Dangerously Chloe 18-02-19 Come Up in the World

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 18-02-19 Come Up in the World

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Teddy's ascension to God-hood destroys part of Tartarus Academy! He then demands that Sgt, Slash-Stab tear up Abby's infernal contact!

brasca

Re: Dangerously Chloe 18-02-19 Come Up in the World

Post by brasca »

Walked into that one didn't you Ilsa?

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Guess it's no big deal if the explosion happens in hell.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Low key hoping Ilsa doesn't submit or has a card up her sleeve that trumps even Teddy's newfound god status.

Because, seriously - nothing sucks worse than god/god-like characters; especially when they get these powers by sheer luck.
Last edited by Fluffy on Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

brasca wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:38 am
Walked into that one didn't you Ilsa?
And seems like she's in genuine pain, not fun kinky pain.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:58 am
Low key hoping Ilsa doesn't submit/has a card up her sleeve that trumps even Teddy's newfound god status.

Because, seriously - nothing sucks worse than god/god-like characters; especially when they get these powers by sheer luck.
Well the plan does seem to depend on the idea that if the contract no longer physically exists then it's somehow broken. But simply destroying a contract doesn't mean that it wasn't signed just that there's no longer any evidence of the signature.

Besides Abby signed it voluntarily and quite eagerly. She wasn't tricked into doing it but actively wanted to. So I'm not sure what right accidentally become a god brother has to tear it up in the first place.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

The right of might it seems.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

We would generally not consider a minor's signature on a contract valid, as we presume minors are not sophisticated enough to understand what they are signing - that probably applies to Abby, here.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Wonder if the other students of the Academy were terribly injured? Oh well, just collateral damage...

Ambivalent about the Teddy god form - seems a bit of a patchwork abomination instead of something celestial. I guess, at best it is akin to an OC Vishnu? And the one bent wing sort of undermines the symmetry of the figure, but anything it takes to cover whatever is beneath it is acceptable (though, couldve folded both wings for balance and give the impression of a "godly" robe).

Don't know if torture will work; although, just because Pandora is an extreme masochist, doesn't mean Slash-stab is one, too. Perhaps magical lightning inflicts pain that is impossible to be "enjoyable?" On a tangent, for a character with such a list of flaws, adding torture to it makes Teddy... well, I guess inflicting pain against an objectively evil demon is arguably a righteous deed, even if it the fact of using torture further undermines what little morality left that could be scraped out of Ted.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:58 am
Low key hoping Ilsa doesn't submit or has a card up her sleeve that trumps even Teddy's newfound god status.

Also, I'm hoping that Illsa doesn't end up enjoying it, thereby leading to yet another done to death kind of scene in this series.

I think god/god-like characters can work, given sufficient world building and character development, but that certainly isn't the case here, and like you said, not when it is achieved by the dumbest of dumb luck.

dmra

Post by dmra »

FuzzyFace wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:21 am
We would generally not consider a minor's signature on a contract valid, as we presume minors are not sophisticated enough to understand what they are signing - that probably applies to Abby, here.
Which has always been a bit of a flaw in that story line if we assume that Hellish contracts work on the same basic rules as human ones. But there's no in comic evidence that that is the case.

Chloe's reaction when she over heard Abby being offered the chance to become a succubus could just have been because she didn't want Abby changing or it could be because she thought that there would be something in the contract which would do her harm further down the line. We've never been told what price Abby was being asked to pay or even if there was a price.

And in any event if the contract isn't considered binding what is the point in destroying it?

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

"At least you the kept important part"
Is Teddi going hook up with Chloe in god mode? Seems like he only kept one of his male characteristics and this would be the one situation where Chloe couldn't kill him in her succubus rage.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

I’m really confused why Teddy’s final form, or god form, is female. Does Teddy now really see himself as Teddi? Is he more comfortable and happy being a she? Because if he’s a god, wouldn’t he have the power to pick his dominant body, and wouldn’t he go with what feels natural? So I’m guessing her preference is she now, which is fine but also feels like it’s done purely for ascetic reasons.

ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

Fereshte wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:52 am
I’m really confused why Teddy’s final form, or god form, is female. Does Teddy now really see himself as Teddi? Is he more comfortable and happy being a she? Because if he’s a god, wouldn’t he have the power to pick his dominant body, and wouldn’t he go with what feels natural? So I’m guessing her preference is she now, which is fine but also feels like it’s done purely for ascetic reasons.
You're assuming female... which is not the only answer possible. This form might be hermaphrodite, with a full set of both genders as well as divine and infernal power.

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

Based on what Ilsa said it probably has a penis. So feminine frame with breasts + masculine privates. Kind of like that-one-antagonist-of-Devilman-Crybaby.