Dangerously Chloe 27-12-18 Going in There

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Jason Waltrip

Dangerously Chloe 27-12-18 Going in There

Post by Jason Waltrip »

New Strip! As Prudence drags Charity toward Tartarus Academy, the Teddies and Naomi share some parting words before Ginger and Jordan rudely interrupt them.

FuzzyFace

Re: Dangerously Chloe 27-12-18 Going in There

Post by FuzzyFace »

Teddy seems a bit slow on the uptake...

brasca

Post by brasca »

I’m glad that I was right about going on a quest to save Chloe, but I wish Alchemy, Gabrielle, and Tandy were joining them. I don’t think Ginger and Jordan will be all that helpful.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

I'm a bit slow on the uptake now.

Is it that Teddy didn't think she was a gf, just a"date" ? Is it going to be the idea that she' latched onto full relationship fast due to the emotion connection' and he didn't latch on to anything because of his altered world view and his recent history of various sexual interactions resulting in his idea of relationships shifting?

brasca

Post by brasca »

Zellgato wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:29 am
I'm a bit slow on the uptake now.

Is it that Teddy didn't think she was a gf, just a"date" ? Is it going to be the idea that she' latched onto full relationship fast due to the emotion connection' and he didn't latch on to anything because of his altered world view and his recent history of various sexual interactions resulting in his idea of relationships shifting?
Most likely. Teddy never had a girlfriend which is why he wished for one in the first place. Since then none of the arranged dates really worked out. Teddi had a lot of classmates interested in her, but it was all just lust. It wasn't any different with incubus Teddy except Alchemy who was identifying as male at the time and thus not a girlfriend. Naomi is the first girl to have genuine affection for him so it's not surprising that it's unfamiliar and that at long last he finally has a girlfriend.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Gosh I wish that heartfelt conversation between Naomi and Teddy felt at all deserved.

brasca

Post by brasca »

It's a good thing Charity is dressed for the occasion. If Pandora can sneak into Heaven wearing that angel uniform Charity shouldn't stick out although she might have to attach some horns, bat wings, and a tail.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

BioYuGi wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:41 am
Gosh I wish that heartfelt conversation between Naomi and Teddy felt at all deserved.
Seconded. It would've been nice to actually see them building towards an emotional connection over a period of time, rather than hooking up at the lasr second just 'cuz Naomi experienced a bunch of weird stuff too (off-panel).

Even Nina's sudden interest in Ace was given more development than that (mainly in vol.4).
Last edited by Gotoh on Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I guess it makes sense only an intentionally idiotic character would end up leading the charge to do something other than moan and pout, especially when the other supposedly smarter characters have been shown to be dumber than dirt.
Oh goody, the pointless stripper duo are still clinging to the panels like a bad smell...

I can't buy the sappy "heartfelt" moment between Naomi and Ted/Teddi; they've had exactly one proper conversation, after which Teddi presumably hooked up with Charity again and Ted definitely had a threesome with discount Laura and Cess, so Naomi's emotional investment feels unearned and really forced. Since emotion can't always be dictated by logic, I won't say it makes no logical sense, but even emotionally, there is nowhere near enough development for Naomi to be the "doe-eyed admirer of her shining knight."
Aside from the problems in the so-called relationship, at the basic narrative level, it has gone from 0 to 7 with little fanfare, which doesn't feel like a dramatic twist as so much as the writers remembered they have to cram in a story at the eleventh hour before the strip ends.

Minor nitpick in the art - the "affectionate gaze" Naomi is giving in the penultimate panel looks sort of cockeyed and glassy, so appears more creepy than sweet.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

BioYuGi wrote:
Just after commenting, I looked up the page to see this - yes, I agree. It feels awkward and forced; there is not enough foundation for a solid relationship yet, let alone for it to be portrayed as some long-lived romance.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:23 am
Teddi presumably hooked up with Charity again and Ted definitely had a threesome with discount Laura and Cess
You've said this like three times. We have no evidence at all that Teddi hooked up with Charity, and Jordan straight up says the threesome thing didn't happen.

Your bias against the comic has grown into outright fabrication, is what I'm saying.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

brasca

Post by brasca »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:27 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:23 am
Teddi presumably hooked up with Charity again and Ted definitely had a threesome with discount Laura and Cess
You've said this like three times. We have no evidence at all that Teddi hooked up with Charity, and Jordan straight up says the threesome thing didn't happen.

Your bias against the comic has grown into outright fabrication, is what I'm saying.
Yes, Charity may have a new look, but she’s still as virginal as Chloe. If she’s permanently lost her wings I hope ends up with Gabrielle or maybe Callie. I could ship that too.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Yes, Teddy - Naomi considers herself to be your girlfriend. L-)

Seriously, how the Hell did that fly over his head when he knew almost from the get go that the only way that contract between he and Chloe could be broken was if he got himself a genuine girlfriend? He acknowledged that fact two strips ago (seeing as he had to have explained the situation to Naomi in order for her to know about it). Naomi even said she'd like to be that girlfriend before kissing him in that strip. How did he miss that?!

It's official - both versions of Teddy are stereotypical blithering idiots (a dumb jock and a dumb blond).
lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:27 pm
Teddi and Charity is questionable. But in regards to Jordan and Ginger? There was definitely intent on their part to have sex with Teddy, despite his obvious distraught behavior - otherwise, what was the point in getting Teddy naked and stripping down to their panties if that wasn't their intention?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra

Post by dmra »

The evidence for Teddi/Charity is ambiguous. Charity did appear to have gone to sleep on Teddi's naked backside but quite how she got there and what happened between the bath and Charity waking up isn't clear. http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... nultimatum

Normally I'd assume that Charity was too drunk for anything to have happened but she certainly seems to have the desire and Teddi hasn't always been too worried about the whole informed consent thing so who knows.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Gotoh wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:18 am
BioYuGi wrote:
Seconded. It would've been nice to actually see them building towards an emotional connection over a period of time, rather than hooking up at the lasr second just 'cuz Naomi experienced a bunch of weird stuff too (off-panel).

Even Nina's sudden interest in Ace was given more development than that (mainly in vol.4).
Well, it wasn't so sudden. She always liked him, but we weren't sure to what extent until Vol. 3 if I'm not mistaken.
http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/He_is_just_puppy
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...