Dangerously Chloe 6-09-18 An Aggressive Stance

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Error of Logic

Re: Dangerously Chloe 6-09-18 An Aggressive Stance

Post by Error of Logic »

Varanus wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:27 am
Well to be fair, Teddy didn't know he was going to become a god. He just thought he'd gain the angel durability.

"We're both so young" was a really odd thing to say though, given how much sex he's already had (albeit in another form) and that he knows Chloe needs to do this to live.
Maybe Teddy's new perspective as an emergent deity ("everything is different now") influenced his words? From the perspective of a deity, they are both young. Teddy could even count as being a newborn.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:27 am
FuzzyFace wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:40 am
3. Some have now speculated that if Teddy were to try to take advantage of his new status, it could trigger the explosion that Charity has stopped. That's a new situation which only exists so far on the forum.
This is the part I don't get. An angel, demon, or an extraordinarily resilient human male would have sufficed to deflower Chloe. So why did Teddy need to become a god? We've gone from the male victim might die, to untold thousands might die.
Aside from the fact that Chloe is literally saving herself for Teddy (not even kidding - Pandora confirmed this as a fact)...

1) Chloe hates angels; as they're the literal enemy - so, even if one were to agree to bed her, she'd adamantly refuse them.

2) Male demons are terrified of succubi due to their violent nature between the sheets; so, when one appears, the males make themselves scarce out of the need for self preservation.

3) Mortal men. even particularly resilient ones, have a next to nothing chance in surviving deflowering a virgin succubus ; which is why any male who had survived such a task was considered a thing of legends. This is also why Teddy (while female) went on his little sex quest to begin with - to find the perfect male sacrifice (I'm sorry, 'boyfriend') for Chloe - despite Pandora repeatedly telling him that a mere mortal - even the virile one he picked as 'the winner' - wasn't going to cut it. If any of those guys knew what they were being set up for, they wouldn't have given Teddy the time of day; because no man in his right mind is going to risk getting disemboweled just so they can pop a virgin succubus' cherry (and if that didn't make them run for the hills, learning how succubi reproduction works would have).

So, the only solution (according to this collective group of dumbasses) was to inject Teddy with angelic blood so he could become the 'ultimate male'. None of these dimwits knew all that the mixed blood would result in turning him into a deity, instead (that's just the apparent bonus).
Last edited by Fluffy on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Gotoh wrote:
I'm not being contrarian, it's just one of those things that makes me wonder how the existence of cryptids, magic users, etc. has remained a secret from the public all this time, despite events like this one and the invasion of Montreal.
Did you ever wonder why priests go around in those sharp black suits, with just that little bit of white on the collar?

They are the Men in Black.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@lordoffilling: So it's because of 'Father' K and 'Bishop' J? :P
Fluffy wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:14 am
Aside from the fact that Chloe is literally saving herself for Teddy (not even kidding - Pandora confirmed this as a fact)...

So, the only solution (according to this collective group of dumbasses) was to inject Teddy with angelic blood so he could become the 'ultimate male'. None of these dimwits knew all that the mixed blood would result in turning him into a deity, instead (that's just the apparent bonus).
As previously noted, I get what you're saying, but that isn't what I'm getting at (which is: how did the story get from we need to endanger one poor sap, to jeopardizing thousands just to punch one girl's v-card)? Hence, why I said instead of resolving the issue, they (i.e. the writers) have made it bigger.

It's also why I asked how is it possible that the public has remained unaware of the existence of cryptids and whatnot, despite supernatural events taking place in plain sight? The events in DC alone should have made it impossible (like Chloe openly displaying her powers without any regard for potential witnesses).

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

The possibility exists that the monster hunters are preserving the masquerade by editing memories and suppressing investigations, to prevent mass panic and violence against benevolent cryptids.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Error of Logic: Maybe, but we've seen no evidence of anyone actively covering anything up.

EC at least showed Layla and Jeffrey kept the truth about CH under wraps, and Brooke and Ace tried to cover up the theatre incident. MC also had Cerise take care to use Callista's back window so no one would see Toby. But all of that was in the other two *C-verse comics.

In DC, neither side seems to care if the public sees anything. Chloe, least of all.

MrsKytro

Post by MrsKytro »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:18 pm

As previously noted, I get what you're saying, but that isn't what I'm getting at (which is: how did the story get from we need to endanger one poor sap, to jeopardizing thousands just to punch one girl's v-card)? Hence, why I said instead of resolving the issue, they (i.e. the writers) have made it bigger.
That's ... normal, right? Storylines often progress to bigger problems through various hijinks.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Mrs. Kytro: Not necessarily, there are just as many stories where the stakes remain consistent throughout.

Case in point: Avatar's premise was for Aang to master the four elements and defeat the Fire Lord before Sozin's Comet arrived. If he succeeded , he could begin to restore balance to the the world. Failure meant the world falling under the Fire Nation's dominion. No further tension was added, or needed than that.

Here, we've gone from: Chloe trying to find a way to free Teddy from their pact, to Teddy needing to find an unwitting victim to deflower Chloe, to Teddy becoming a god to do the deed himself, to a sizable portion of the Thornhill's populace being in danger if they bang.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:18 pm

Because - the long and short of it all is - Chloe is a stubborn idiot who refuses to lose her virginity to anyone but Teddy; which forces everyone else to take stupid risks (and, as a result, putting countless lives in danger) in order to accommodate her wishes.

What makes this all the more infuriating (to me, anyway) is that the stupid risks that these people (largely Teddy) are taking is being depicted as being noble/self sacrificing acts.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:01 am
What makes this all the more infuriating (to me, anyway) is that the stupid risks that these people (largely Teddy) are taking is being depicted as being noble/self sacrificing acts.
It'd be nice if DC had at least one sensible character for moments like these.

MissMadness

Post by MissMadness »

Gotoh wrote:

This is the part I don't get. An angel, demon, or an extraordinarily resilient human male would have sufficed to deflower Chloe. So why did Teddy need to become a god? We've gone from the male victim might die, to untold thousands might die.

Instead of solving the problem, it's created a bigger one.
Keep in mind that Teddi was trying to find an extraordinarily resilient human male but that didn't work. He doesn't know any male demons or angels to have do the deed. He finally decided to use the angel blood because that was his best opinion avaiable to him, he just didn't know that he'd turn into a god.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@MissMadness: Teddy had a better option and it's the one he completely overlooked: he could've asked Chloe if she knew anyone who could help her.

If one of my highschool buddies was in a bind, my first thought would be to ask: "What about your parents?" because that's who most kids/teens turn to when they need help. It doesn't guarantee that they can solve the problem, but it's usually a good place to start.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Now that you mention it, remember when i said that she doesn't contact Nina and Brooke? add to that list HER MOM!!!

So years pass in hell, she is back on Earth because of Teddy, and she doesn't contact her mom at all? At least I don't remember it happening on this comic.

About this strip, Charity:
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Varanus wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:27 am
"We're both so young" was a really odd thing to say though, given how much sex he's already had (albeit in another form) and that he knows Chloe needs to do this to live.
It's this attitude plus angel blood, it's entirely possible that no desire for nookie remains. Teddi's gone(if they were split in two, with the whole being part male, part female, part life, part death, part infernal, part divine... with the male, divine and and living parts obviously still being present... with Teddi getting the girl part and the infernal part... wouldn't she also be part death? Teddi may literally be gone to wherever dead succubae go) and she was the lustful part of the internal arguments...

Why someone like that would ask a talking statue for a girlfriend in the first place is a question best left to aged sages.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Chloe just couldn't control her succubus' instincts. :-?