Dangerously Chloe 16-08-18 Turning into a God

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Error of Logic

Re: Dangerously Chloe 16-08-18 Turning into a God

Post by Error of Logic »

Turning Chloe into an archdemon? The devil to Teddi's deity?
She could probably leave Tartarus if that happened, but it's looking more and more like Teddi will create a separate reality for them to inhabit... them and the rest of the harem.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Cortez wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:54 pm
Since her ascension will cause a big bang, it's a capital G God.
To quote Charity it's going to cause a "miniature big bang". I'm not sure tha physics has advanced enough yet for any of us to predict with certainty exactly what one of those will do.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

It's a big bang, i think we know what that implies.

dmra

Post by dmra »

The creation of a miniature universe?

Judging from Charity's reaction that clearly isn't a good thing but it doesn't of itself answer any questions. Will that universe replace ours, will it exist within ours or will it exist parallel to ours? And will Teddy exist in the new universe, or in our universe or another parallel one?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that Dave01 isn't displaying any greatly refined knowledge of cosmology here. I think that "big bang" just means "sodding great explosion", with maybe a hint that it's powered by divine energy, rather than the past-time mathematical singularity inherent in a cosmological model.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

dmra

Post by dmra »

The fact that Chloe recognised the implications of "big bang" brewing in Teddy suggests that it's not just any old big bang that is being talked about but a Big Bang.

Having said that it's theologically truer that God caused the Big Bang and not the other way round. Or at least most monotheists are unlikely to be happy with the idea that their god was the result of a cosmic accident.

Swiftwinged Doom

Post by Swiftwinged Doom »

By the definition that we use for Him in this instance, God cannot be 'an accident' and maintain his capital G status. His authority in the span of creation stems that everything comes from His divine will saying it must be so. He didn't come from the Bang, He willed the Bang to happen and everything that followed after. I think we also need to keep in mind that we're also dealing with extremely low echelon powers here, who probably don't really fully comprehend the kind of power behind that which Was, Is and Is To Come and some stupid meatbag with a celestial nuke brewing inside his mortal sausage casing
Proudly broadcasting from Flint MI. The first city in North America to fight crime with Urban Blight.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Error of Logic wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:07 am
Turning Chloe into an archdemon? The devil to Teddi's deity?
She could probably leave Tartarus if that happened, but it's looking more and more like Teddi will create a separate reality for them to inhabit... them and the rest of the harem.
Maybe it will end with Teddi saying “Hey everyone! We’re all gonna get laid!”

brasca

Post by brasca »

It looks like Teddi is growing a third eye. I don't know which supernatural possesses that.

sparky

Post by sparky »

brasca wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:50 pm
It looks like Teddi is growing a third eye. I don't know which supernatural possesses that.
Perhaps this? If it is Shiva there will be a big bang indeed.
https://www.lotussculpture.com/blog/thi ... -buddhism/

brasca

Post by brasca »

I know Pandora gets around, but I didn't think she had time to get Shiva blood.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

The third eye is not unique to deities. It's an esoteric concept connected to the brow chakra and associated with clairvoyance and visions. In this case, it may simply be indicative of the expansion of Teddi's senses as part of their ascension.

sparky

Post by sparky »

Error of Logic wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:57 pm
The third eye is not unique to deities. It's an esoteric concept connected to the brow chakra and associated with clairvoyance and visions. In this case, it may simply be indicative of the expansion of Teddi's senses as part of their ascension.
Perhaps, but apparently some cataclysm is supposedly going to happen, or it will if it can't get changed. I'm wondering though if it's not going to be Teddy's fault but rather the fall out from the Chloe-Charity kerfuffle. :YMDEVIL: O:-)

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

So... is there any reason why they can't just... pop back in time and put this to a stop before it starts? I mean, Chloe's used time travel to ruin Teddi's life once before, why not use it to prevent her from becoming a god? She'd probably be passed on the spot for that one.

Failing that, they could try shooting (or stabbing(or chopping(or bashing(or... you get the idea)))) Teddi with some weapon or other (although killing her may not prevent the miniature cosmic bang), teleporting her to some other place(Cut-Thrust's bedroom for preference) so she can explode there(this one wouldn't prevent her from becoming a god unfortunately) or injecting her with yet more blood (maybe from the little sister, or a human girl, like Naomi) in the hopes of disrupting the "six halves" dealy she has going(but the amount of blood of each type may not matter at this point).