Dangerously Chloe 11-10-18 Worried About Chloe

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

LegendaryKroc

Re: Dangerously Chloe 11-10-18 Worried About Chloe

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Zorlond wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:42 am
So, there's no difference between reality and fiction for you? Yeah, you just went from pushing your modern human morals on the family pet to pushing your modern human morals on a place/situation that doesn't exist.
Putting aside that things not being real does not mean the morality of real life doesn't apply to them in any way, incest, including parent-child incest, is a thing that happens in real life, buddy. That didn't stop being a thing just because elements of the supernatural got involved. Besides that, I don't have an inherent problem with things that are illegal or morally-wrong happening in fiction, before you harp on me, but if you're going to go there, you need to do it right and if you're going to spring for something that's a severe transgression, such as incest, you need to do it for a reason. For example...

In the manga/anime Black Lagoon, there's a pair of supporting characters called Hansel and Gretel. They are a pair boy-and-girl twins who are violent, bloodthirsty professional killers and, on top of everything else, incestuous. But the series shows us what happened to make them like that, i.e. being raised in a utterly amoral orphanage where they were forced to partake in snuff films (which, yes, is exactly as sick and horrific as it sounds) which led to not only severe mental traumas that haunt them to this day, but also some seriously messed-up concepts of right and wrong, among other things. In that case, the incest is there, and it's creepy and weird (although Black Lagoon fans generally consider it on the lower end of the creepy scale since it's also something of a redeeming quality) but it serves a clear purpose. By contrast, the incest in this comic serves no purpose except to... be funny, I guess, judging by the fact it's in the final panel, which is usually where the punchline is?

You see where I'm going with this? Black Lagoon uses incest to demonstrate three things, i.e. a) the twins are fucked up, b) their backstory is more fucked up still, and c) the entire world of Black Lagoon is even more fucked up than you'd think BEFORE they arrive on the scene. It's pretty fucking dark, after all. Dangerously Chloe!, on the other hand, uses it as a punchline, and I assure you it's not in any way comical when it happens, whether by accident or on purpose.
Even skipping over the blatant bias towards physically attractive humanoids, you actually specifically mentioned another problem. Different societies. I think "white man's burden" has already proven how incredibly wrong that reasoning is.
"Blatant bias towards physically attractive humanoids"? What are you on about? We as a species are different from cats and dogs in several fundamental ways; it's not biased to say so. And we're talking about succubi here, so I used them as an example. Also, you're the one who cited them having different brains from us humans to the degree of being as an explanation for their behaviour. All I did was opine that comparison doesn't make sense because if succubi were real, we'd have more in common with them than cats or dogs, for the given reasons.

As for different societies and the "white man's burden"? Being part of a different society doesn't mean a practice is above reproach. Cannibalism is still a thing in some places; it's still not best practice.
Who's laws? American laws? Or how about Moroccan laws? Australian? They don't line up, man. Besides, here you're basically stating that laws = morality, which is so far from reality it might as well be fiction itself.
That's your rebuttal? That not every country has the exact same laws? That may be the case, but I'm sure a half-hour's Google searching would reveal significant overlaps. For instance, ever heard of the United Nations Convention against Torture? It's an international law, signed and ratified by 164 countries in the modern world (including the United States of America, Morocco and Australia, wise guy) that says torture of any kind carried out for any reason is illegal as fuck. And while laws are not one and the same thing as morality, (slavery used to be legal, and there used to be a law in Ireland that said women had to give up their full-time jobs upon marriage) they can definitely be influenced by it, and changed based on shifts in a society's general perception of morally-right behaviour. I only used the law in my phrasing because while morality is heavily subjective, full of exceptions and conditions and influenced by personal preference a lot of the time, the law (punitive law especially) applies equally to everyone under its jurisdiction. (At least on paper; in practice it often gets murky because to err is human, etc.)
Wendigos literally can't eat anything else. Spiders eat butterflies, lions eat zebras, sometimes there's just no alternative except gunning them down first, in which case who's the actual predator? The anime Trigun covered this pretty well in the late 90s. Vash didn't have an answer back then either.
Animals eat other animals (and by extension, animals eat plants) as a part of natural design. It's natural order-enforced population control designed to ensure no one species expands beyond the extent that nature can sustain them, no more and no less. Sapient-on-sapient hunting and eating would only be the same thing if wendigos were real and existed to be our predators. But they don't; they exist solely in the world of fiction, created by writers who were concerned with coming up with man-eating monsters to write scary stories about.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

Wow. I guess the banging your mom "prank" maybe....isn't something that Pandora would EVER worry about happening to her if this is her relationship with her own mom. Cause....i guess she wouldnt...mind...??????

(also i just got married today! yey...sorry im just so shocked im a wife now omg)

brasca

Post by brasca »

Congratulations! Nice to get a break from the usual tedious arguments.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:38 am
(also i just got married today! yey...sorry im just so shocked im a wife now omg)
Congratulations! ^_^ I hope you'll be very happy together.
Honeymoon all planned?

dmra

Post by dmra »

TwoWayStar wrote:
[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/xMzLBclN6Z2yA/giphy.gif[/im]
Congratulations. Hope it's a long and happy one.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Congratulations! :)
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Congratulations TwoWayStar!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Congratulations and many happy returns. :YMAPPLAUSE:

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I know I'm late to the party, but still, congratulations!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Seconded, I should say!
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Wow. I guess the banging your mom "prank" maybe....isn't something that Pandora would EVER worry about happening to her if this is her relationship with her own mom. Cause....i guess she wouldnt...mind...??????

Congratulations ever so much!

Oh and as a bonus, it would seem you discovered the magic words to bring a runaway thread to a halt! :D
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Seeing this a bit late, but congratulations!
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:10 am
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:22 am
The writer is writing the character. By your logic, a human writer shouldn't write about murder, because we know murder is wrong.
A writer can write what they want to write about. But, guess what? By publishing their work, they're opening themselves up to criticism, just like anyone else who creates any form of published media.

They don't like the criticism? Too bad for them. They're not entitled to praise, exclusively.
As for the succubi, I would think in 2018, this is a matter of two grown adults (Pandora is over 18) engaging in acts they both want to act in.
Incest is incest, dude - regardless of the age/species of the characters. The characters are succubi; sexual debauchery is expected. The readers, however, are not succubi; and will react to what they are shown.
Next thing you'll tell me, in 2018, they can't be any gender they want either.
In this comic? No, they can't. How many times was Teddy turned into a girl against his will? (first one was an accidental side effect; the second was a deliberate act - forcing him to pretend her had gender re-assignment surgery in order to explain his sudden, inexplicable change).
I didn't take the comment to be criticism or praise really. Sounds more like "Ewww, I hate that the story went there."

Yes and in 2018 an adult can do what an adult wants to do or your a bastard for denying them the ability to do whatever they want with a consenting adult and it's rude not to be accepting of it.

As for Teddy. He wanted to be a girl. He just said he didn't. Or else he'd just say he was a guy. That's exactly how that works. Unless his school and the comic are not 2018 where all you have to do, to be what you want, is to say you're it. Acceptance!

Maybe you'll be more accepting of people in 2019 :)

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:48 am
Maybe you'll be more accepting of people in 2019 :)
So, according to you, people who say incest is gross - fictional or otherwise, and no matter what the age of the characters are - or that a character was forced to say he had gender reassignment surgery because he had no other excuse to explain how he was suddenly a girl, are intolerant bigots?

Whatever, kiddo - you believe what you want. 8-|
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Castamir

Post by Castamir »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:47 pm
I’d argue this isn’t sexual. The most hardcore BDSM junkie on Earth wouldn’t brand their partner with a hot iron, or allow themselves to be branded.
The literature that first brought the subject of BDSM included exactly this.

And it's different for *C-verse demons, where they can just shape-shift into a form without the branding. Yes, this includes any other not immediately fatal wound too.
I hate dancing, but for your grave I can make an exception.