Dangerously Chloe 1-10-18 Craving for Men

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

dmra

Re: Dangerously Chloe 1-10-18 Craving for Men

Post by dmra »

blood_and_cocopops wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:46 am

Anyway, Al and Kimmy arn't seperate people.
Actually Al and Kimmy aren't really "people" at all.

As Kimmy told Teddy when they first met they are a "metaphysical embodiment of mortality" which just happened to take human form. Hence the whole having ectoplasm and not blood and not being a suitable subject for a succubus' first sexual experience things.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... embodiment

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... y-calories

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:46 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:05 am
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:15 am

Actually it makes perfect sense, Alchemy has been consistantly showen as being pansexual, the first person Alchemy was showen to be interest in was Teddy, the only other person Alchemy has showen interest in is Chloe and since has consistantly showen interest in both of them reguardless of wether in their male body or female body. And in this case, its AGAIN, Alchemy showing interest in Teddy, just a much mroe attractive Teddy who Alchemy has always been attracted to. How does that not make sense to you?
Pro-tip - ending your paragraph with a snarky rhetorical question is unlikely to convince anyone to change their opinion to yours.
That said, I didn't refute Alchemy's interest in Teddy, however, it was more from the Kimmy side, and also mainly attracted to Teddy's meek yet sincere personality. Also, Teddy wasn't built like a damn young Schwarzernegger when Kimmy was interested in him. And the Al side has shown only sexual interest in female shaped entities, and was in his mind dating the female Teddi, therefore, Al's interest in the new excessively masculine Ted makes no sense.
thats not a rhetorical question. A rhetorical question isn't really a question but a statment that requires no answer. I wanted an answer from you it was a very open question asking you to explain a thaught process. Not rhetorical. if I'd said "Are you an idiot?" that would be a snarky rhetorical question. As an example.

Anyway, Al and Kimmy arn't seperate people. They are Alchemy, their thaught process and feelings towards someone dosen't change when they swap body (as is evident with the consistant interest in both Teddy and Chloe.) The swap in body just reflects if they are feeling more masculine or more feminine at that moment. Alchemy is attraced to teddy, has been from the start, and in this strip is still showing that same interest that has allways been there. Teddy just got a sexy new body, which alchemy is clearly showing approval over. Don't think of Al and Kimy as seperate people because they arn't they are the exact same person just a gender fluid person who takes the term literally.
I apologise for reading it as a rhetorical question; since I had explained why I didn't think it made sense, I presumed it was such a question.

Speaking of Kimmy, she has been MIA for a long time now.
I understand they are supposed to be the same person, however, it seemed to be established that whether the Al side or Kimmy side was dominant, then certain traits were stronger; besides, if they are meant to be the same individual, then they should've called "dibs" on both Teddy and Teddi, as those two are essentially if Alchemy was divided into Al and Kimmy, however, Al grabbed the super buff one that doesn't have the same body, personality, or anything substantially similar to the original Teddy, nor the feminine body that was the first to become intimate with him.
Al's disregard of the female version emphasises the sense that this strip is clogged with inconsistent writing.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

vampire hunter D wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:05 am
I'm afraid of the thread that's coming
I'm not! :D
314b5afe6737a2194cab330f141e67d4--so-funny-funny-stuff.jpg
314b5afe6737a2194cab330f141e67d4--so-funny-funny-stuff.jpg (12.65 KiB) Viewed 4992 times

dmra

Post by dmra »

@OllieOrOlly I suspect that Al's choice of Teddy owed as much to the need to get Teddi into a bath with Charity as it did anything else.

Unless the writers were going to go down the "tug of war with Teddi as the rope" route then pairing them off with their current "partners" was just about the only option given that Charity's sexual interest in Teddi has been a long established theme in the comic.

Admittedly with her interest in Zachuriel being downplayed or forgotten about since the awakening of her curiosity.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Cortez wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:35 am
So Teddy still likes male Al.
I don't think that's necessarily the case.

Thanks to the succubus blood in her veins, Teddi craved a man's touch, and still has a thing for Al. Seeing as she can see/feel everything through Teddy (and vice versa), she sees Al through Teddy's eyes and wants him - badly; so, acts through her male counterpart to get her sexual gratification; which Teddy can't seem to control, so makes no effort to stop it - thus having his first real gay sexual encounter.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

dmra wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:59 am
@OllieOrOlly I suspect that Al's choice of Teddy owed as much to the need to get Teddi into a bath with Charity as it did anything else.

Unless the writers were going to go down the "tug of war with Teddi as the rope" route then pairing them off with their current "partners" was just about the only option given that Charity's sexual interest in Teddi has been a long established theme in the comic.

Admittedly with her interest in Zachuriel being downplayed or forgotten about since the awakening of her curiosity.
Yeah, I understand the motivation in the set up, it is simply the execution that doesn't work and adds to the continuing line of lazy and clumsy writing for the sake of a stupid joke and/or fanservice.

I don't remember Charity ever not being bicurious, though it could be because the comic's story has been so shambolic that I can only remember most recent events, as well as the parts that are the most annoying. Ahaa

dmra

Post by dmra »

Charity seemed to develop an interest in girls after this strip which was about half way thorough her archive. Although whether it's all girls or just Teddi I can't remember and don't have time to trawl the archive now.

http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips-dc/Distraction

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:48 pm
dmra wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:59 am

Yeah, I understand the motivation in the set up, it is simply the execution that doesn't work and adds to the continuing line of lazy and clumsy writing for the sake of a stupid joke and/or fanservice.

I don't remember Charity ever not being bicurious, though it could be because the comic's story has been so shambolic that I can only remember most recent events, as well as the parts that are the most annoying. Ahaa
I honestly don't recall Charity being anything other than hetero (she was seriously hard up on getting Zachuriel to notice her) - that is, until Pandora threw lewd pics of Teddi at her and said 'she has a crush on you!'.

I get angels are sexually repressed in this universe - but to instantly become bi-curious just by looking at pictures of a naked 'girl'/being told said girl has a crush on you, really? 8-|

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

There are a couple of reasons why Alchemy probably doesn’t count for breaking the contract. As others have pointed out, Alchemy isn’t female, or male, or even a person really. Alchemy is, in their own words, an abstract concept in human shape. Teddy specifically wished for a girlfriend, I imagine to lawyer your way out you’d need an actual girl.

But that doesn’t matter anyway.

Teddy loves Chloe. The terms of the deal don’t come up anymore because it no longer matters. As far as the contract is concerned, Hell held up their end. Regardless of who else he may love in addition to her, he loves her. Goods delivered, payment due. He will need some other way out.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

TtheLurker

Post by TtheLurker »

Is there any character in this comic that a heterosexual male reader can empathize with?

Or are they no longer a part of the target demographic?

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

TtheLurker wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:13 pm
Is there any character in this comic that a heterosexual male reader can empathize with?

Nope.

Which is sad - because there used to be something akin to a decent plot and likable characters when it first started. Given how much this comic has tanked, it would have been better if it was cancelled outright.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

dmra wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:08 am
That's pretty much ancient history though.
It doesn't change the fact that the creative team has portrayed non-sexual relationships. At least, in EC and MC (Cerise and Callista).
dmra wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:08 am
There was a time too when Dangerously Chloe was a romantic comedy and look at how that has gone. Chloe is chained up in a basement driven mad with lust while her "boyfriend" is sharing a bed with Al.
If we're being honest, I'd say that's because of Chloe. She never had much presence to begin with, she was always a side character at best and a background extra the rest of the time. The only time that changed was during the Doompanties arc. So I'm not surprised that she hasn't had much involvement even in her own comic. If anything, it's consistent for her character.

That isn't a dig at Chloe, it's just how I've always seen her based on what we've seen of her. :-??

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

At least the bath scene ended up somewhere adjacent to humorous. If you squint a bit.
I'll leave it at that...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

TtheLurker wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:13 pm

Someone posted a list of heterosexual characters in the first page.

Besides, heterosexual males aren't exactly an underrepresented group.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Error of Logic wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:38 pm
At least the bath scene ended up somewhere adjacent to humorous. If you squint a bit.
I'll leave it at that...
Indeed and after Teddy has his fill of men it’ll be Teddi’s turn with women. Rub-a-dub-dub. :-j