Dangerously Chloe 21-02-19 Doing God Stuff

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

BioYuGi

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-02-19 Doing God Stuff

Post by BioYuGi »

This is like if, after Gollum and the ring were thrown into the fires of Mount Doom, Pippin showed up and threw the ring back on Frodo's finger. We were THERE, the conflict was over and now you've ruined everything for your sake of morality that you can't have because you're a succubus and you've been trained to ruin marriages and kill virgins since you were 10.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

MissMadness wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:07 am
I will be honest. No Ilsa is the match the lit the fire that ruined Teddy's life, Chloe started the fire and teddies own actions made it worst but you really can't deny if Slash and Stab wasn't involved. We probably wouldn't have this story in the first place.
Chloe ruined Teddy's life all on her own. Ilsa didn't even know what Chloe had been up to, or why she hadn't returned yet, 'til the damage had already been done. All Ilsa did was allow Chloe to remain with the DeCarlo Family.

Even the contract was Chloe's fault because it was her bright idea to take Abby to see Ilsa (rather than somewhere safe), remember?
MissMadness wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:07 am
In the perceptive of teenage god who focused on Chloe and Abby, she given them more then enough reason to kill her.
Not unless you consider allowing Chloe to live with them to be justification for her death. In which case, what's Chloe's sentence? :-\

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well, Chloe messed up the DeCarlos because she's a dimwit. What Slash-Stab did to them, she did with malice aforethought. Remember when Teddy first came to Hell and she first tried to have him consigned to eternal torment and next mentally scarred him?

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

dmra wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:11 pm
Let's be fair. Teddy is killing somebody because they said "no" to him and he thinks it's OK because he can just create a more compliant version of them afterwards.

I wonder why somebody might think he needs stopping.
See, and I find this highly accurate in context. He’s a god (at the moment) and gods think differently than mortals. They don’t “murder” in the same way we do because they don’t interpret death in the same way. This one comment makes me believe he’s more god than mortal in this moment and he’s thinking like one. Get what he wants from the mortal and move on. Death isn’t an end but an in between. Creating beings compliant with his divine will is pretty run of the mill god stuff.

What really bothers me is 1) what kind of divine relic is that collar that it should work on a god and 2) ...nope. That’s my big question. What kind of magic can contain a god?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'm hoping it won't be able to, and Teddi/y and Chloe will actually be forced to talk things through.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Fereshte wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:42 pm
What really bothers me is 1) what kind of divine relic is that collar that it should work on a god and 2) ...nope. That’s my big question. What kind of magic can contain a god?
It is of course entirely possible that Teddy's godly powers don't include either omnipotence or omniscience. His powers may be much more limited than he seems to think or than he knows. Resurrecting an improved Ilsa may be more of a boast than an attainable feat. It certainly wouldn't be the first time in this comic that he has thought a lot more highly of his abilities than he really should.

And gods, small "g" ones anyway, and invulnerability have a mixed history. Being killed by the divine wolf Fenrir is one thing as a means of death but dying after being hit by a sprig of mistletoe is something else altogether.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well, in fairness it was a sprig of mistletoe shaped into a weapon by Loki, who is acknowledged as one of the craftiest and knowledgeable of the Aesir (if only by adoption), and fired by Hödr, who in spite of his blindness was still a son of Odin and Frigg, and noted to be "of sufficient strength" among the Aesir.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Fereshte wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:42 pm

Maybe it's the same case like it is in the Silent Hill games - where you can take down Gods/Demons with every day weapons.

I.e. - they're stupidly weak Gods that can be easily defeated; despite the supposed divine gifts they possess.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Alternatively, it works because Teddy has succubus DNA.
Ilsa also wasn't exactly twisting Abby's arm to sign that contract

Because she's a child. There's a reason kids can't legally concent to a contract.
So there'd be no problem if he killed Chloe, Pandora or Abby who are all currently demons?
After the Valentine's arc? Yeah.

And Abby is a Mortal turned demon that hasn't done anything yet.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

They... broke up some couples on Valentines Day, that is worthy of a death sentence to you??

Please don’t run for office.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

dmra

Post by dmra »

Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:24 pm
Well, in fairness it was a sprig of mistletoe shaped into a weapon by Loki, who is acknowledged as one of the craftiest and knowledgeable of the Aesir (if only by adoption), and fired by Hödr, who in spite of his blindness was still a son of Odin and Frigg, and noted to be "of sufficient strength" among the Aesir.
I was being a bit flippant about the story I'll admit. But the basis of it was still that the Norse gods went and asked every material to agree not to harm Baldr but not mistletoe for some reason. So the real take away point is that any worldly material was capable of killing one of the gods.

In a similar vein Diomedes wounded Aphrodite and Ares in one day at Troy using human weapons.

So the idea that gods (as opposed to God) are invulnerable or immortal isn't always true.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:26 am
Well, Chloe messed up the DeCarlos because she's a dimwit. What Slash-Stab did to them, she did with malice aforethought.
"Dimwit" describes characters like Cess, Laura, and Nina. They make minor screw-ups, the kind you can laugh about. What Chloe's done goes well beyond that, she ripped a family apart and ruined another friend's life. She makes a better ifrit than Laura and outdoes Tia at causing chaos.
Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:26 am
Remember when Teddy first came to Hell and she first tried to have him consigned to eternal torment and next mentally scarred him?
Yes, but those actions were directed solely at Teddy, not his entire family. I can understand him being angry over it, if that's what was fuelling his rage, but it isn't. He's upset over Abby's contract with her, which was because of Chloe's decision to bring Abby to Ilsa.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

True, but it was Slash-Stab who decided to contract with the little idiot -- and given the favourable terms she gave her, that more than likely was aimed at making Teddy/i even more miserable.
dmra wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:50 pm
Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:24 pm
I was being a bit flippant about the story I'll admit. But the basis of it was still that the Norse gods went and asked every material to agree not to harm Baldr but not mistletoe for some reason. So the real take away point is that any worldly material was capable of killing one of the gods.

In a similar vein Diomedes wounded Aphrodite and Ares in one day at Troy using human weapons.

So the idea that gods (as opposed to God) are invulnerable or immortal isn't always true.
No arguments here. Still, even if they weren't invulnerable, they could be tricky to actually put down.
And even if some plucky mortal did manage to seriously inconvenience one of the gods, they'd usually discover the rest of the gods turning on them.

meps98

Post by meps98 »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:05 pm
Yes, but those actions were directed solely at Teddy, not his entire family. I can understand him being angry over it, if that's what was fuelling his rage, but it isn't. He's upset over Abby's contract with her, which was because of Chloe's decision to bring Abby to Ilsa.
Teddy does not face Ilsa with neutral feelings towards her. All his prior experiences with her directly and his knowledge about her actions to screw up his life all color his initial attitude when this particular confrontation occurs. Not only does she not do what he demands but tells him, in no uncertain terms, to piss off. For the first time in their history, Teddy has the upper hand so he wields it with vigor. In fact, he is showing a certain amount of restraint because he could probably snap his fingers and she would wink out of existence. Perhaps it's because he needs her to be the one who destroys the contact with Abby (the exact rules have not been explained to us).

Teddy's behavior has to be judged considering the totality of the circumstances. The Contact issue is just one part.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

That is true, he could have killed her instantly if he really wanted to.
lordoffiling wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:52 pm
They... broke up some couples on Valentines Day, that is worthy of a death sentence to you??
Respectfully, you must not remember much of that arc if you thought that's all they did.

And you're also forgetting that they did all that with purely petty motivations. Everything they do is to torment humans and bring them misery. Ruining people's lives make them happy, they get a kick out of breaking up happy couples, something they do easily because of their pheromones. Which also means these people aren't in their right minds.

And no offense, but it's like you forgot we are talking about Demons. When they die, they'll just go back to hell.

The Demons haven't been all that sympathetic, except maybe Chloe.
Last edited by Cortez on Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.