There is still Abby and her contract.

OllieOrOlly

Re: Dangerously Chloe 29-11-18 Makeover

Post by OllieOrOlly »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:24 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:50 am
The Teddies have lost their soul, souls, or half a soul, and didn't notice any difference?
Whaaa? The contract on Teddy’s soul has dissolved, why would he lose it?

Also on the subject of the lemonade...

Seriously. How nitpicky can y’all get?

My first thought was that Charity asked for lemonade, the bartender probably said something like, “Only got hard lemonade, luv,” and Charity, not knowing what that was, probably said something like, “Huh, never had that! I’ll try it.” And because this isn’t the kind of establishment that looks at identification too closely—or at all—the bartender just shrugged and put one in front of her.
It was my understanding that the contract was that Teddy gets a girlfriend, but I did forget about the loophole about he'd be safe if he got one by himself... However~ the only reason he gained a "date" with Naomi was because of all the succubi insanity, so while I'll admit I was probably wrong for thinking their soul was gone, I still call BS because it wasn't Teddy who a date on their own, as without the demonic influence in his life, he and Naomi would have had nothing to bond over.

As for the lemonade thing, it seems too significant a detail for the update's joke for it to be considered nitpicking when making note of it.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:29 am
At the risk of harping on: what the hell kind of people would give someone alcohol when they requested lemonade?
She did get lemonade, the alcoholic kind. When you ask for lemonade at a bar, that's usually what you get, because that's probably all they have.
If that's true, that's asinine. What if someone's meant to be the Designated Driver and they order lemonade then? Now they're fucked.

SAGG

Post by SAGG »

And that's what you get when you corrupt an angel, Teddi... 😆

brasca

Post by brasca »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:32 pm
There is still Abby and her contract.
Yes, but given how much of an influence Teddi has over Charity she’s not likely to do anything even if she could and since Abby is friends with Prudence she won’t make an arrest. Of course if Zachurel is tasked with the arrest it could resolve Chloe’s problem.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:45 am
It was my understanding that the contract was that Teddy gets a girlfriend, but I did forget about the loophole about he'd be safe if he got one by himself... However~ the only reason he gained a "date" with Naomi was because of all the succubi insanity, so while I'll admit I was probably wrong for thinking their soul was gone, I still call BS because it wasn't Teddy who a date on their own, as without the demonic influence in his life, he and Naomi would have had nothing to bond over.
Given that the contract was for Chloe to *be* his girlfriend (in a sense), the "get one on his own," was never understood as Chloe being unable to help - only that it would not be her, and it would be purely voluntary on the girl's part.

bridgetvoid

Post by bridgetvoid »

i see a lot of people arguing they were at a bar when they weren't, they were at a strip club. and i can tell you emphatically that most clubs (in both Canada and the states) have a seriously overpriced drink minimum. this is to make up for patrons who don't tip the dancers at all, so hey congrats on expecting a free show, enjoy your $12 soda! because of that and because clubs usually have daytime and nighttime hours, yeah they make sure to have both alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks on hand especially in no contact states where dancers have to waste time chatting up bar patrons for extra tips in lieu of private dances, so since -they- don't want to get shitfaced, they order a non alcoholic drink from the bar.

there are a myriad of way the writers could've handled charity getting drunk and none of them needed to be "she asked for lemonade and we only had booze, lulz" which just makes everyone look terrible.

brasca

Post by brasca »

What makes you think they got drinks at the strip club? Charity wanted a makeover and while the clothes, makeup, and hair dye might be available there she also got her ears and nose pierced. I doubt the club is licensed for that. More than likely they went to a few boutiques with Chloe’s money and then topped off the evening by hitting a bar where Charity proceeded to get plastered. Perhaps they could’ve gone back to Jordan or Ginger’s place for drinks, but then it’s less likely they’d run into each other later because they would’ve likely let her sleep off the alcohol.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:57 pm
What makes you think they got drinks at the strip club? Charity wanted a makeover and while the clothes, makeup, and hair dye might be available there she also got her ears and nose pierced. I doubt the club is licensed for that. More than likely they went to a few boutiques with Chloe’s money and then topped off the evening by hitting a bar where Charity proceeded to get plastered. Perhaps they could’ve gone back to Jordan or Ginger’s place for drinks, but then it’s less likely they’d run into each other later because they would’ve likely let her sleep off the alcohol.
It doesn't matter where they got the drinks (the strip club, at a bar, at home, wherever); the point is that Charity asked for a lemonade and instead of getting her a lemonade, they gave her the hard stuff - because, apparently, that's the only kind they had on hand and didn't bother to let her know.

And given Charity's normally pious disposition, I'm more inclined to believe this makeover (especially considering how drastic it is) happened after she got hammered; not before - making these two chuckleheads all the worse for not discouraging an obviously inebriated young woman from doing something she may end up regretting once she sobered up.

Unless you think a bunch of naked women gyrating on her is what caused this sudden desire for a new image. /:)
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Starphoenix

Post by Starphoenix »

Maybe I missed it (probably did) but did she get carded on walking in or by bar staff?
Pretty much here for the ****posting.

Last Dangerously Chloe Comic Read: 09/18/17

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Starphoenix wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:03 pm
Maybe I missed it (probably did) but did she get carded on walking in or by bar staff?
Nope. The only time being carded/needing an ID was ever mentioned in regards to this strip club was when Teddi needed a fake one in order to get a job there.

So either this strip club is incredibly shaddy, run by utterly incompetent employees or Teddi's been working the pheromones overtime in order to get people to look the other way.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 pm
brasca wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:57 pm
It doesn't matter where they got the drinks (the strip club, at a bar, at home, wherever); the point is that Charity asked for a lemonade and instead of getting her a lemonade, they gave her the hard stuff - because, apparently, that's the only kind they had on hand and didn't bother to let her know.

And given Charity's normally pious disposition, I'm more inclined to believe this makeover (especially considering how drastic it is) happened after she got hammered; not before - making these two chuckleheads all the worse for not discouraging an obviously inebriated young woman from doing something she may end up regretting once she sobered up.

Unless you think a bunch of naked women gyrating on her is what caused this sudden desire for a new image. /:)
As a matter of fact I do. Yes, Charity is normally pious, but she has been lusting hard for Teddi since Pandora dropped those pictures and after Teddi's powers awakened she could sense that desire in her. She then gave her a once in a lifetime opportunity to party with her stripper friends. She was reluctant at first, but by the next time we see her she was reveling in it all and I didn't see any boozles floating around her head. She was sober then and I strongly believe that she was sober when she insisted on a makeover. Drunks are difficult to work with when it comes to applying makeup and doing hair. And even a shady piercing technician doesn't want a customer vomiting all over them. While we don't know what Teddi told her friends before she left they were probably left with the impression that Charity is a friend so I doubt her coworkers would take advantage of her and jeopardize that friendship especially after getting all that money. More than likely they were humoring her for Teddi's sake since they look a little weary after looking after her most of the night. We only have a second hand account so we don't know what actually happened, but I imagine post makeover that they took Charity to a bar and she wanted a lemonade. Ginger or Jordan went up to the bartender thinking she wanted a hard lemonade and got her one and why not? This is a girl who just shrugged off her goody-two-shoes image in one night so one would think she'd want something more than a soft drink to celebrate. And it's not like the drink was spiked with anything. Charity had to know that this wasn't like any lemonade she drank before and continued to guzzle it down until she got rip roaring drunk.

I don't know why it's your inclination to think the worst of these characters and why you assume they're "chuckleheads." Is it because they take their clothes off for a living?

dmra

Post by dmra »

brasca wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:10 am
We only have a second hand account so we don't know what actually happened, but I imagine post makeover that they took Charity to a bar and she wanted a lemonade. Ginger or Jordan went up to the bartender thinking she wanted a hard lemonade and got her one and why not? This is a girl who just shrugged off her goody-two-shoes image in one night so one would think she'd want something more than a soft drink to celebrate. And it's not like the drink was spiked with anything. Charity had to know that this wasn't like any lemonade she drank before and continued to guzzle it down until she got rip roaring drunk.

I don't know why it's your inclination to think the worst of these characters and why you assume they're "chuckleheads." Is it because they take their clothes off for a living?
And I don't know why it's your inclination to always think the best of these characters even when that means ignoring the evidence in the comic.

There was absolutely no doubt about what Charity wanted.

"She said she just wanted to have lemonade, but the bar only had the hard kind, so ...." requires a) that a bar has either run out or never stocked lemonade and b) the person buying it to make the decision that rather than buy somebody the soft drink they specifically asked for they would get them an alcoholic version of that drink rather than asking them if they preferred something else instead.

Don't know what you think of somebody who gives a person who asked for a soft drink alcohol instead and kept giving it to them until they were so staggeringly drunk that they couldn't walk on their own but "chuckleheads" seems a fairly understated description to me
Last edited by dmra on Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:10 am
She was reluctant at first, but by the next time we see her she was reveling in it all and I didn't see any boozles floating around her head. She was sober then and I strongly believe that she was sober when she insisted on a makeover.
Considering the main focus was on Chloe/Abby's teleportation, it's hard to tell exactly what state of mind Charity was in that moment (can't really add drunken bubbles to the image, as it would have overlapped the action in the back - which would have looked awful). Though, come to think of it, underwear being worn on someone's head is more the behavior of someone who has had a few. Hell, that's probably the moment Charity started drinking (one of the girls noticed she was nervous and offered to get her a drink to help her relax, Charity asked for lemonade, and everything went downhill from there).

It's 'Gary on the Plane' all over again - just without the actual sex. (for those who don't read Ma3 - Gary went on an impromptu date with Senna (a model) to Paris, France. Gary was scared of flying, so Senna got him a drink to calm him down. Gary doesn't drink and had no idea the drinks were alcoholic - but drank them, anyway. He got rightly sh*tfaced and ended up joining the mile high club with Senna).
Drunks are difficult to work with when it comes to applying makeup and doing hair. And even a shady piercing technician doesn't want a customer vomiting all over them.
And most bars won't serve alcoholic drinks to a patron who specifically asks for a non alcoholic beverage/will card people who don't look of drinking age (which Charity doesn't). It's been established real world etiquette/laws has been thrown out the window in this comic; so I wouldn't be shocked if a hairdresser/piercing technician in this comic would alter a person's looks; even if that person was clearly sh*tfaced.

Seriously expecting Charity waking up the next morning and having some serious regrets.
While we don't know what Teddi told her friends before she left they were probably left with the impression that Charity is a friend so I doubt her coworkers would take advantage of her and jeopardize that friendship especially after getting all that money.
They ignored Charity's request for a non alcoholic beverage and gave her the hard stuff, instead - because 'that's all they had'. Taking advantage? No. Being irresponsible morons - you bet.
More than likely they were humoring her for Teddi's sake since they look a little weary after looking after her most of the night.
Or they know full well that Teddi may not be happy to find Charity in the state she's in after trusting them to watch over her.
I don't know why it's your inclination to think the worst of these characters and why you assume they're "chuckleheads."
Because they are. Who just assumes someone means 'hard lemonade' when they specifically say 'lemonade'. Most logical people would ask to make sure the patron is fine with the hard stuff or point out they don't have straight lemonade and offer other non alcoholic options.
Is it because they take their clothes off for a living?
Seriously? I honestly thought you were better than that to jump to such a BS assumption.

No, it's not because they're strippers - it's because they're irresponsible morons; like the majority of the cast has become in the last three years for the sake of 'funny'.

rwstyles

Post by rwstyles »

Fereshte wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:35 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:50 am
At the risk of harping on: what the hell kind of people would give someone alcohol when they requested lemonade? If they requested lemonade, clearly they don't want to get intoxicated for whatever reason, so giving them booze presumably without Charity realising any better, is really terrible.
This was my first thought too. Especially because they even specify that she wanted *only* lemonaid. They knew she wasn’t asking for the hard kind and to give it to someone who specifically isn’t asking for alcohol is all kinds of horrible. What if she was a recovering alcoholic? Or had some trauma from drinking to access in the past? Like clearly the reasonable response would’ve been “they only have hard lemonaid.” It would’ve been better had the strip presented it as them telling her there was only the hard stuff and Charity, unbeknownst to them, misunderstanding what that meant and accidentally getting drunk. At least then these women wouldn’t come off as just down right horrible.

Besides that, I liked the art in this strip and found the throwing up on Teddi’s breasts kind of funny. I also liked the joke that saying out loud what they’re doing IS talking to themselves because they would already know what the other is thinking.
The bar could have supplied a no alcohol drink if they understood that that was wanted. Since she is a complete teetotaler, she would be very naive. They seem to be painting the angels as being someone idiots in this strip anyway.

And a complete teetotaler might not know how to detect the alcohol in a drink, not knowing how it tastes / feels.