Dangerously Chloe 28-02-19 Final Chapter Whatever Happened to Teddy Decarlo

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Error of Logic

Re: Dangerously Chloe 28-02-19 Final Chapter Whatever Happened to Teddy Decarlo

Post by Error of Logic »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:01 am
You, i'm pretty much disappointed we never got to see Teddy's and Abby's mom.

I wish they would tell us why she left the kids, especially with someone that's never home.
That would have been nice...

Haaa… What I can say during this, the final chapter, is I really miss original Chloe... She was much more interesting.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

I'm still wondering what was the point of the transfer to Tartarus U? :-\

That isn't a dig at the comic, it's an honest question. According to Chloe, it was supposed to teach her how to control her powers so she'd no longer pose a threat to her friends. But, instead of improving, she's gotten worse on both fronts. The meta reason was to give her her own comic, but she quickly faded into the background and went back to being a bit character.

She might as well have just stayed at Charybdis.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:30 pm
Cortez wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:01 am
You, i'm pretty much disappointed we never got to see Teddy's and Abby's mom.

I wish they would tell us why she left the kids, especially with someone that's never home.

Haaa… What I can say during this, the final chapter, is I really miss original Chloe... She was much more interesting.
Notice how Chloe reacted when she thought she paired up siblings. Even being a demon who is born for sexual debauchery, she finds the idea squicky/horrifying.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

tanonev wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:08 am
Chloe deserves all the As from Slash-Stab because she managed to so thoroughly ruin Teddy that even the forumgoers hate him and blame him for everything and forget that, chronologically speaking, this all started with Chloe drugging Teddy's and Abby's dad and their aunt into sleeping with each other, breaking up their parents as a result, oh, and permanently brainwashing Jacqui for good measure. Now THAT is an impressive succubus.

I love Chloe* but she literally ruined his entire life. She turned his human 12 year old sister into a succubus. Pandora, enough said there. And even Jacqui, who barely entered her radar was literally permanently changed with no idea it happened due to external forces of magic......Look at Teddi on the previous page. Volume one Teddi absolutely would not have wanted all of this to happen. Heh, I'm so used to how he was for so long I forgot originally it was TeddY.

It's clear Sgt Slash-Stab values chaos>bringing souls. All A's indeed.

*Chloe from EC and maybe first volume of this comic.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:56 pm

That isn't a dig at the comic, it's an honest question. According to Chloe, it was supposed to teach her how to control her powers so she'd no longer pose a threat to her friends. But, instead of improving, she's gotten worse on both fronts. The meta reason was to give her her own comic, but she quickly faded into the background and went back to being a bit character.

She might as well have just stayed at Charybdis.
Perhaps her mother was more concerned about the harm she'd do to other cryptids. Since succubi inevitably harm or kill humans she wasn't worried about what Chloe would do to them, but wanted her to learn how to control her powers to avoid any run-ins with angels or cryptid hunters.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:58 pm
Perhaps her mother was more concerned about the harm she'd do to other cryptids.
Jacqui's a fellow cryptid and we saw the damage Chloe's done there. She's also been using her powers in broad daylight, which eventually drew the attention of two trainee slayers, who said they were going to report the situation at the DeCarlo residence to the faculty at AA.

So, if trying to spare fellow cryptids and avoiding slayers was Chloe and Adora's intention, then Chloe's already failed.

leann123

Post by leann123 »

I feel so bad for Teddy. His life has been utterly ruined ever since meeting Chloe.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:56 pm

That isn't a dig at the comic, it's an honest question. According to Chloe, it was supposed to teach her how to control her powers so she'd no longer pose a threat to her friends. But, instead of improving, she's gotten worse on both fronts.
Well she did at the very least learn how to feed without leaving her prey comatose (aside from when it came to Teddy), and she also gained better mastery of her powers overall (i.e. learning to do on her own a lot of the things that she originally needed the Doompanties for).

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

leann123 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:28 am
I feel so bad for Teddy. His life has been utterly ruined ever since meeting Chloe.
Teddy was already doing that before he met Chloe. Remember page 1?
Varanus wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:15 am
Well she did at the very least learn how to feed without leaving her prey comatose (aside from when it came to Teddy), and she also gained better mastery of her powers overall (i.e. learning to do on her own a lot of the things that she originally needed the Doompanties for).
Aside from altering her size and changing her appearance, I don't recall her doing much else properly. :-\

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:40 am
brasca wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:58 pm
Perhaps her mother was more concerned about the harm she'd do to other cryptids.
Jacqui's a fellow cryptid and we saw the damage Chloe's done there. She's also been using her powers in broad daylight, which eventually drew the attention of two trainee slayers, who said they were going to report the situation at the DeCarlo residence to the faculty at AA.

So, if trying to spare fellow cryptids and avoiding slayers was Chloe and Adora's intention, then Chloe's already failed.
I theorized that it was Adora Love's motivation. I never said it was completely successful.
Gotoh wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:04 am
leann123 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:28 am
Teddy was already doing that before he met Chloe. Remember page 1?
There's a world of difference between what happened and what could've been. At worse Teddy would've been caught breaking into a museum and while there'd be some legal trouble he's a minor so it's not like he'd be going to jail. Moreover, the breaking-an-entry might boost his popularity at school.
Gotoh wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:40 am
Varanus wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:15 am
Aside from altering her size and changing her appearance, I don't recall her doing much else properly. :-\
I don't recall her teleporting in Eerie Cuties. That's a good skill to have.

The problem with Chloe is she could be a great succubus if her heart was really in it. She's done a lot of damage it's true, but she means well and really doesn't want to hurt or kill people. I'm not sure if Tartarus Academy can do anything about that and even if Ilsa was successful she wouldn't be the same Chloe.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:30 pm

Those two strips really make me feel bad for her. Not only did she find out her husband was cheating on her, she finds out he's cheating on her with his sister. AMD unlike us, she doesn't know they are under influence of a succubus.

And we never did find out if the sisters where able to patch things up or of Chloe permanently destroyed that relationship.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Regarding his parents, Teddy did claim they were happier divorced (hence why he didn't want Chloe to try to fix things), though we never saw evidence for this claim (other than some indications from his dad that he was a cheat even without Chloe's influence).

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:22 am
I theorized that it was Adora Love's motivation. I never said it was completely successful.
Saying it wasn't a "complete" success, implies she's been partially successful. I'm saying Chloe has failed at both aspects.
brasca wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:22 am
At worse Teddy would've been caught breaking into a museum and while there'd be some legal trouble he's a minor so it's not like he'd be going to jail.
Wanna bet? Minors can (and have been) legally prosecuted as adults, depending on the crime and the circumstances, especially if they're a repeat offender.

Teddy was guilty of breaking and entering, trespassing, and attempting to tamper with a presumably priceless artifact. I doubt he would've been let off with only a slap on the wrist. In a realistic setting, he'd be looking at at least 1-2 years in juvenile detention, if not an actual adult prison sentence. Which would've left Abby as a legal ward of Thornhill, since she isn't old enough to care for herself and Teddy was unemployed at the time.

So he was well on jis way to ruining his own life, without Chloe. All she did was add fuel to the fire.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Varanus wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:54 pm
Regarding his parents, Teddy did claim they were happier divorced (hence why he didn't want Chloe to try to fix things), though we never saw evidence for this claim (other than some indications from his dad that he was a cheat even without Chloe's influence).
And again, we never saw or been told what happened to the aunt, she obviously didn't stay with Lance.

dmra

Post by dmra »

So much Chloe hate and so little gratitude for the person who saved the entire human race from extinction. http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/Boobs_go_away!

And yes I know she didn't mean to do it but if she's going to get blamed for doing bad things unintentionally then she ought to get some credit for doing good things by accident too surely!