Dangerously Chloe 15-11-18 Parade of Frustration

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

brasca

Re: Dangerously Chloe 15-11-18 Parade of Frustration

Post by brasca »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:40 am
And Teddi couldn't bring a condom? Needs to have all that sex to get stronger and doesn't think, condom? :p
No risk of pregnancy if he’s just having sex with men.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Condoms do a lot more than stop people getting pregnant. Given how promiscuous Teddy has been in his various incarnations it woUld be something of a miracle if he hasn't got at least one STI.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

dmra wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:58 pm
Condoms do a lot more than stop people getting pregnant. Given how promiscuous Teddy has been in his various incarnations it woUld be something of a miracle if he hasn't got at least one STI.
There's that too, but I'm guessing his demon/whatever self makes him immune to that.

dmra

Post by dmra »

It would seem to be a safe bet that succubi are not vulnerable to human STIs or getting pregnant so it probably wouldn't occur to them to think about contraception or sexual health. On the other hand Teddi wasn't a natural succubus so it could be a dangerous assumption to think that she had the same natural protection (no pun intended) as the genuine article.

TL;DR unless you know for sure that you've gained supernatural protection to STIs don't sleep around without thinking about the potential consequences. Not just for you but for all the people you have sex with.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

There's something else to consider; demons used to be well-known for visiting disease upon the mortal world.
Even if Teddy is himself not vulnerable to STIs, he could still easily be a carrier.

sparky

Post by sparky »

renmei wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:15 pm
Apparently one of his/her new powers is to run like The Flash.
You guys read into this stuff way too deep.
I assumed that she flew there, which could cut back on commute time.
renmei wrote:
Agreed. I have been kind of avoiding this forum because of that.

brasca

Post by brasca »

sparky wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:43 pm
renmei wrote:
Apparently one of his/her new powers is to run like The Flash.
I assumed that she flew there, which could cut back on commute time.
Yes, I forgot Teddi has wings now.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I suppose since contraception hasn't been mentioned once in any of the other comics and yet none of the cast of the MA3- or EC-verses have gotten pregnant or sick as a result of their serial bedhopping, it's a bit late to start wondering about that.

More generally... this plot raises so many questions.

How did Teddi get into the apartment without either Teddy or Naomi hearing anything? What was she doing in the nearby neighbourhood that allowed her to get up to that apartment so quickly? Is this happening in such a time crunch that she came here straight from that stupid strip club? Is this penthouse apartment within spitting distance of there? I suppose that makes sense, but wouldn't the landlord of such apartments be watchful of the neighbourhood's reputation? I thought this mental link thing made them say the same thing when in close proximity to each other, so why isn't that happening? What happens to Teddi when Teddy's evil personality comes out? Why does only Teddy have to deal with this? Why didn't Teddi suffer this problem as well? And come to think of it, where did that evil split personality come from, anyway? Is it a consequence of the demon blood? Was it caused by the half-and-half god split? Does evil Teddy want generally the same things Teddy does, or is he just on a power-gathering manhunt? Why did he lose control of their body at the thought of getting Naomi pregnant? Why does he continue to target men, even though you'd think an incubus would go after women if for no other reason than law of narrative convention? Why does Dave keep creating plot contrivances that involve taking straight people and, if you catch my meaning, making them suddenly play for the home team? Why are we still meandering through boring schlock that like two or three people here seem to enjoy instead of resolving the debacle by having the characters COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER in such a way that doesn't lead to more pointless nothing-burgers designed only to allow the writer to chicken out and back away from a satisfactory conclusion?

And why am I asking all these questions, given I probably know the answers to some of them and don't care about the others? That one I can't work out.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:05 pm
I suppose since contraception hasn't been mentioned once in any of the other comics and yet none of the cast of the MA3- or EC-verses have gotten pregnant or sick as a result of their serial bedhopping, it's a bit late to start wondering about that.
Condoms did appear/were mentioned in MA3 a few times (specifically when Gary lost his virginity and Jung's first time with Ramona).

It's just this comic that contraception is never mentioned. Closest they get to that is wearing gloves when masturbating a dude.
How did Teddi get into the apartment without either Teddy or Naomi hearing anything?
Well, to be fair, both were pretty distracted; Teddy feabily trying to talk Naomi out of sex while Naomi was busy demanding it.
What was she doing in the nearby neighbourhood that allowed her to get up to that apartment so quickly?
'Becoming one with the universe' and throwing strippers at Charity.
Is this happening in such a time crunch that she came here straight from that stupid strip club? Is this penthouse apartment within spitting distance of there?
Yes, and yes.
I suppose that makes sense, but wouldn't the landlord of such apartments be watchful of the neighbourhood's reputation?
Its not an apartment, though -it's a hotel room. And, really - as long as you pay the daily/monthly room bill and don't make a nuisance of yourself to other borders, management tend to leave you well enough alone.
I thought this mental link thing made them say the same thing when in close proximity to each other, so why isn't that happening?
Either the writer forgot that was a thing, the Teds got that weirdness under control, or the concept was abandoned altogether.
What happens to Teddi when Teddy's evil personality comes out?
She's either sleeping herself or maybe she daydreams (assuming this - since she thought Teddy having sex with Chris the first time was a dream, too).
Why does only Teddy have to deal with this? Why didn't Teddi suffer this problem as well?
Because he clearly inherited the demonic half while Teddi got the angelic half.
And come to think of it, where did that evil split personality come from, anyway? Is it a consequence of the demon blood? Was it caused by the half-and-half god split? Does evil Teddy want generally the same things Teddy does, or is he just on a power-gathering manhunt? Why did he lose control of their body at the thought of getting Naomi pregnant?
I don't think there's even an evil Teddy; it's just Teddy, who's subconscious takes over when he's asleep. (i.e. - when he's awake, he keeps himself under control. When he's asleep - he essentially sleep f*cks).
Why does he continue to target men, even though you'd think an incubus would go after women if for no other reason than law of narrative convention?
Probably because of his connection to Teddi - who's body still craves a man's touch. Or, for a more interesting twist; maybe it's Chloe's needs that is influencing his choices.
Why does Dave keep creating plot contrivances that involve taking straight people and, if you catch my meaning, making them suddenly play for the home team?
Because, in the Pixie Trix universe, everyone is a little gay. It's annoying; but, what can you do?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:17 pm
Because, in the Pixie Trix universe, everyone is a little gay. It's annoying; but, what can you do?
Not true, there's been a fair number of straight characters

EC: Layla (confirmed in-comic and by TCampbell), Nina, Ace, Blair, Cess, and Laura.
MC: Melissa, Jacqui, Tandy and Gabrielle*.
SotR: Domenico, Zoé, Tatiana, Marie, and Pierre.

*note: Tandy and Gabrielle were affected by Teddy's pheromones. Prior to that, they only expressed interest in meeting guys. Likewise, Ash and Dio were presumably straight until they were zapped by the wand.

Also, according to TCampbell, Tiffany was originally going to be straight and know it without question. But after some internal debate about her sexuality, he said the creative team changed their minds "somewhat" so Tiff was attracted to Faith.

brasca

Post by brasca »

With the way Tandy has been insisting that Gabrielle make out with Naomi and what appears to be mistreatment designed to get her attention I think she's actually bisexual.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@brasca: Tiff said the same thing about AJ and Rain, yet nothing happened. People also assumed Tiff had a thing for Layla, but nothing happened between them either.

It's no different with Gabrielle and Naomi. Tandy keeps saying she should make out with her, but so far, all it's been is a running gag. There hasn't been any indication that it goes any further than that.

brasca

Post by brasca »

And there’s no indication that Gabrielle isn’t. She was less disturbed about being affected by pheromones than Tandy so I don’t think she’s confirmed straight like the others you listed.