Dangerously Chloe 2-07-18 There is One Way

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Gotoh

Re: Dangerously Chloe 2-07-18 There is One Way

Post by Gotoh »

MrsKytro wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:52 am
We're not talking about back in the day, we're talking about now-a-days. None of those terms are on par with "slut", and of the hundreds of derogatory ways to describe feminine traits relating to sex.
Being called a "pig" isn't derogatory enough? :-\

If you really need a modern day equivalent, such men get called horndogs (sometimes shortened to "dog") and manwh***s these days. Satisfied? Either way, men get called out for it to. The only double standard is that it's deemed okay to criticise men for it, but not women.
Fereshte wrote:Who is being unfaithful here? No one is married. Teddi isn't in a relationship. He says he loves Chloe but they have no promise of exclusivity that I remember. So why is the idea of infidelity even being brought up?
That's a two part question, but I can answer both at the same time: It's because Pandora already brought the subject up, which left Teddy embarrassed and feeling like a cad.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:49 pm
MrsKytro wrote:
We're not talking about back in the day, we're talking about now-a-days. None of those terms are on par with "slut", and of the hundreds of derogatory ways to describe feminine traits relating to sex.

If you really need a modern day equivalent, such men get called horndogs (sometimes shortened to "dog") and manwh***s these days. Satisfied? Either way, men get called out for it to. The only double standard is that it's deemed okay to criticise men for it, but not women.
“Pig” has no where near the same connotation as “slut,” and women get called pigs as well. Often. “Manwhore” is just a male modifier on “whore,” which does nothing but compare him to a derogatory term used for women. There isn’t even a single word for “manwhore” that doesn’t first come from a female slur. And if you think women don’t get called dog, you’ve never heard the word bitch.

The truth is, while sometimes men get called out for being promiscuous, it’s no where near to the level women get called out, and the terms aren’t nearly as derogatory. While it’s not a contest, it’s disingenuous to pretend men have it just as bad as women when it comes to social shaming and sex.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Fereshte wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:25 pm
“Pig” has no where near the same connotation as “slut,” and women get called pigs as well. Often. “Manwhore” is just a male modifier on “whore,” which does nothing but compare him to a derogatory term used for women.
How is being referred to as a pig, or a dog, not equally "as bad"? Though I agree that it's silly to compare, or attempt to downplay any of them since they all carry the same connotation.
Fereshte wrote:
There isn’t even a single word for “manwhore” that doesn’t first come from a female slur. And if you think women don’t get called dog, you’ve never heard the word bitch.
The only time I've heard b!tch used is in reference to a woman who's either: disagreeable, contemptuous, or antagonistic.

Women have frequently used it themselves to refer to other women they've either had arguments with, or women they generally don't like. The same way guys refer to other guys they don't like as @ssholes, or douches (also "douchebag" and "douchestain").
Fereshet wrote:
t’s disingenuous to pretend men have it just as bad as women when it comes to social shaming and sex.
Que up an episode of Cheaters and see who the usual culprit is. Or look at most talkshows on the subject of promiscuity. More often than not, it's usually a guy.

The only reason people think guys have it easier is because they focus more on when women get singled out for it.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

We’re not talking about fidelity or who is more promiscuous, but how society views the sexes differently for the same actions. If a man sleeps with ten women, and a woman sleeps with them men, she’s viewed differently by society and more likely to be called names like slut, whore, etc. Men also get to sleep with a higher amount of women before a negative label is applied.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Teddy considers himself a woman now. He also refers to himself as a slut for sleeping around with so many guys; because that's his own interpretation of his actions. If he considers himself to be a slut - then he's a slut.

Fighting about the derogatory term that a fictional character refers to himself as is utterly pointless. I mean, who are you defending? Are there actually women in this forum who are offended by the term; because - being a woman - I'm finding the whole feminist/white knight/double standard arguing to be more insulting that the 'term 'slut'.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

You can be offended by whatever you want. If a woman who hates the term “slut” and sex shaming offends you, then you do you, boo.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I'm not offended, though. I just think this entire argument is pointless - considering no one in the forum proper was called a slut.

MrsKytro

Post by MrsKytro »

I'm sad that Teddi I'd ashamed of promiscuity (personal belief that sexual freedom with consenting partners should be celebrated). But it's a story and I trust the writers are going somewhere with it.

What got my hackles up enough to comment on the forum was that the male equivalent of slut-shaming is neither as prevalent not as derogatory as the female equivalent. It doesn't matter who says it (male or female) the harm on the victim is larger because of society's double standard. Don't tell me being called a pig is similar, it frankly is not.

If the Teddy was going through the same mental anguish for doing those deeds as a male, reader reactions would be strikingly different. I think I enjoy reading the forums and seeing those reactions almost as much as the comic.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

MrsKytro wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:10 pm
the male equivalent of slut-shaming is neither as prevalent not as derogatory as the female equivalent. Don't tell me being called a pig is similar, it frankly is not.
It frankly is, even if you think that it isn't. But that more or less proves what I said earlier about people downplaying when males get called on it.
MrsKytro wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:10 pm
If the Teddy was going through the same mental anguish for doing those deeds as a male, reader reactions would be strikingly different.
We already had Kade for that. I even linked to four separate occasions where he was called out on it except, unlike Teddy, Kade didn't care. He still did it anyway.

Ace was also called out when he did it. Brooke called him a skirt chaser and a womanizer and said he was no better than Kade. The difference being, her words mattered to him, plus he was being affected by Tia's magic. Once that was removed, Ace went back to being himself.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Fereshte wrote:
Gotoh wrote:
MrsKytro wrote:

“Pig” has no where near the same connotation as “slut,” and women get called pigs as well. Often. “Manwhore” is just a male modifier on “whore,” which does nothing but compare him to a derogatory term used for women. There isn’t even a single word for “manwhore” that doesn’t first come from a female slur. And if you think women don’t get called dog, you’ve never heard the word bitch.

The truth is, while sometimes men get called out for being promiscuous, it’s no where near to the level women get called out, and the terms aren’t nearly as derogatory. While it’s not a contest, it’s disingenuous to pretend men have it just as bad as women when it comes to social shaming and sex.
All good points that I agree with and will be lost on Gotoh who has some unusual standards. I've been arguing that Teddi is no more culpable for much of what zie's done than Faith to no avail.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

'cept Faith didn't know she was influencing the student body to lust after her in droves until Cerise exposed the truth of the matter.

Teddy knows he's part succubus and knows he can make people do what he wants if he pours on the charm, so should be well aware that it's because he's part succubus that it's happening in the first place - yet, for some reason, is either clueless of this obvious fact or is in denial of it - choosing to place the blame on someone else because it's easier to do that than accept personal responsibility for making people go against their nature so he can partake in all this sexual activity relatively guilt free.

Zafnak

Post by Zafnak »

My bet is, when Teddi gets injected... boom. All the competing/conflicting blood causes her to explode like a blood sausage.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:

If you really need a modern day equivalent, such men get called horndogs (sometimes shortened to "dog") and manwh***s these days.
Those aren't gendered slurs, not at the level of slut. You have too be very clueless to think they're on the same level.
Either way, men get called out for it to.
Bwahahaha. No, they don't. Quite the opposite.