Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

brasca

Re: Dangerously Chloe 4-10-18 You Never Called

Post by brasca »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:34 pm
Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:10 pm
Things would have been so much easier if Charity had found a way to toss the ascending Teddi/y into the Void, where they/it could have finished gestating without risk to innocent bystanders...
Now we have this thing roamong the streets unmonitored.
And if it's happening to Teddy, who's to say it isn't happening to Teddi?
I don’t see Charity complaining about that outcome.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

That's assuming Teddi would want Charity and not a man.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I suppose she’d have to fly off to find one unless Mr. DeCarlo returns.

Onyx

Post by Onyx »

I actually got a kick out of this one

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well, then I'm happy for you. I don't begrudge anyone if they enjoy recent events. ^_^
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:34 pm
Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:10 pm
Things would have been so much easier if Charity had found a way to toss the ascending Teddi/y into the Void, where they/it could have finished gestating without risk to innocent bystanders...
Now we have this thing roamong the streets unmonitored.
And if it's happening to Teddy, who's to say it isn't happening to Teddi?

Weird how when Charity was checking their stats; something like this didn't pop up on screen.
I think that's because in spite of the separation, Teddy and Teddi are still changing. The process has just been slowed down, it hasn't been stopped. Didn't Charity mention that...? In any case, she isn't all-knowing, all her power is tied up, and Teddi/y is becoming some sort of deity. She's likely out of her depth...

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I’m forecasting Teddi will sprout angel wings and be goodie-good on overdrive.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:07 am
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 am
Hmmm...he forcibly grabbed a guy who said he wasn't gay, then continued to forcibly kiss him, which lead to sex. Is that considered proper fanservice?
As I understand the term "fanservice," is that it refers to "stylised nudity," over meaning what it sounds like. So, Ted Weinstein-ing Chris could be considered """fanservice""" in spite of its skeeviness.
I guess it's just a matter of "it's okay when it happens to certain people" with these posters cheering it :p

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:49 pm
I suppose she’d have to fly off to find one unless Mr. DeCarlo returns.
I half expect her to pull a Teddy and go see that jock. Wouldn't that poor bastard be so confused!

Speaking of...

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 am
Hmmm...he forcibly grabbed a guy who said he wasn't gay, then continued to forcibly kiss him, which lead to sex. Is that considered proper fanservice?
Sure - if you're into sexual assault.

Remember - it's not rape if they don't fight it/ended up liking it. /sarcasm x infinity!

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

We’re seeing an evil Teddy here. Evil characters are allowed to do evil things in a work of fiction.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

dmra

Post by dmra »

They are but even fictional evil characters tend to follow rules and be confined by limits on how "evil" they can be.

How well do you think it would go down with the audience here if the next strip showed Teddy enjoying torturing a puppy?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

lordoffiling wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:12 pm
We’re seeing an evil Teddy here. Evil characters are allowed to do evil things in a work of fiction.
Thing is, Teddy was doing this crap long before this point.

bejammin2000

Post by bejammin2000 »

I'm pretty sure that Teddy is some kind of male succubus. An incubus woudln't have gone after a dude.

And I'm guessing that Teddi is gonna be an some kind of lesbian angel.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:05 am
[quote=lordoffiling post_id=600262 time=<a href="tel:1538694764">1538694764</a> user_id=6810]
Thing is, Teddy was doing this crap long before this point.
[/quote]

True, but that’s allowed in fiction also. The good guy can make a mistake, or maybe it isn’t a mistake and the good guy can be not so good anymore, he may stumble, he may fall, character growth can go all sorts of directions. It doesn’t always have to be a straight line from good guy to better guy.

EDIT: Tried to fix that nested quote but it refuses, my apologies.

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

Boring and pointless. We have diverged so far from what the initial premise of this comic was, it might as well be a spin-off. ~O)
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

MissMadness

Dangerously Chloe 4-10-18 You Never Called

Post by MissMadness »

Okay I'm going to ignore the rant of the week going on.

On topic, I don't think Teddy is an incubus, he's a minor demonic sex god. Which might be a bit more problematic since unlike before it seems like he really can't control it and unconsciously (if the inverted eyes are any indication) going after the dudes he slept with as Teddi. Like as Teddi there was the pheremone thing going on with the bullies but this is different way different.

Oh yeah sidenote. If normal Succubi can be bisexual there isn't anything stopping a normal incubi from being the same way at least in this universee.