Possible mistake in panel 2, bubble 2.

Shouldn't that be "every ounce?"
"Integrate", also

Gotoh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 3-09-18 Everything is Different Now

Post by Gotoh »

rogermart wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:14 am
The problem there is that they only did energy feeding, not succubus deflowering, every time Pandora or Chloe mention it, it's devastating, Chloe talks about guts being strewn about the room like streamers. Pandora mentions "disemboweling", we're talking about Cannibal Corpse's lyrics here, so I don't think Ash would survive that.
Gaby and Tandy both fought Chloe while she was enraged and not only won, they both walked away in one piece. Whereas Ash defeated the entire Ninja Club (including Tandy) on his own. It was also vaguely implied that he spars with Faith, whom we were repeatedly told is is no pushover, including her hand-to-hand capability. If Ash can survive that, I don't see Chloe being much worse.

AA and (presumably) Apollo's students are being trained to hunt cryptids. Part of that training would have to include how not to get killed doing it.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gotoh - I get that you're a big fan of the Magic Chick cast and don't want to view them as anything less than competent in what they do; but we're not talking about fighting prowess in this instance - we're talking about deflowering a virgin succubus; which has been defined numerous times as being especially violent/gory and always results in the horrific deaths of the first handful of lovers (which is why succubi are sent to the mortal realm to - as Pandora put it - get a few practice corpses in before bedding someone they genuinely care about).

The last time Ash encountered succubi, they weren't having sex with him - just feeding off of his essence while they made out with him. Yes, there were three of them - which would have probably killed the average man; but, making out and sex are two entirely different things. If those three opted to shag him instead of shower him with kisses, the chances are highly probable that Ash would have died.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fluffy wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:53 pm
making out and sex are two entirely different things. If those three opted to shag him instead of shower him with kisses, the chances are highly probable that Ash would have died.
I get that. Pandora said it was rare for a human to survive sex with a virgin succubus, but not impossible.

All I'm saying is: It isn't hard to believe that Ash might be that 1 in a million statistic, given what we've seen him survive so far.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Key word being "might", it's not a sure thing he could survive.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Cortez: Sure, but the same applies to angels and demon boys, since Pandora said they've died too. Yet, everyone here acts as if it's a sure thing. So I don't see how their chances are any better than his.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

I guess it's all about probability. When it comes to succubus deflowering, angels and demons have a high survival rate, and human's survival rate is so low, Pandora has to clarify that it's the stuff of legends... so choosing between 90% chance and less than 1% chance is an easy choice (now, Teddy went in another direction but that's another conversation)
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Since we’re looking at this again...

Ash is pretty awesome. That’s not to be denied.

But, he’s no demigod, which I’m pretty sure is what we’re about to be shown it’d take to live this. These men of legend who accomplished the deed...

Firstly, might not have been real, legends frequently are fiction...

Secondly, if they did exist, were probably half-deity in some way, like Hercules or other mythical beings.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

lordoffiling wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:54 am
Firstly, might not have been real, legends frequently are fiction...
True, but legends are also often exaggerations. Meaning, all those stories about human men dying horrifying deaths at the hands of deflowered succubi could be entirely made up as well.
lordoffilling wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:54 am
Secondly, if they did exist, were probably half-deity in some way, like Hercules or other mythical beings.
Not necessarily, look at Faith. She's an esper, but she's still human and she possesses such an abnormally high level of psi power that it could easily be considered legendary. Just sayin'.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Does she still have that much power? Iirc, the school was supercharging her. Now thst she's no longer student body president, is she still receiving the power boost?

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

We saw other students get power boosts from the school; there was nothing stated that restricted it to the student body president.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Yeah, but their charges were temporary. Wasn't the school boosting Abbot all the time, leading to her influencing the whole student body's libido?

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

I mean, if they don't let Chloe have sex with him, when his power is barely restrained from leveling Thornhill by conscious effort, they're idiots.

FuzzyFace

Post by FuzzyFace »

Error of Logic wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:03 am
Yeah, but their charges were temporary. Wasn't the school boosting Abbot all the time, leading to her influencing the whole student body's libido?
Unclear. It is given that she had a psychic connection to the school, but I don't see anything that says it was because of her status as student president. I took it as due to her esper powers.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

All this talk of power levels, I felt I’d misclicked into a DBZ forum for a minute...

:)
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling