mess; especially after he was forcibly turned into a girl (which - btw - also only happened because of his own foolish actions). All the choices he made after that moment were all on him - no one else.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

brasca wrote:
lordoffiling wrote:

Ah, come on, you guys. We all know you can't cum if you don't preemptively complain about our venom on a daily basis. You can't fool me. ;)

I'm being a little bit of a wise-ass, but if you really didn't want to see any complaints, you would have put us all on mute years ago. All this nested complaining is obviously just part of the shared forum experience.
**== **== **== **==

Balancer

Post by Balancer »

Go fuck yourself.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

brasca wrote:
Teddy never declared and accepted Naomi. She broke the contract when she wanted to go beyond just another date and I think under normal circumstances they could be a couple as much as they could be under the abnormal ones they find themselves in now.

I agree that Teddy may see Chloe more as a big sister than a girlfriend. Teddy and Teddi have done a lot to save her life and I personally think there was more chemistry with Alchemy throughout this journey. Chloe on the other hand has displayed some jealousy from time to time regarding Teddy and was actually heartbroken when he got a girlfriend.

Naomi is right about Chloe being dumb here, but not because she can't see that Teddy loves her, but that she loves Teddy and maybe we'll find out for sure who Teddy really loves once the collar is removed so don't give up hope just yet.
http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... ber-on-you
That is true he never said "you're my girlfriend" but the parameters of the contract was "girlfriend" not "date" right? (or am I mis remembering?). So the contract wouldn't have broken unless Ted/di also thought of her as a girlfriend-not a date. He does look surprised there though. but we can't see what his thinking was. but I can't see another way the contract works if not monitoring their innerself. We've had several characters express the word "date" when it came to them bangaranging half the school over time. But it only turned off when he had formed an emotional (albiet quickly) connection ovre their shared "wtf magic world" experiences.

As an extra sidenote about that page back there. Was the contract mark only ever on "ted" and not "teddi" after they split bodies?
----
I still, rather think, that this will end up with Ted/di making multiple versions of Ted. that probably will be able to toggle on and off the hive mind effect.

I do really like Naomi though. As a character. She's my favorite in this series now. Alchemy is next
So I'm voting for her.
though I am also going "man might be a better life far from that whole situation" but not like Naomi isn't being dragged into shenangans on her own (i can not remember how that started atm).

Alchemy and Naomi are fun characters who sadly haven't interacted much I think.
I also really like Chloe and Ted as "family" like sibling situation version?
I also think that would be healthier for all involved (except their mom and the mom's sister at this point whose lives are probably still burning abit)

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

This forum feels pretty bad to me. Like I've definitely seen worse but for PixieTrix comics, I believe the DC forum has been the most negative/angry/disappointed/rude/snide/upset of them all for definitely the longest period of time. I got way too exhausted commenting and just decided to read what people have to say and keep my opinions to myself much more often.

[EDIT] Right, what happened this update doesn't surprise me. I'm just sad for Teddy, his sister, and everyone else impacted by hurricane Chloe. Maybe things would have been better for all had she just had her first time with some a-hole and killed him like apparently every other woman of her species does.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Valkog wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:12 pm
brasca wrote:
lordoffiling wrote:

Ah, come on, you guys. We all know you can't cum if you don't preemptively complain about our venom on a daily basis. You can't fool me. ;)

I'm being a little bit of a wise-ass, but if you really didn't want to see any complaints, you would have put us all on mute years ago. All this nested complaining is obviously just part of the shared forum experience.
Not you personally, but there have been others. And conversely if so many people hate this webcomic why do they keep reading it?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:23 pm
And conversely if so many people hate this webcomic why do they keep reading it?
Because as some of us have said before (repeatedly, btw) - when a person spends so much time invested in a comic (that started off promising with likable characters and a decent plot), it's not that easy to just drop it when the plot/characters go to sh*t. Whether we like or not, some of us are here 'til the bitter end because our morbid curiosity wants to see how it ends - and we have just as much right to voice our thoughts on an update as others do.

There's also the fact that - unless I missed something in the forum rules - this forum is not a hug box/echo chamber for the writer/artist - criticism is welcomed just as much as praise is.

Certain people don't like all the 'whining/complaining/unjust hate' some of us share? Add the offensive parties names to your foes list, and your problem is solved. :-bd