Dangerously Chloe 11-02-19 Are You Nuts

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 11-02-19 Are You Nuts

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! As the two Teddies' holy reunion re-continues, Naomi tries to get Abby and Prudence out of the danger area... with a little help from Pandora.

brasca

Re: Dangerously Chloe 11-02-19 Are You Nuts

Post by brasca »

Well Naomi two out of the three have wings and know how to fly so there's that.

So it looks like we're going to end up with one Teddy and not multiple ones not that this will put an end to griping about this ripping off Magick Chicks ending.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I wonder what God Teddy will look like.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

I'm guess that Teddy-the-god will have sufficient control of shapeshifting as to be able to appear like his old self.

Is anybody going to save the strippers?

brasca

Post by brasca »

FuzzyFace wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:53 am
I'm guess that Teddy-the-god will have sufficient control of shapeshifting as to be able to appear like his old self.

Is anybody going to save the strippers?
Charity can manage that. Since she's got her angelic powers back she can just teleport them all out.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Other than the copy and paste of the same surprised face (and other seeming copy and paste examples in the subsequent panels), nothing especially wrong with this update. Well, the smashing through walls looks a bit silly, and it is a bit vexing that it is a plot point that should've been completed a while ago, since nothing after it was relevant or interesting - though, making a bond with Naomi was admittedly an exception, regardless of how I don't think it was executed well.

Anyways, I guess Prudence can't fly because her halo is absent, and Abby can't fly because she's useless.
A tad odd that Pandora is trying to save the group since she only knows Abby well enough to arguably care about (true, she is being held by Naomi, so maybe it is just simpler to draw Pandora grabbing Naomi), but also has otherwise been so self-indulgent that an act of selflessness seems out of character. Could be a spur of the moment thing, so nothing especially wrong with it happening.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Yakno.. again. Naomi is the only decent human I like. (not saying everyones crap. Just she's the only one that feels legit decent good natured regardless of whether its beneficial or not to be)
I wonder if Naomi put herself in there. or if Fusion-T did it. I like to think Naomi, with her special set of skills, Actually learned how to put herself back in. I notice they leapt out without the Halo. I wonder if that's going to bite the angel girl later?
Not sure if that is why the angel girl isn't flying? Or can she not fly normally?

Interesting detail. Its Ted not Teddi or both talking to Naomi. I wonder if thats related to his view of their relationship, or because its reverting to purely male ted? Or I guess, fairly likely, will be a gender fluid nephlam style ted.
Dang Ted/di. I think I was right. They did not think through things much. I can't really believe their plan was to stuff naomi in and have her rescue. Instead I feel like they forgot what this was like really, and ended up going for what they could to save folks. More so considering, it seems like he threw everyone but his sis, naomi, and the random angel in the room under the bus. I suppose he could be expecting the other one to rescue the extras..but whats his plan with Chloe in the blast radius? I don't think he cares about his step mom (Pandora) or ...step grandma? though. Considering he told Naomi to save them, I'm assuming either he didn't save up enough power to control it (which.. honestly is a weird concept. more power to control too much power), or he just hadn't thought it through
I still think this, along with a lot of what they've been doing lately is a self gratifiaction thing? Wanting to be the hero complex, combined with literal magic reveals, and their own world breaking and fracturing. Results in insanely lost and life risking. Which... is fairly normal for a tramatised person his age.
I'm thinking this whole fusion thing will result in him being completely normal again though. Like meet and great the big powers, then returned to normal with some course correction continuation of every day life. If this follows relatively normal story structure. I still sorta hope for the outside random insanity ending though. Simply because of how many spoons are in the pot so to speak.

I think it is within Pandora's sorta personality. She is definitely casually evil. But, she has, generally, when it came to dangers, risks of death, and random danger in front of her, she has acted. I'd say she's "fun neutral" she'll do what she wants if its fun, evil or good. But. She also doesn't enjoy see other's evil. She, kind of like Chloe, seems fairly neutral. except her idea of fun and pleasure was taught to her by her mom. Her mom whose job is to teach and or torture new recruit succubi. But. also regularly pulls them out of doom/gloom/death. So she picked up the habit of gaining pleasure from being rough. But also has the habit of rescuing if it comes to it. And of course later punishing them or lording it over their heads for benefits

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Aw, phooey. Pandora is leaving the blast zone.

nottere

Post by nottere »

It's a shame, I feel like I would have enjoyed the two Teddies ending here more than the two Mels in Magick Chicks.

Master of 7s

Post by Master of 7s »

Naomi has a salient point. Are those wing just vestigial or what?

dmra

Post by dmra »

Well back in the early days of the comic Chloe was able to fly while carrying Teddy so you'd think that it shouldn't be too much of a problem for the three of them to get themselves and Naomi down to the ground safely.

On the other hand we did see Charity literally push Prudence out of Heaven and Abby struggling to fly so maybe they're both too young or inexperienced to have mastered flying for themselves let alone while carrying a substantial load.

meps98

Post by meps98 »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:26 am

A tad odd that Pandora is trying to save the group since she only knows Abby well enough to arguably care about (true, she is being held by Naomi, so maybe it is just simpler to draw Pandora grabbing Naomi), but also has otherwise been so self-indulgent that an act of selflessness seems out of character. Could be a spur of the moment thing, so nothing especially wrong with it happening.
Maybe Pandora's taking the opportunity to escape in all the chaos. That's more her style. Catching the first train out of there no matter where or how it's going.

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

Naomi, the lone voice of reason in a world without it.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Mordhaus wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:05 am
Naomi, the lone voice of reason in a world without it.
Not quite. She’s got a head on her shoulders and yet after everything that’s happened she still thinks it’s aliens and not the super natural.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Like so many things, reason can be relative.
In this corner of the EC/DC-verse, an alien conspiracy theorist can easily be the most reasonable person for miles around.