Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

07-08-18 Something in my eye

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 07-08-18 Something in my eye

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Simply adore the emotional journey that Peggy and her expressions go on within this update; from the hidden in shadows to be nebulous but presumably shy state of the first panel, (that sweet butt peek. Heh heh), to the concluding couplet that shows her emotionally yet jubilant overwhelmed face until her final calming, uncertain joy. :)

Kudos, Giz! You've managed to successfully maintain the precarious balance between fanservice and characterisation, without losing a beat!

VoxPopuli

Post by VoxPopuli »

Bare Peggy butt AND great expressions. Good day.

Please, please, please don't let him end up with Zii.

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

So for now, this is peggy's flaw : her inability to invest herself in a serious relationship and to share her feeling with her partner...

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Someone's in love... :x
FIRRIB

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, the power of sincerity. Gets 'em every time.

Now, I wouldn’t take this as proof that Peggy is truly smitten with Gary. She might be, or it might just be that she’s had a sad shortage of people saying honestly nice things to her recently. But even she might have difficulty disentangling the two effects.

(And the funny thing is, the other Ma3 character who sometimes emphasises the word “casual” when talking about her sex life In an attempt to muddy the waters is Zii.)
Last edited by Spidrift on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

So, it's been five or more days for the characters... and no resolution of Gary and Zii's encounter? Where are Zii and Didi? I see Lita's still around... but no sign of the other house residents.

So much suspense! :D

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

By the way, points to the writers for creating a “will they, won’t they” situation between two lead characters in a comic where the usual rule is that characters will, energetically, at the first opportunity.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:16 am
Kudos, Giz! You've managed to successfully maintain the precarious balance between fanservice and characterisation, without losing a beat!
Most of the covering up is to avoid the strip being flagged as hostile by the overly prudish advertisers. Modifications for the book release will be done such as removing Peggy's top and possibly more revealing body angles. I just hope Giz doesn't go too far so as not to distract from the emotional impact that has developed in those last few strips.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Oh God please please please let this ship sale

Jackass Mask

Post by Jackass Mask »

Damn, I had really hoped this ship had sunk below the waves, but apparently somebody went and raised the Titanic.

Castamir

Post by Castamir »

crimzontearz wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:09 pm
Oh God please please please let this ship sale
Concurred — it needs to get sold for scrap. Peggy is a nasty pain in the ass (by two meanings).
I hate dancing, but for your grave I can make an exception.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Wow. Compliments to Giz and Dave for inspiring such venom toward nonexistent people.
---------
Spidrift

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

It amuses me that Gary didn't think about going forward with Peggy until someone pointed out to him that they "have great sex, get along, can talk about everything..." and that someone is Zii...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

So some people really want to see Gary with the girl who's terrible at maintaining long-term relationships, and even staying faithful to her partners??? She who ran from Gary the minute DiDi showed up and shook her ta-tas Zii's way? You people really want to see Zii be the Final Girl???

She has some good insights sometimes, but that doesn't make Zii a good girlfriend. In fact as rogermart said, she insightfully pointed out why Peggy would make the better girlfriend.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard