Re: Dangerously Chloe 1-10-18 Craving for Men

Post by brasca »

Error of Logic wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:36 am
brasca wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:13 pm
Error of Logic wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:38 pm
At least the bath scene ended up somewhere adjacent to humorous. If you squint a bit.
I'll leave it at that...
Indeed and after Teddy has his fill of men it’ll be Teddi’s turn with women. Rub-a-dub-dub. :-j
Meh. It's been done. A lot.

Yes, but Teddi hasn’t been with an angel yet.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:55 am
Brooke was willing to go along with a cat spirit being put into Kade's body. She'd need to have done an awful lot of really good things to make up for that and I don't think that letting Layla feed off her once really makes up for it.
Now you're exaggerating. 1.) Quintessa was stopped before she could complete the ritual. 2.) Going along with it was Brooke's only real lapse of judgement, because she was being motivated by her infatuation with Layla.

For Brooke to be the villain you're trying to cast her as, you'd have to ignore all the good she did prior to that moment; including literally opening a vein for a girl she didn't like, because she was starving. She also stopped Lax and Lux from picking on Chloe and Nina.
dmra wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:55 am
And it's a pretty odd logic that goes that it's OK for a school science teacher to undertake mad scientist type experiments on pupils because some other pupils come to them for advice.
No one was harmed in her experiments. In fact, those same students still respected and amired her which is why they always came to her when they needed help. So, yes, she was no differ than Emmet Brown.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:56 pm
Error of Logic wrote:
brasca wrote:

Indeed and after Teddy has his fill of men it’ll be Teddi’s turn with women. Rub-a-dub-dub. :-j

Nor does she need to be.

Seriously - it would be nice if the author would move the plot forward instead of stalling things by focusing on supplying more pointless eye candy.

But, who am I kidding? You'll probably get a Teddi/Charity nookie before we see this collection of idiots find a way to get Chloe under control so she isn't stuck chained to a basement wall until the comic ends.
Gotoh wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:43 pm
1.) Quintessa was stopped before she could complete the ritual.
But Brooke wasn't the one to stop the ritual; Layla did. That's the point.
2.) Going along with it was Brooke's only real lapse of judgement, because she was being motivated by her infatuation with Layla.
A lapse of judgement doesn't excuse her for doing it in the first place. Brooke wasn't under a spell - she knew it was wrong; but went along with it, anyway and would have turned a blind eye to it if Layla didn't regain control of herself.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:06 pm
But Brooke wasn't the one to stop the ritual; Layla did. That's the point.
I never said Brooke stopped the ritual. I only said the ritual was stopped before it could be completed.

But that wasn't dmra's point either. Their argument is, Brooke and Twiggit are no better than Chloe.
Fluffy wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:06 pm
A lapse of judgement doesn't excuse her for doing it in the first place.
When and where did I say that? :-\ What I said was:
Gotoh wrote:
For Brooke to be the villain you're trying to cast her as, you'd have to ignore all the good she did prior to that moment;

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

I think there's a false equivalence when comparing Brooke and Chloe.

Of course Brooke screwed up in the Quintessa arc, but that's one. Chloe screws up constantly. That's why Ilsa gave her an indefinite stay on Earth.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@rogermart: My point exactly.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

brasca wrote:
Error of Logic wrote:
brasca wrote:

It's not like DC is an eroge and Teddi/y will earn a badge or a special skill by screwing a member of every species. :-/

brasca

Post by brasca »

Error of Logic wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:28 pm
brasca wrote:
Error of Logic wrote:

It's not like DC is an eroge and Teddi/y will earn a badge or a special skill by screwing a member of every species. :-/
How do you know?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

We have yet to see a single badge drop.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Gotoh wrote:

Now you're exaggerating. 1.) Quintessa was stopped before she could complete the ritual. 2.) Going along with it was Brooke's only real lapse of judgement, because she was being motivated by her infatuation with Layla.

For Brooke to be the villain you're trying to cast her as, you'd have to ignore all the good she did prior to that moment; including literally opening a vein for a girl she didn't like, because she was starving. She also stopped Lax and Lux from picking on Chloe and Nina.
Where's the exaggeration? Was Qintessa stopped by Brooke? No it happened without her lifting a finger to help. As far as Brooke knew the ritual was going ahead and at best Kade was going to be sharing his body with the soul of a murderous cat and at worst was going to be kicked out of his own body to make way for the cat.

And yet she stopped protesting about that the second Qintessa whispered in her ear about the reward she'd get.

Now that might be a one off mistake but it's a pretty damn big one and not one that can really be excused by saying "Well the person who asked me to help in the rite was really attractive". Well not unless you think the Manson Family should have got a free pass because Charles Manson was charismatic.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

dmra wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:25 pm
Gotoh wrote:

Where's the exaggeration? Was Qintessa stopped by Brooke? No it happened without her lifting a finger to help. As far as Brooke knew the ritual was going ahead and at best Kade was going to be sharing his body with the soul of a murderous cat and at worst was going to be kicked out of his own body to make way for the cat.

And yet she stopped protesting about that the second Qintessa whispered in her ear about the reward she'd get.

Now that might be a one off mistake but it's a pretty damn big one and not one that can really be excused by saying "Well the person who asked me to help in the rite was really attractive". Well not unless you think the Manson Family should have got a free pass because Charles Manson was charismatic.
In other words, it doesn't matter how thoughtful/caring/helpful Brooke was in the past; that one instance where she was willing to stand aside when a friend was in harm's way - all because she was promised vampire nookie - taints her overall 'good girl' image.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:25 pm
Where's the exaggeration?

that might be a one off mistake but it's a pretty damn big one and not one that can really be excused by saying "Well the person who asked me to help in the rite was really attractive". Well not unless you think the Manson Family should have got a free pass because Charles Manson was charismatic.
I'd say you answered your own question, 'cuz your original argument was Brooke was no better than Chloe. Now you've gone from that to this? That's false equivalence if ever I saw it.
Fluffy wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:44 pm
In other words, it doesn't matter how thoughtful/caring/helpful Brooke was in the past; that one instance where she was willing to stand aside when a friend was in harm's way - all because she was promised vampire nookie - taints her overall 'good girl' image.
No, it really doesn't. All it says about her is: she isn't perfect. Standing idly by while Kade's soul was about to be replaced doesn't suddenly change the fact that Brooke was one of the most sensible characters in the comic. To claim otherwise, you'd have to disregard everything she's done for her friends, to focus on the one time she did nothing.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:38 pm
No, it really doesn't. All it says about her is: she isn't perfect. Standing idly by while Kade's soul was about to be replaced doesn't suddenly change the fact that Brooke was one of the most sensible characters in the comic. To claim otherwise, you'd have to disregard everything she's done for her friends, to focus on the one time she did nothing.
But it wasn't as if Brooke did something small wrong. What she was going along with was tantamount to murder - assuming Kade's spirit was going to be expelled from his body or at best submitting a friend to a living hell if he was in there with the spirit of a historically homicidal cat.

The point is that the balance between good and bad in somebody isn't just weighed up in the quantity of their deeds or misdeeds but the quality too.

And the difference between Brooke and Chloe is that Chloe gets things wrong by mistake. Her intentions are good (admittedly we all know which road is paved with those) and she's trying to help. But Brooke's act was selfish and carried out knowing in full the potential consequences to a friend.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:38 pm
All it takes is 'one time' to completely destroy someone's reputation. If Brooke was under some kind of influence, it could be excused - but, she wasn't. Brooke was in full control of her faculties when she chose to stand aside to allow Kade to be possessed/kicked out of his own body to make room for Quintessa's beloved cat - all because Quintessa sweet talked her. That's not a minor boo boo one can easily overlook. Hell, when Layla regained her senses, she outright chastised Brooke for being such an enabling spaz.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:44 pm
Kade and Dio got a lot of flack in the bonus story where they kept quite about Ace transforming to Acina because they preferred having sex with her to letting a friend who had asked them for help know what was happening to him. At least Dio and Kade had the potential excuse that Acina was apparently a person entirely separate from Ace and they were helping her rather than him.

In this case Brooke was happy to stand by and watch while Kade's spirit was either evicted from his body or he was made to share it with a killer cat. The only people Brooke was helping were Qintessa and herself.

Given the scale and scope of her bad act I think that mos reasonable people would agree that yes it does indeed taint her good girl image.