Dangerously Chloe 21-01-19 How Far Exactly

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

dmra

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-01-19 How Far Exactly

Post by dmra »

From the snippets we've seen in the background Prudence has done quite a good job of keeping Naomi alive. Of course it was her incompetence that led to Naomi getting into trouble in the first place but even so.

Charity did stop Teddy/i from exploding and bringing about the massive death count that Alchemy was predicting but other than that I'm struggling to think of the last time an angel did anything that Heaven might want to boast about.

brasca

Post by brasca »

dmra wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:08 pm
From the snippets we've seen in the background Prudence has done quite a good job of keeping Naomi alive. Of course it was her incompetence that led to Naomi getting into trouble in the first place but even so.

Charity did stop Teddy/i from exploding and bringing about the massive death count that Alchemy was predicting but other than that I'm struggling to think of the last time an angel did anything that Heaven might want to boast about.
Is there anything He’ll can boast about? Aside from that Valentines Day stunt there’s nothing particularly spectacular about their accomplishments.

dmra

Post by dmra »

If anything the Valentine's Day arc proves that Hell is better at it's job than Heaven. Where were the angels supporting couples and showing the value of love while Succubi were running free breaking them up?

Beyond that
Pandora before her introduction managed to trick her way into Heaven, evade capture despite being on their wanted list get an angel as a boyfriend and marry a human being. She also managed to sneak into Heaven twice more once with Abby and then to get angel's blood for Teddi. Not to mention she's been secretly taking and selling material of Teddi. Plus - according to the creators she did a lot of that as part of a pre-planned prank on Teddi.

Abby has been won over to being a succubus and is showing every sign of enjoying it.

Ilsa is generally regarded by most posters as being effective as some of the comments here show.

All in all I'd say that puts Hell pretty far ahead on the score sheet.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Except, for all her effectiveness, Slash-Stab was worried about 'angelic hit-squads' if the rules got violated too far.

It puts me in mind of two quotes from Terry Pratchett's the Truth: "A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on" and "The truth has got its boots on; it's about to start kicking."
The angels shown so far have not been marvels of military discipline or even intelligence, true. But it is not unthinkable that, if the demons go too far, become too blatant, and the angels catch on... Well. Remember how Charity flared up when she thought Pandora was abducting Prudence? Now imagine a whole strike-force of angels filled with that kind of righteous outrage and packing the kind of weaponry we've seen even little Prudence wield.

It may not happen often, it may never happen in the run of this comic (no matter how much I wish it did), but if and when it does, a bunch of demons trained for seduction and sneak attacks (and whose overall intelligence has not been that admirable, either) would probably go down faster than a chihuahua with a lung infection.

dmra

Post by dmra »

I wasn't taking sides in the oldest struggle of all just commenting on what we've seen in the strips so far. I'm sure there are far more powerful and competent being in the DC Heaven just that we haven't seen them. And I think that was possibly a missed opportunity. Early Prudence had inventing skills that haven't been followed up on. Charity had a downright sadistic streak and Zachuriel (apart from his taste in demons) seemed competent and sensible enough.

A few more arcs like the one about Abby going to Heaven to "rescue" Prudence could have made things a bit more interesting than the focus on the sexcapades of Teddi we got instead.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

A thought occurs.

Gods and goddesses draw upon the power of their worshippers in most fictions. Might we see such an event in this canon?

I’m looking at you, Ginger and Jordan. You two look like the Sex Lord’s two first disciples to me.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Error of Logic wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 pm

The angels shown so far have not been marvels of military discipline or even intelligence, true. But it is not unthinkable that, if the demons go too far, become too blatant, and the angels catch on... Well. Remember how Charity flared up when she thought Pandora was abducting Prudence? Now imagine a whole strike-force of angels filled with that kind of righteous outrage and packing the kind of weaponry we've seen even little Prudence wield.
Then the question is - with all the chaos the demons have managed to pull on Earth during the entire run of this comic - what would the Angels consider 'taking things too far'?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Apparently messing with time travel, intruding on Heaven or abducting a fellow angel in front of witnesses.

Most of the chaos so far has affected individuals and small groups. Whatever it is may need to have large-scale repercussions -- such as endangering the continuum with time travel.