Dangerously Chloe 12-11-18 I Want You So Bad

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Spidrift

Re:

Post by Spidrift »

MissMadness wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:51 am
Succubi are creatures of hell that feed on sex, consent isn't part of thier M.O. Adding to that in this comic, they are born under violent means, they lose their virginity under violent means and their job in the grand scheme of things is to cause suffering of humans through the use of sex and atteration.
In other words, this is a dark horror comic. Fair enough if that’s the intent, but in that case, the silly jokes and the cartoony artwork with all the boobs are perhaps a stylistic misjudgement.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Valkog

Re: Dangerously Chloe 12-11-18 I Want You So Bad

Post by Valkog »

Why do some of you seem so uncomfortable with people discussing consent? Every time it's brought up, at least one person is all "Oh my god, can you people stop being such buzzkills and just shut up about that!?" Like, unless you don't think it's important, what's your objection?

Succubi are inherently skeevy, with their supernatural seduction and all. That's not news to anyone, I would hope. I don't see why nobody can bring it up without being smothered with a pillow.
**== **== **== **==

dmra

Re: Re:

Post by dmra »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:16 am
MissMadness wrote:
Succubi are creatures of hell that feed on sex, consent isn't part of thier M.O. Adding to that in this comic, they are born under violent means, they lose their virginity under violent means and their job in the grand scheme of things is to cause suffering of humans through the use of sex and atteration.
In other words, this is a dark horror comic. Fair enough if that’s the intent, but in that case, the silly jokes and the cartoony artwork with all the boobs are perhaps a stylistic misjudgement.
The problem with that interpretation is the titular character isn't exactly a typical succubus. I doubt that there are many of those who want to save themselves for the right boy and daydream about settling down in domestic bliss.

But sex jokes are easier than writing characters against their nature which might explain why she's played an increasingly minor role in her own comic.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Valkog wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:18 pm
Why do some of you seem so uncomfortable with people discussing consent? Every time it's brought up, at least one person is all "Oh my god, can you people stop being such buzzkills and just shut up about that!?" Like, unless you don't think it's important, what's your objection?

Succubi are inherently skeevy, with their supernatural seduction and all. That's not news to anyone, I would hope. I don't see why nobody can bring it up without being smothered with a pillow.
Well, if you can only enjoy something by not drawing your attention to its skeevier elements, I suppose any reminder of them is going to get under your skin.
dmra wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:45 pm
The problem with that interpretation is the titular character isn't exactly a typical succubus. I doubt that there are many of those who want to save themselves for the right boy and daydream about settling down in domestic bliss.

But sex jokes are easier than writing characters against their nature which might explain why she's played an increasingly minor role in her own comic.
Isn't that the truth? It doesn't come off to me like Dave is TRYING to write material that tacitly supports rape by exploitation of inability to consent. It's purely that he's been too lazy to actually take a look at the implications of Teddy's actions. And even if we're about to have Teddy have such a realisation, this has been going on for too long without any introspection, so it's pretty freaking late for that.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Continuity wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:36 am
Have we seen the demonic pact sigil on either of these Teddies after the deific schism? I can't recall. I would expect, however, that SOMETHING should be lighting up Chloe's afterburner from all this activity. But is it both of them?
Maybe that's why she got the energy to snap her chains and go hunting for Teddy. *shrug*

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

lordoffiling wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:21 pm

Now obviously succubus pheromones do the job a hell of a lot better than a pair of skinny jeans, but I have yet to see anything that indicates the people being affected are being robbed of their free will.
Besides the fact that they are sleeping with people they otherwise wouldn't?

MissMadness

Post by MissMadness »

Spidrift wrote:

You could say what this comic is trying to be Teenwolf ,what it turned into is An American Werewolf in London.
dmra wrote:

No it's easy to write characters that go aganist their nature it's a pretty common trope after all. I just think they writer wrote themselves into a corner with the whole Succubi tend to kill their first sex partner. Because the story entirely went to focusing on how to get to a point where Teddy could do that and the supernatural beings that 'help' along away in a headache inducing fashion. To the point where our title character has been pushed into being a mere plot element to overcome.

detrius

Post by detrius »

JayBlaze11 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:36 am
Small Theory, but what if "Possessed Teddy" is just Teddy in a feeding trance?
Teddi had cravings back when they were a succubus affected human. So now that he's essentially half (if not more) demon, maybe his sexual hunger has more control over his actions now.
Not sure if anyone else has made that suggestion yet, but I think "possessed Teddy" is probably "Lord Ba'allnshigoroth".

dmra

Post by dmra »

MissMadness wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:49 pm
dmra wrote:

No it's easy to write characters that go aganist their nature it's a pretty common trope after all. I just think they writer wrote themselves into a corner with the whole Succubi tend to kill their first sex partner. Because the story entirely went to focusing on how to get to a point where Teddy could do that and the supernatural beings that 'help' along away in a headache inducing fashion. To the point where our title character has been pushed into being a mere plot element to overcome.
It's a common trope true but the format of DC works against it. The seeming need to do a punchline a strip rather than a longer narrative makes it harder to tell a more complex story.

It's true about the comic taking a turn at the point where the author decided that losing their virginity was generally lethal for the partners succubi choose but what didn't need to happen was Chloe turning into an almost completely passive observer of her own situation and leaving everything up to other people. Which, since those other people were Pandora and Teddy, wasn't exactly a wise decision.

It would be nice if at some point somebody involved in the decisions feels like giving some background about the choices they made and why.

SAGG

Post by SAGG »

Hah! So Teddy interrupted himself! 😆

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:03 pm

It doesn't come off to me like Dave is TRYING to write material that tacitly supports rape by exploitation of inability to consent. It's purely that he's been too lazy to actually take a look at the implications of Teddy's actions. And even if we're about to have Teddy have such a realisation, this has been going on for too long without any introspection, so it's pretty freaking late for that.
I agree that I don’t think Dave is intentionally writing a main character who is a rapist. BUT that he (he?) has been so flippant about the concept of consent is disconcerting and makes for a very problematic comic. One can’t help but wonder what Dave’s own views on consent is, if he can’t even be bothered to address the on going issue here. Even a side character making a comment would at least let us, the reader, know that Dave understands this is rape. And I agree that I don’t see Teddy coming to a realization soon because it would make for a VERY dark turn in the comic—Teddi/y realizing they have raped multiple people, even without that being their intent, would be horrifying for him/her. And it’s true, this content would be better served for a darker comic rather than being treated as a joke.

For those who seem not to get it, for many rape/sexual assault survivors, consent is a huge issue. Like another poster wrote, not all rape is violent. In fact, most is not. So to see consent so heavily disregarded by main characters who we are supposed to like (?), it is triggering.

And I find this sad because there have been points of this comic that I enjoy. And loosely, I’m curious to see where it will go and what will happen to the characters. But I’m also the type of person who never walks out of a movie theater, no matter how bad, so maybe I’m not the best judge of how long one should wait it out.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I apologize for not responding sooner. I tried last night, but the site was down. I thought the flames may have burned it up.
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:09 am
brasca wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:26 am
dmra wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:23 am

Nothing bad is going to happen! Something bad has already happened. Or have you not noticed that Naomi has been behaving completely out of character since she was effected by the pheromones? How do you think she's going to feel when she stops being effected by them? Proud of herself? Or maybe completely mortified by how she behaved but with no knowledge as to why?

And that's assuming that she is able to get control of herself back any time soon. The other girl victims of Teddi were under for weeks if not months and as far as we know still are.
You seem to forget that time when Naomi walked in on Teddy in the shower and even went so far as to offer him a hand job. And don't blame Teddy for that. It was all Pandora's manipulation. Needless to say she didn't feel good about that later, but she got over it.

As for those other girls. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: That was a product of unwittingly getting a massive dose of pheromones during their ill-fated assault on Teddi. Teddi was never aware of those powers and thought the best solution was to let them have their way with her. Not the best idea, but I chalk that up to the succubus blood altering the mind even if Teddi claimed otherwise. You keep comparing the pheromones to rufies, but it's really not the same thing since all those do is knock people out so someone can have their way with them. These magical pheromones make them horny and active participants. So it's not the same thing.
And not so long ago, on a forum very much like this one, you tried to argue that Teddi's repeatedly dressing in skimpy outfits was something you could blame succubus blood & reaper ectoplasm for (No, I'm not letting that go.) against his own stated habit of dressing however he damn well pleases. Does succubus blood just excuse EVERYTHING he does to you?
Yes. It does. What makes you think I changed my mind about that? And I would add that Teddy never asked to be injected with succubus blood or reaper ectoplasm. That was forced on him so in many ways he's just as much a victim as everyone else. The difference is I'm not equating this with rape.
LegendaryKroc wrote:
And before you go saying I can't prove it's not somehow consensual because I don't know 100% how the pheromones work? Maybe not, but this comic used parent-child incest as a punchline. Dave Lumsdon deserves no benefit of the doubt.
Are you still going on about Teddi having sex with Pandora? She did that to get under her skin, but there's nothing incestuous about sleeping with a step parent unless that person is also a blood relative. And seeing as how Pandora is an ageless succubus whether this constitutes as underage sex is a moot point too. Besides this has nothing to do with succubus pheromones and how it makes someone instantly desirable. If you really want to go down the rabbit hole of mind altering substances then I suppose people who are on anti-psychotic medication should be taken off of it because it's wrong to force someone to be sane.
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Also, if you want to grumble about the definition of roofies? Fine. Let's shift it to an analogy for getting someone drunk so they'll let you have sex with them while you yourself are sober. That's rape. Just ask Cortez, who beat me to the punch.
And I would agree if Teddi or Teddy's pheromones knocked out everyone they encountered and they proceeded to have sex with them. Roofies incapacitate the victim so they are never willing participants. Now observe Daisy in action. http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... -way-worse She is jumping Teddi as soon as she gives her permission to act. It's the same in the very next strip when she pays a visit to the rest of Daisy's gang. Pheromones aren't roofies.

If rewiring people's minds bothers you this much I suggest you never watch Code Geass. Or maybe you should since Lelouch Lamperouge never uses his power to compel people to sleep with him, but has no qualms about violence and mass murder.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:53 am
brasca wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:23 am
Well looks like Teddy has regained control and not a moment too soon. Not like I thought anything bad was going to happen. 8-|
It's a little too early to tell, though. For all anyone knows, Naomi will end up raping Teddy (which would be just as awful) or Teddy's going to pull that same stunt he pulled with the other cheerleaders.
I don't think she has the physical strength to pull that off.
Fluffy wrote:
brasca wrote:
You seem to forget that time when Naomi walked in on Teddy in the shower and even went so far as to offer him a hand job. And don't blame Teddy for that. It was all Pandora's manipulation. Needless to say she didn't feel good about that later, but she got over it.
There's a huge difference between a hand job and actively fornicating, though - considering the latter has a risk of pregnancy,
You wouldn't know it from the responses on this board. Charity groped Teddi's breast and now she's a vile sex offender.
Fluffy wrote:
brasca wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:23 am
As for those other girls. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: That was a product of unwittingly getting a massive dose of pheromones during their ill-fated assault on Teddi. Teddi was never aware of those powers and thought the best solution was to let them have their way with her. Not the best idea, but I chalk that up to the succubus blood altering the mind even if Teddi claimed otherwise.
Still constitutes as rape, though; seeing as Teddi was well aware none of those girls were in their right mind and would never have given him the time of they if they were. There is no excusing that. The same applies to the jocks. Suddenly having them lust after Teddi, just because he was suddenly a hot girl should have alerted Teddi that something was amiss. Instead, Teddi used this sudden change to her advantage and proceeded to sleep with the lot of them.
Teddi had a body comparable to Chloe's so it was easy enough for her to believe that they were lusting after her for that. They are high school boys after all. And Teddy was such a high school recluse I doubt he knew all that much about Daisy and her friends to know their sexuality so why would their sudden attraction be any crazier than everything else that happens in Teddy or Teddi's life?
Fluffy wrote:
brasca wrote:
You keep comparing the pheromones to rufies, but it's really not the same thing since all those do is knock people out so someone can have their way with them. These magical pheromones make them horny and active participants. So it's not the same thing.
The pheromones alter the victims' minds in order to make them infinitely more susceptible to the idea of having sex with someone they normally wouldn't give the time of day to (i.e. - make them so horny they don't think straight and just want to bone the person who whammied them). Whether they're awake or not doesn't matter; it's still an example of rape.
We're arguing something magical that has nothing comparable in the real world. You claim that they could never consent because they weren't truly in their right mind, but who's to say what that truly is? Neither of us know what's in somebody's mind or heart. Perhaps there is some desire deep down and the pheromones unlock it. Tell me something is Jacqui a victim too since she was a nerdy girl until Chloe altered her settings leaving her boy crazy? Jacqui isn't complaining and neither are the so-called other victims. If you want to call it rape that's your lookout, but if none of people who've been with Teddi or Teddy care to press charges because they genuinely enjoyed the time they had then there is no case. And that's really the difference between them and real victims of sexual assault. You might want it to be that way since it fits in with your own narrative. That doesn't appear to be how this story is playing out, but do feel free to hate read and complain.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:17 am
I would agree if Teddi or Teddy's pheromones knocked out everyone they encountered and they proceeded to have sex with them. Roofies incapacitate the victim so they are never willing participants. Now observe Daisy in action. Now observe Daisy in action. She is jumping Teddi as soon as she gives her permission to act.

You mean the girl who couldn't give proper consent, because she was being compelled by supernatural influence? A point which Teddy and the comic made apparent in the very strip you linked to.

'Shimoneta' also dealt with the matter of consent by having the two lead characters discuss it, concerning Anna's lust for Tanukichi. Anna wanted him to bone her, in no uncertain terms. But he refused because her sheltered upbringing left her unable to properly distinguish what her true feelings were. She thought she was in love, not realizing she was just horny.

Daisy's case is similar, in that she's horny for Teddy but she doesn't know why. The difference being, Daisy and her friends are enthralled, whereas Anna had no understanding of her body's urges, due to being sexually repressed by her parents.

renmei

Post by renmei »

Spidrift wrote:
MissMadness wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_comedy
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BlackComedy

That's the kind of humor in this comic. It's not meant to be for everyone, but then again we live in a world where people can afford to spend literal years hate boning dumb shit like this. So I guess we're all getting something out of it.