Dangerously Chloe 16-08-18 Turning into a God

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

detrius

Re: Dangerously Chloe 16-08-18 Turning into a God

Post by detrius »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:49 am
Huh, if it was that easy to make a god, I wonder why there isn't a precedent? I suppose each of the supernatural realms kept fairly segregated, so nobody had the chance to perform such an experiment... Still, makes the chaotic evils of the reality seem really lax.
We've yet to see anything of the actual God, if it actually exists in this series. Though it seems plausible if both divine and infernal intervention would cooperate to stop the cataclysm.
Do you have any idea of how many fertility gods and goddesses there are?

They're obviously all the result of dumb teenagers making stupid decisions.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

detrius wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:31 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Huh, if it was that easy to make a god, I wonder why there isn't a precedent? I suppose each of the supernatural realms kept fairly segregated, so nobody had the chance to perform such an experiment... Still, makes the chaotic evils of the reality seem really lax.
We've yet to see anything of the actual God, if it actually exists in this series. Though it seems plausible if both divine and infernal intervention would cooperate to stop the cataclysm.
Do you have any idea of how many fertility gods and goddesses there are?

They're obviously all the result of dumb teenagers making stupid decisions.

I'm aware there are loads of gods and pantheons, yet this strip seems to be following the lore of Judeo-Christianity, thus a title or role as a "God" (big or little "g") has a far greater significance.

... Though, with your final point, just the fairly commonly known Greek Mythological family tree does read like a teen soap with superpowers. :))

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Someone mentioned why Artemis isn’t on the scene yet...

I don’t know, can they apparate? If not it might take them a minute to find their shoes and their keys.

It’s a good point though. I’m sure everyone who keeps tabs on supernatural events on Earth is either watching closely or diving for cover.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Hecate needed to be summoned before she made her first appearance.

Maybe the gods of the pixieverse have a rule not to personally interfere unless mortals actively involve them? I imagine they'd have lots of rules in place to prevent open, world-wrecking warfare.

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

Yup, figured something like this.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

joe england

Post by joe england »

Okay, this is interesting. And it occurs to me that Teddi might have outgrown quite a few of her problems. Money, groceries, high school... a supreme being sleeps wherever they want to.

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

This strip is in dire need of a cameo by Bill Murray:

Ok, thanks Igon. Important safety tip: DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS.

dmra

Post by dmra »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
The fact that Charity knows about it suggests that it's not exactly unknown as a concept. And it's not as though she's that high-ranking an angel.

And compared to most Dark Lord type power grabs getting hold of one angel, one succubus/incubus and a reaper (or at least a sample of their blood/ectoplasm) seems to be a lot less complicated and less hard work than taking over the world in the more traditional way. A lot fewer annoying hero types to deal with too I'd imagine.

Unless of course there's some kind of catch with becoming a god this way it does seem that it might be quite common.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Only if people knew about it. If the PTB were aware of this possibility (and the fact a low-ranking and slightly unstable angel like Charity knows of it suggests they do), I can quite easily see why they would try to keep it secret from mortals: there are many pantheons, and they don't need even more competition, let alone some newbie wrecking the game board.

Also, even if a mortal learned of the secret, angels, demons and reapers would outclass most of them in physical, magical and spiritual might, and in most cases would probably not be inclined to A: hand out free power-ups to mortals and B: engage in freaky blood-mixing experiments with their sworn enemies. It'd take some mighty fast talking and a lot of luck to convince a standard cryptid trio to cooperate. Teddi, of course, stumbled into it all by a combination of good intentions, stupidity, hormones and Murphy's Law.

Swiftwinged Doom

Post by Swiftwinged Doom »

In all likelihood, we're looking at a lowercase 'g' god as opposed to anything closed to the big G of the Bible. The God whose very presence reduces mountains to gravel and effectively necessitates reality as we understand it. That being said, we're likely looking at some serious fallout from all the overloading celestial energy threatening to burst from Teddy's innards. In an ordinary case, this would likely call for the intervention of an Archangel or some kind of demon lord. In this case, a pack of imbeciles will have to suffice. Good luck everybody!
Proudly broadcasting from Flint MI. The first city in North America to fight crime with Urban Blight.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Since her ascension will cause a big bang, it's a capital G God.

Swiftwinged Doom

Post by Swiftwinged Doom »

I would argue he's still lesser. He can't claim self-creation. A major aspect of the Abrahamic God being that He (or She or They as you like) exists by Himself and independent of any other source. Everything else that is relies on Him. Teddy is merely piggybacking on an overload of surplus energy that simply mixed together to form a bomb without any real power or intellect behind it. If he were to master his power in some way, he'd surely be up there with Skyfathers like Zeus or Odin maybe, Closer probably to something like Michael Demiurgos in the Lucifer comics (who also had the power to create Big Bangs, but was still weaker than God) but Alpha and Omega? Not seeing that.
Proudly broadcasting from Flint MI. The first city in North America to fight crime with Urban Blight.

RemoWilliams

Post by RemoWilliams »

You know, after Teddi turns into a God, I don't envy the poor jerk who gets the job of writing the Holy Scripture.

"And, yea, there was much pole-dancing and many threesomes, during which the multitudes cried out in thanks and amazement."

Remo Williams,
The Master of Sinanju.

sparky

Post by sparky »

I didn't read Magick Chicks too long because I got really bored with the high school drama even with a supernatural element, but didn't Cerise turn into a god or something really powerful like that?
Now let's all sing along...
:-= :-= :-= "We will call you Cygnus, the God of Balance you shall be" :-= :-= :-=
(As if.)

Mutant for Hire

Post by Mutant for Hire »

I wonder if Chloe can drain him of all that excess power.