Dangerously Chloe 26-11-18 Help Me Stop Her

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Varanus

Re: Dangerously Chloe 26-11-18 Help Me Stop Her

Post by Varanus »

I think its mostly bitterness over the comic not going the way many people hoped/wanted in the earlier arcs, and in fact seemingly betraying a lot of the characterizations that were built up back then all for the sake of titillation that frankly was rarely even all that sexy.

Sure we could stop reading the comic, but having already invested so much time one can feel compelled to finish things even if they've lost their love for it. Especially if they feel their anger will be vindicated in a poor end, or if they hold out some hope that things might improve before the end.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Well, they've shown Chloe and Teddy had some feelings for each other. Teddy getting sidetracked is easily explained by his constantly being sucked into other things.

It wasn't his idea to be injected with succubus and reaper blood for instance.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Exactly, but just because there’s an attraction doesn’t mean a happily ever after together.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

lordoffiling wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:18 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:29 am
Peculiar that Slash-stab appears angry; perhaps she is actually being contemplative, but it is difficult to know for sure when she is basically in the background. Her body language seems to indicate either one - if she is angry, maybe it is due to Chloe's feral rampage, which makes sense; if contemplative, maybe she is uncertain about what stopped Chloe's warpath or does know and is curious about a succubus being so emotionally invested in a contract victim.
Anger would make more sense. Her student is crying over the loss. All her suspicions about Chloe being soft are now confirmed. That's not even saying anything about her prized student failing her first official task as a succubus, a thing that was originally supposed to have taken fifteen minutes but has kept her away from the school for months.
Yeah, I concur. That was the third option I forgot to mention, aha; regardless, her being angry at Chloe's sentimentality does seem to make the most sense.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Varanus wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:31 am
I think its mostly bitterness over the comic not going the way many people hoped/wanted in the earlier arcs, and in fact seemingly betraying a lot of the characterizations that were built up back then all for the sake of titillation that frankly was rarely even all that sexy.

Sure we could stop reading the comic, but having already invested so much time one can feel compelled to finish things even if they've lost their love for it. Especially if they feel their anger will be vindicated in a poor end, or if they hold out some hope that things might improve before the end.
Pretty much.
Personally, the final sentence doesn't apply to me, but the first sentence of last paragraph certainly does.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Tako wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:49 pm
The best ending for everybody involved would be a reset, the past being changed so none of them met ever... but this is a Pixie Trix Comix, so I don't expect such a closed ending...
Chloe going back in time to prevent herself from ever meeting Teddy?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Varanus wrote:
I think its mostly bitterness over the comic seemingly betraying a lot of the characterizations that were built up back then all for the sake of titillation
This. DC has gone so far off-kilter that it hardly resembles what it was originally about, to the point that the protagonist has been reduced to making cameo appearances in her own comic. Now it's seemingly all about Teddy getting his rocks off with anything that moves.

As far as reading the comic's concerned, I only read it (past tense) to see how closely it would tie-in to EC/MC. But, aside from Tandy and Gaby's limited involvement, it seems DC's plot relevance to EC/MC is tangential, at best. So I dropped DC over a year ago, but I still browse the forum section to see if anything's changed, as far as plot advancement (i.e. to see whether Teddy, or Chloe, finally remembers they're supposed to be trying to find a way to release him from the pact).

Tako

Post by Tako »

Cortez wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:41 pm
Tako wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:49 pm
The best ending for everybody involved would be a reset, the past being changed so none of them met ever... but this is a Pixie Trix Comix, so I don't expect such a closed ending...
Chloe going back in time to prevent herself from ever meeting Teddy?
If I had my way, she would go back in time to prevent herself from ever taking the Doompanties, so she could stay at Charybdis High and never enroll at Tartarus Academy...
Varanus wrote:
I think its mostly bitterness over the comic not going the way many people hoped/wanted in the earlier arcs, and in fact seemingly betraying a lot of the characterizations that were built up back then all for the sake of titillation that frankly was rarely even all that sexy
I am mostly angry because of the degradation of characters who started likeable and interesting. Every character is trash now in some way, save Naomi and Prudence. They have become idiots without an ounce of common sense, self-respect or empathy...
Varanus wrote:
Actually, I barely read the comics anymore. If you go seek my posts, I barely log in the forum anymore... I uploaded a post January 11, a couple in February, Another in March, A few in May 28, one in June, then stopped posting until November 11.

I sometimes see a Dangerously Chloe link while reading other webcomics, click it, and I usually go angry and come here to rant a bit...

As for why I get angry... It's because I used to like Teddy and I used to like Chloe, and now they are... this...

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Tako wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:06 pm
As for why I get angry... It's because I used to like Teddy and I used to like Chloe, and now they are... this...
Every character in this comic had potential in the first few chapters (yes, even early Pandora). Then the Valentine's Day arc happened and everything went down the proverbial crapper from there, starting with Chloe turning into an inexplicable idiot who chose to keep Teddy's life as risk/his soul tethered to Hell rather than risk never seeing him again by allowing his budding relationship with Trianna (the girl she repeated tried to set him up with) to blossom.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Speaking of which, really glad the contract has finally been broken.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Same - just wish Chloe wouldn't be sobbing over the fact that the mission was accomplished.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:45 pm
Varanus wrote:
I think its mostly bitterness over the comic seemingly betraying a lot of the characterizations that were built up back then all for the sake of titillation
This. DC has gone so far off-kilter that it hardly resembles what it was originally about, to the point that the protagonist has been reduced to making cameo appearances in her own comic. Now it's seemingly all about Teddy getting his rocks off with anything that moves.

As far as reading the comic's concerned, I only read it (past tense) to see how closely it would tie-in to EC/MC. But, aside from Tandy and Gaby's limited involvement, it seems DC's plot relevance to EC/MC is tangential, at best. So I dropped DC over a year ago, but I still browse the forum section to see if anything's changed, as far as plot advancement (i.e. to see whether Teddy, or Chloe, finally remembers they're supposed to be trying to find a way to release him from the pact).
I felt the comic was about Chloe and Teddy, not just Chloe.

I may have felt different, if the comic moved on from the Teddy and Chloe storyline sooner. That's not how it went and that's not how it will end.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:08 am
I felt the comic was about Chloe and Teddy, not just Chloe.
It started off being about Chloe and Teddy; but, after Teddy's second gender swap, it exclusively became about Teddy and his sexual hijinx - with Pandora and Abby as the costars. Chloe largely became a cameo character in her own comic after that - appearing only to remind readers she was still around or to assist one of the main characters.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

I don’t know why everyone is so down on Chloe for crying. Yes, this was always her mission, but it doesn’t mean she can’t be heartbroken over its success. She (supposedly) loves Teddy. While she knows this frees him, it still hurts that she can’t be with him. I get that. My only issue is that I don’t find the love between Chloe and Teddy to be believable in any way.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Fereshte wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:20 pm
My only issue is that I don’t find the love between Chloe and Teddy to be believable in any way.
Exactly. I mean, when did they ever get the opportunity to develop feelings for each other? Closest that comes to mind was the kissing lessons that nearly killed Teddy - and that happened on a whim.