Dangerously Chloe 3-12-18 My Lips are Sealed

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Fluffy

Re: Dangerously Chloe 3-12-18 My Lips are Sealed

Post by Fluffy »

Sadly, yes - it's an old perv gag; but it exists for a reason.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:55 am
Point being of this elongated recap is that even an idiot would have a concept of self-preservation, as well as some consideration for others, as Ted has no idea what could trigger another blackout, so he is endangering civilians... again.
The blackouts only seem to happen when he falls asleep. Still, yeah - maybe investigating what's causing it would have been more pressing than going on a date with two random girls. But, iit's been well established by this point that Teddy doesn't understand the notion of priorities.
If macho Ted's junk is in the popcorn bucket, I wouldn't be surprised but will be annoyed.
Even with his sex driven attitude; I don't think Teddy would pull the whole 'dick in bucket' gag. This is just another lame 'sexy' joke by the author/artist.
Teddi can go f**k off. An eye roll, really? As if she has any footing in morality or rationality to be *sassy* at the drunk angel- whose condition is also more or less directly Teddi's responsibility, too.
And only making it worse by giving Charity what looks to be more alcohol. I mean, why help the girl sober up by giving her bottled water when you can give her wine? 8-|
Don't know if anyone here has ever been puked on, but a bath is really, really not how one would want to go cleaning it off.
I think this was just a case of lazy censoring. Easier to hide most of the naughty bits by having them soak in bubbled water (even though soaking in puke defeats the purpose of cleaning up) than have them standing in a shower and strategically placing arms/posing bodies to accomplish the same task.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

lordoffiling wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:13 am
Two people in this thread raised the possibility of Ted’s wang being in the popcorn bucket.

Is that a thing...?
No, it's not a thing. People just get very bizarre ideas when they read this comic. It's sort of a natural byproduct.

A better question is, why the hell are they in the tub?
**== **== **== **==

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

dmra wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:51 am
And for what it's worth Teddy/i once again proves that he really shouldn't be in charge of a minor since neither of his incarnations seem to have given a single thought to Abby. I would add not thinking about Chloe to that but it seems that the Teddy/i caring one iota about her welfare ship sailed a long time ago.
Which makes Charity mentioning the mark being gone all the more irritating - it's just another character having to remind Teddy/i that - oh, yeah! - they were supposed to be helping Chloe!

Now, the question is, are either Teddy/i going to investigate the basement to see what happened or are they going to remain where they are, musing over it?

Valkog wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:37 am
To censor the naughty bits (even though it makes no logical sense for people to soak/clean themselves in puke filled water).

brasca

Post by brasca »

Valkog wrote:
lordoffiling wrote:
Two people in this thread raised the possibility of Ted’s wang being in the popcorn bucket.

Is that a thing...?
No, it's not a thing. People just get very bizarre ideas when they read this comic. It's sort of a natural byproduct.

To relax. They’ve both had busy and exciting days. It’s not like they needed a decontamination shower. It’s vomit and most of it probably got on Teddi. Most of it probably came off when they undressed and aside from a brief shower to clean anything else they’d be fine albeit smelly. The bath can take care of that as well as give them some leisure.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

brasca wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:49 pm
Valkog wrote:
To relax. [...] The bath can take care of that as well as give them some leisure.
...In what way is a bath even remotely relaxing? That's like saying someone bought eggnog to water the plants with it. I think you're way off, on this one.
**== **== **== **==

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Valkog wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:12 pm
brasca wrote:
Valkog wrote:
To relax. [...] The bath can take care of that as well as give them some leisure.
...In what way is a bath even remotely relaxing? That's like saying someone bought eggnog to water the plants with it. I think you're way off, on this one.
To be fair - soaking in a bath can be relaxing; if you're by yourself and can stretch out while you soak.

With two people crammed into a tub that can really only accommodate a single person (i.e. - one or both parties need to pull up their legs to make room for the other occupant - like it shows in this strip); it's less about relaxing and more about sharing a tub (well, that and to provide fanservice).

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:22 pm
Valkog wrote:
brasca wrote:

To be fair - soaking in a bath can be relaxing; if you're by yourself and can stretch out while you soak.
That's called a nightmare. A nightmare is what you're describing. People wake up screaming and drenched in sweat, after they have a dream involving the scenario you're talking about. I guess maybe since Teddi's some sort of supernatural being now, it might somehow be relaxing?
**== **== **== **==

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Valkog wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:41 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Valkog wrote:

That's called a nightmare. A nightmare is what you're describing. People wake up screaming and drenched in sweat, after they have a dream involving the scenario you're talking about. I guess maybe since Teddi's some sort of supernatural being now, it might somehow be relaxing?
How is it a nightmare, though? The worst that'll happen is that your skin will prune after soaking too long (or, drowning; if you're a real idiot and fall asleep while soaking in water that is deep enough for your head to slip under).

In regards to this strip - what makes it a nightmare is that they're possibly soaking in vomit filled water (which is just gross), Teddi is still plying Charity with booze (what? Doesn't Teddi carry bottled/tap water in her house?) and not doing much of anything to stop Charity's advances on her.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:51 pm
Valkog wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:41 pm
Fluffy wrote:

How is it a nightmare, though? The worst that'll happen is that your skin will prune after soaking too long (or, drowning; if you're a real idiot and fall asleep while soaking in water that is deep enough for your head to slip under).
Look, for my own emotional well-being, I can't get into this argument a fourth time, so I'll just concede that maybe cryptids and celestial beings can relax in a bath. I've already been banned from two forums for this exact topic, and I don't want to try my luck.
**== **== **== **==

dmra

Post by dmra »

Some people get the heebie jeebies looking at photographs of spiders let alone the real thing and some people love them and even keep them as pets.

Human beings are strange in many ways and there's nothing new about that. As the ancient Romans said "De gustibus non est disputandum".

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

dmra wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:08 pm
Some people get the heebie jeebies looking at photographs of spiders let alone the real thing and some people love them and even keep them as pets.

Human beings are strange in many ways and there's nothing new about that. As the ancient Romans said "De gustibus non est disputandum".
What do spiders have to do with it? Also, ancient Romans spoke a mix of Greek and Arabic, not Latin.
**== **== **== **==

dmra

Post by dmra »

Well based upon what you said you seem to have something of a phobic reaction to the idea of baths. Spiders was just an analogy for that. But based on your last sentence I'm not entirely sure you're being serious or have possibly drunk too much "lemonade".

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

dmra wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:20 pm
Well based upon what you said you seem to have something of a phobic reaction to the idea of baths. Spiders was just an analogy for that. But based on your last sentence I'm not entirely sure you're being serious or have possibly drunk too much "lemonade".
A phobia is an irrational fear. But like I said, I'm not having the bath argument again. Also, I don't think I like your oddly-placed quotation marks. I admit to being slightly off on my historical facts (I was thinking of the Spanish, not the Romans), but I haven't been drinking piss or alcohol, if that's what you're insinuating.
**== **== **== **==

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Valkog wrote:
lordoffiling wrote:

Is that a thing...?
It ABSOLUTELY is a thing. It's been done as a gag in multiple things. It's been in Chappelle's Show, Family Guy, multiple 'boner comedies', it's essentially the origin for that 'Dick in a Box' sketch from SNL. It may not be done in RL for practical reasons but the gag itself is absolutely a thing.

dmra

Post by dmra »

@ Valkog The reason for quotation marks around "lemonade" was simply a reference to the ongoing story in the comic strip and was indeed suggesting that you may have been under the influence of alcohol when you said that the Ancient Romans spoke a mixture of Greek and Arabic. Although it was slightly unfair as it's true that a large part of the Roman Empire was at least in part Greek speaking. But Arabic not so much although at times in the Middle Ages Arabic speakers did occupy parts of what we call Italy today.

But getting back to the point apologies if you took offence at the "lemonade" insinuation. None was intended.