Dangerously Chloe 21-01-19 How Far Exactly

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 21-01-19 How Far Exactly

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! Teddi tricks Ilsa into revealing Chloe's location inside Tartarus Academy, while Teddy sends Jordan and Ginger on a mission of their own.

brasca

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-01-19 How Far Exactly

Post by brasca »

Two heads are better than one! Especially when they are telepathically linked.

It's good to see Teddy and Teddi using that brain of theirs to outsmart Ilsa, but it remains to be seen if she's really been duped and not just playing along. There's the possibility that Abby told Ilsa about that.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Well, well, Teddi and Ted had a plan after all. I'll give them credit for that. (Still makes earlier... Oh, whatever, doesn't matter).

Charity truly has fallen. Maybe the succubus that looks similar to her will become an angel to redress the balance?
Regardless of that conjecture, doesn't seem like Charity has become a better entity from interacting with Teddi/Ted; discovering one's sexual identity after who knows how long of self-repression, just randomly hooking up with any piece of ass because she evidently can't control her libido is another.
Perhaps the possible centuries of self-repression explains the now uncontrollable lust, but that doesn't make it a, I don't know, justifiable development? Repression is certainly awful, though maybe - if any credit is due - Charity's betrayal of not only her morals but loyalty is an intentional portrayal of the idea that someone being repressed cannot be *liberated* by someone (Teddi) who has practically no restrictions; so, instead of gradually discovering her true sexual nature, Charity's lust is just unleashed without abandon. Mentos plus Diet Coke, if you will.
So, in spite of earning some credit for having an actual plan, the comic can't help but fall back on its tired, old shtick of sex jokes (albeit, relatively tame in this case). Despite that, I guess it is worth reiterating that it is good the writers finally implement the two mentally-linked Ted's in an actually useful plot sense.

brasca

Post by brasca »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:35 am
Charity truly has fallen. Maybe the succubus that looks similar to her will become an angel to redress the balance?
You seriously think Lucretia is a better person than Charity? As far as we know Charity hasn't even gotten to second base with a human or succubus meanwhile Zachuriel has had sex repeatedly with Pandora. Even impersonating her doesn't seem like much of an option since Charity cut her hair. I still suspect she'll put on that unnamed succubus' uniform and masquerade as a student there as part of Teddy's plan, but we'll see.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

brasca wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:44 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
You seriously think Lucretia is a better person than Charity? As far as we know Charity hasn't even gotten to second base with a human or succubus meanwhile Zachuriel has had sex repeatedly with Pandora. Even impersonating her doesn't seem like much of an option since Charity cut her hair. I still suspect she'll put on that unnamed succubus' uniform and masquerade as a student there as part of Teddy's plan, but we'll see.
Well, it was simply a joke, but for the sake of argument - I don't know. Probably not, but the side of "good" in this universe is super dumb, so such a subterfuge could work.

sparky

Post by sparky »

I knew succubi are sex demons and all but I didn't realize that they were capable of talking out of their genitalia. Good to know.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I'd say i'm Surprised Slash stab fell for that, but then she probably doesn't know about Teddy having two bodies.

brasca

Post by brasca »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:53 am
brasca wrote:
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Well, it was simply a joke, but for the sake of argument - I don't know. Probably not, but the side of "good" in this universe is super dumb, so such a subterfuge could work.
The side of good is dumb for the sake of plot convenience. If the angels always outsmart and outclass the succubi it would be dull. Giving the angels weaknesses keeps it interesting.

SAGG

Post by SAGG »

brasca wrote:
OllieOrOlly wrote:
This. You and I are on the same wavelength, apparently... 😆

brasca

Post by brasca »

Good to know SAGG :-bd

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

brasca wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:59 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
brasca wrote:

The side of good is dumb for the sake of plot convenience. If the angels always outsmart and outclass the succubi it would be dull. Giving the angels weaknesses keeps it interesting.
*waggles hand* Giving them flaws, sure. But making them so flawed that they struggle to win even once a year is another thing.

Anyhoo... If the Teddies actually planned this far ahead, it'd be a pleasant surprise.
If they actually managed to outwit Slash-Stab, I might actually cheer... but I'd be very surprised.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Error of Logic wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:37 am

*waggles hand* Giving them flaws, sure. But making them so flawed that they struggle to win even once a year is another thing.

Anyhoo... If the Teddies actually planned this far ahead, it'd be a pleasant surprise.
If they actually managed to outwit Slash-Stab, I might actually cheer... but I'd be very surprised.
Since Teddi didn't appear to be expecting Ilsa to show up I somehow doubt this was part of a pre planned scheme.

And if it was, relying on two people with no powers and an angel who can't seem to keep her hands (or any other body part) off of any attractive passing female (quite likely to be an issue in a school for succubi), it probably wasn't one that had been given a lot of thought.

Still characters in DC do have a habit of becoming more or less intelligent depending on the demands of the plot so I wouldn't be entirely taken back by Ilsa suddenly resembling two short planks.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

sparky wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:54 am
I knew succubi are sex demons and all but I didn't realize that they were capable of talking out of their genitalia. Good to know.
Now that's funny! :)) (too bad that probably wasn't the intention, though).
brasca wrote:
Even impersonating her doesn't seem like much of an option since Charity cut her hair.
Aside from the differing hairstyles, there are other reasons that the ruse wouldn't work - namely that, unless they are related, Charity would have no idea 1) who Lucretia is and 2) how she would normally behave so as not to draw attention to herself.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

meps98

Post by meps98 »

It appears that Teddy sent his two human admirers to find/help Charity. It's unlikely he would have sent them into certain greater danger just to get them out of his way. He could have simply told them to stay put. I'm guessing that this is part of the Plan. It may be a Plan only known to the Teddy/Teddi's and, hopefully, Naomi (as she is quite competent in a fight).
There is more here than we have seen so far, including Charity's seemingly slutty behavior.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

brasca wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:59 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
brasca wrote:

Eh, your mileage may vary. Since the angels appear to be nothing but weaknesses it comes more across as lazy than interesting.